Detox and cleanse?

Options

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I did a 10 day cleanse almost a year ago and I've lost 30 pounds since then. It was a pretty rigorous cleanse and you have to follow it very closely to see the results, but I would highly recommend it. In my opinion, it works just as well, if not better, than all the other cleanses and detoxes out there.
    Quit lying. All you did was cut your beard off for that weight loss. ;)

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

His beard was huge!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    I did a 10 day cleanse almost a year ago and I've lost 30 pounds since then. It was a pretty rigorous cleanse and you have to follow it very closely to see the results, but I would highly recommend it. In my opinion, it works just as well, if not better, than all the other cleanses and detoxes out there.

Since none of them work of course it works as well ;)

Didn't you read the part where I've lost 30 pounds since the cleanse? Of course it works.

That's because you are eating less than you burn. It has nothing to do with the cleanse. What did you cleanse yourself of anyways?
    He's being sarcastic. Look up tin's "Peep cleanse" and you'll understand.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Quit lying. All you did was cut your beard off for that weight loss. ;)

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

His beard was huge!

It was a very large beard. It would have been very hard to clean if it got something sticky in it. And possibly yellow.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options

I remember you touting your fantastic cleanse and how it was a springtime ritual that everyone anticipated with delight. I haven't heard a peep about it this year, and I am quite disappointed.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    So you lost 30 pounds in 10 days? You statement that you've lost 30 pounds since the cleanse means nothing. You've lost weight because you've eaten fewer calories than you burned, not because of the cleanse.

No, I lost 30 pounds since doing the cleanse. I did the cleanse last Easter. The cleanse utilizes monoglucosaccharides to scrub the digestive ducts which allows for fast fat loss. Basic anatomy!

Didn't you read the part where I've lost 30 pounds since the cleanse? Of course it works.

That's because you are eating less than you burn. It has nothing to do with the cleanse. What did you cleanse yourself of anyways?

Macrotoxins and excess vapors. They build up over time and need a cleansing every once in a while.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Haha sorry. I'm slow tonight
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    So you lost 30 pounds in 10 days? You statement that you've lost 30 pounds since the cleanse means nothing. You've lost weight because you've eaten fewer calories than you burned, not because of the cleanse.

No, I lost 30 pounds since doing the cleanse. I did the cleanse last Easter. The cleanse utilizes monoglucosaccharides to scrub the digestive ducts which allows for fast fat loss. Basic anatomy!

Macrotoxins and excess vapors. They build up over time and need a cleansing every once in a while.

OK yeah, I can get understand that cleanse. I thought you were talking about the sugar alcohol cleanse for a minute ;)
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

shq.gif
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks on the Crohn's cleanse. Does that count?
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

Ah, yes, the excess vapors! My husband always complains when I decrease my build-up of those.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

I lost 10 pounds in the course of about 3 days on the "Bad Mexican Food" cleanse. Just eat a spoiled shredded chicken burrito and you won't believe the amount of "cleansing" and "detoxing" going on. From both ends. At the same time.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I lost 10 pounds in the course of about 3 days on the "Bad Mexican Food" cleanse. Just eat a spoiled shredded chicken burrito and you won't believe the amount of "cleansing" and "detoxing" going on. From both ends. At the same time.

I guess I'm an underachiever as it was only from one end ;)
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Cleanses are a waste of money. I tried a 3 day juice cleanse just to see what the fuss was about. It was expensive and when I calculated the calories for the day, it was only like 700 cals for the day for all 7 juices which is way under the recommended daily intake for safe weight-loss. The only thing you really need is water to "flush" your liver and body of toxins. I have since discontinued this juice cleanse as I only got it to try it and don't recommend them for anyone.
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    This reminds me of that other guy in the sauna thread. More like an automated spambot than an actual human being.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Azdak wrote: »
    This reminds me of that other guy in the sauna thread. More like an automated spambot than an actual human being.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems like some people are more interested in hearing only affirmations of woo they already believe in rather than the scientifically proven truth. Cognitive dissonance.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Nope. Waste of time and money. I can't think of a single thing they'd be beneficial for either.
    Detoxes that flush your liver are very beneficial.

Your liver flushes itself. It even regenerates on it's own!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

2osucius10ve.gif
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    KareninLux wrote: »
    Read this as 'detox and cheese' lol - not enough coffee yet.

A cheese cleanse? Sign me up!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone who's actually done either one would be better suited to answer the question js.

Most of the people in your thread have tried silly fads in the past, including "detoxes", with no luck.

They (we) figured out the hard way that they are useless wastes of time and decided to just eat less food instead.
    That's cool...which one did you try?

They're all the same. It absolutely doesn't matter. They're all gimmicks.

Did you read the thread that Diannethegeek posted?
    I did, thanks for asking, I was just really looking for someone who's actually tried them to tell of their experience. But thank you!

I'm thinking you didn't actually read that thread, or the one posted by Anvilhead, or you wouldn't still be asking for experiences and claiming that anyone who isn't cheering your idea is unsupportive...

If trying to keep you from wasting money and spending countless unpleasant hours in the bathroom is unsupportive then so be it...

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    My take on this thread:

OP: I'm thinking of jumping out of a plane without a parachute. I'd like to know other people's thoughts/opinions, but only if you've tried it yourself.
This discussion has been closed.