Wondering how everyone else feels about getting asked out at the gym?

Replies

• 13muthonikimani
    13muthonikimani Posts: 29 Member
    maybe you could do things to make yourself less approachable, like licking the bench before you sit down, or using your water bottle like a neti pot over the water fountain.
    Oh! You could also just say "meow meow meow" anytime anybody talks to you. Maybe even mutter "meow meow meow' under your breath, as a deterrent to any that may be watching and thinking of approaching you.

hahahaha, I need start doing this :D
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    11d1v4.jpg
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    ^^
    :D:D
  • emilyb117
    emilyb117 Posts: 56 Member
    I've never actually been asked out, but I have had guys try to talk to me while I am working out. At my last gym, there was this guy who would sit on a bench while I was deadlifting with my headphones in, and would critique my form, etc. Needless to say I wanted to throw a plate at his head.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    11d1v4.jpg

Ha! I see these posts all the time and they have me feeling like this meme to a T. At the gym i've been asked for a spot...for form critiques....breathing strategies...gym gear advice....never a date.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    ^
    All that is a bigger compliment in my eyes.
  • swheeler0602
    swheeler0602 Posts: 110 Member
    This is how I look at it… If you think I’m somewhat interesting while I’m sweaty and about to pass out because I can barely breathe from my workout. Then you at least deserve a chance to have coffee with me.

In all honesty you can be quite vulnerable at the gym. Sweaty and gross, so they see you at one of your worst looks but they know that you care about your body; well, that’s attractive to me. I’m willing to give them the time for a drink (Venti Caffe Mocha, no whip, non-fat, hold the Mocha, hold the espresso, hold the milk, hold the syrup: aka water).
  • _MissBrie
    _MissBrie Posts: 114 Member
    I have never been asked out at the gym...Must be because I am not one of those girls that cakes on the makeup beforehand...or I'm just not attractive... lol either way. On the off chance it may happen, I would be pretty annoyed. I'm focused and working hard in there, I don't want someone trying to spark up some small talk while I'm squatting... Now that I think about it, I must have *kitten* off written on my forehead when I go in :D
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    aub6689 wrote: »
    I've never understood why people ask me out at the gym. Now as much as I'd love to find my swolemate and all.... I don't understand why guys don't try to get to know you or create some sort of friendship or familiarity before diving straight into ask for a date or number.
    Am I the only girl who thinks this?
    Guys, do girls ask you out at the gym too?

Stop being so attractive. There's your problem. I just put on clothes and go to the gym. I don't even comb my hair. Who cares? I don't. I'll save that for other places.

It's just a numbers game and some guys get that and aren't afraid to just roll the dice every chance they get. Crash and burn most of the time but if you don't ask then you won't know right? I agree though that it's not appropriate. Bad taste to ask someone out that you haven't even talked to.
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    pandora721 wrote: »
    ^
    All that is a bigger compliment in my eyes.

Hell yeah...I'll take those questions any day. I just think it's interesting that a bunch of women seem to have this "getting hit on at the gym" problem.
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,711 Member
    I just take it as the girls being nice...
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    So many people showing off on here...
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    I fail to see the problem. At least you're getting asked out.
  • faithsstaircase
    faithsstaircase Posts: 97 Member
    [/quote]

I rarely get approached in other public spaces.
    [/quote]

Maybe they feel they already have something in common with you. You know, since you're both at the gym and all.
  • BrianMcDaniel2
    BrianMcDaniel2 Posts: 11 Member
    I like it. Only had it happen twice butt it's nice because at least you know that you two have something in common. I don't go to clubs or bars so having the gym would be nice in common.
  • BeefyUk
    BeefyUk Posts: 2,602 Member
    It's not happened to me as yet , but I do get stared at ???
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    robster74 wrote: »

Hey bro, do you ever catch women staring at your junk at the gym? I wear similar joggers as you, perhaps a little tighter even, and on more than a few occasions I've seen women through the mirrors staring directly at my package. Makes me feel uneasy to be honest. Women always say these particular body parts look ugly so I'm wondering why they would even meat gaze in the first place :confused:. What do you reckon, bro?

• BeefyUk
    BeefyUk Posts: 2,602 Member
    robster74 wrote: »

Hey bro, do you ever catch women staring at your junk at the gym? I wear similar joggers as you, perhaps a little tighter even, and on more than a few occasions I've seen women through the mirrors staring directly at my package. Makes me feel uneasy to be honest. Women always say these particular body parts look ugly so I'm wondering why they would even meat gaze in the first place :confused:. What do you reckon, bro?

Yes lol , have noticed girls looking at my tackle but it doesn't bother me , enjoy it while it lasts . :D
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    yusaku02 wrote: »
    11d1v4.jpg

Ha! I see these posts all the time and they have me feeling like this meme to a T. At the gym i've been asked for a spot...for form critiques....breathing strategies...gym gear advice....never a date.

@KellyAnn1286 the guys in your gym are blind