Jelious

Options
13»

Replies

• Original_Sinner
    Original_Sinner Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    23 years in an abusive relationship and you come to the internet on how to handle your new relationship and feelings? You should be in therapy, you seem to recognize that your feelings are irrational (which is not saying they are invalid, just irrational) and not a reflection of his behaviour.

You are in therapy right?

Why is therapy always the answer?

Because she's having irrational feelings that as she states, have NO merit on the truth of his behaviour or actions AND she's out of a 23 year VERY ABUSIVE relationship as she states.

I didn't say it was always the answer, but in this case with what looks like behaviours of her past relationship potentially affecting her current ability to process her existent relationship, therapy may not be a bad choice.

That's all.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,922 Member
    Options
    23 years in an abusive relationship and you come to the internet on how to handle your new relationship and feelings? You should be in therapy, you seem to recognize that your feelings are irrational (which is not saying they are invalid, just irrational) and not a reflection of his behaviour.

You are in therapy right?

Why is therapy always the answer?

Because she's having irrational feelings that as she states, have NO merit on the truth of his behaviour or actions AND she's out of a 23 year VERY ABUSIVE relationship as she states.

I didn't say it was always the answer, but in this case with what looks like behaviours of her past relationship potentially affecting her current ability to process her existent relationship, therapy may not be a bad choice.

That's all.

I found therapy useful after a few years of an emotionally abusive relationship. I would consider it essential after a "23 year VERY ABUSIVE relationship."