Wondering how everyone else feels about getting asked out at the gym?

Options
aub6689
aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
I've never understood why people ask me out at the gym. Now as much as I'd love to find my swolemate and all.... I don't understand why guys don't try to get to know you or create some sort of friendship or familiarity before diving straight into ask for a date or number.
Am I the only girl who thinks this?
Guys, do girls ask you out at the gym too?

Replies

• aub6689
    Options
    Bbg340 wrote: »
    I get asked out all the time...the gym, produce stand, dentist, toys r us, Walmart, pediatrician, at work, napping on a park bench, standing at the urinal, etc...so I get it. It's tough being this ridiculously good looking.

lol.
    maybe you could do things to make yourself less approachable, like licking the bench before you sit down, or using your water bottle like a neti pot over the water fountain.
    Oh! You could also just say "meow meow meow" anytime anybody talks to you. Maybe even mutter "meow meow meow' under your breath, as a deterrent to any that may be watching and thinking of approaching you.

haha, so headphones with metal blaring just aren't enough these days....

But this isn't just about me cause I know a lot of girls get asked out at the gym, so I am just wondering if some people actually chat beforehand or if everyone gets this, the first time you ever talk to the guy he is asking you out situation...
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I think it's weird. At the club? Sure. At the gym? Um, I'm sweating, keeping my pace and breathing good, or doing reps. Don't bother me. Walking out of the gym? Ok.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Bbg340 wrote: »
    I get asked out all the time...the gym, produce stand, dentist, toys r us, Walmart, pediatrician, at work, napping on a park bench, standing at the urinal, etc...so I get it. It's tough being this ridiculously good looking.

Have you been asked out in the forum yet? Because I don't want to be <that> girl.
  • jessica22222
    jessica22222 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I've been out of the dating scene for a long time, but i don't see anything wrong with being asked out in the gym as long as you're attracted to them.
    It's not really easy to make friends in a gym, not much talking. Going out for a coffee you'd get the chance to get to know them.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    @kkenseth Hey KK, will you go out with me?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    :p
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    fatfudgery wrote: »
    @kkenseth Hey KK, will you go out with me?

Depends. What'd you have in mind?
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Is the gym a sacred space different from other public places?

I don't think that being asked out there is any stranger than being asked out anywhere else.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    we get it, you're sooooo ridiculously good looking that guys just can't help but ask you out!!!

i bet they're all ugly, that's why you're complaining. if they were hot you'd love it.
  • Bundyman
    Bundyman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Complaining about getting positive attention is like complaining about too much cheese on your pizza. That's crazy!
  • chaney3000
    chaney3000 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Never been asked out in the gym. Ha, I must be one of the ugly ones. Hahaha
  • aub6689
    Options
    we get it, you're sooooo ridiculously good looking that guys just can't help but ask you out!!!

i bet they're all ugly, that's why you're complaining. if they were hot you'd love it.

Haha, no, no, not at all, especially not at the gym, lol.

It isn't that they are not good looking, I just find it weird to ask out a girl you've never spoken to before...
    Generally, I find it intimidating to agree to go out with a total stranger.
    Is the gym a sacred space different from other public places?

I don't think that being asked out there is any stranger than being asked out anywhere else.

I rarely get approached in other public spaces.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I've been asked out twice in my life, so I think I'd just assume they were making fun of me, haha.

I think typically I'd be much more responsive to a conversation first rather than just flat out asking for a number. Maybe not at the gym, though. If I'm running, I don't want a conversation. I guess in that case it would be better to ask for a number to start the conversation in a more convenient place.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Never had the "issue" of being asked out at the gym. So sorry, can't relate to your problem. I also don't personally know anyone who has had this problem.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    aub6689 wrote: »

Haha, no, no, not at all, especially not at the gym, lol.

It isn't that they are not good looking, I just find it weird to ask out a girl you've never spoken to before...
    Generally, I find it intimidating to agree to go out with a total stranger.

thankfully you got my sarcasm.

and i've been hit on and straight up asked out at the gym before. they're kinda embarrassed when i tell them i'm married.