why is losing weight so hard

13»

Replies

• DaisiesandViolets
    DaisiesandViolets Posts: 58 Member
    Losing weight probably seems hard because by comparison gaining weight is so dang easy. I can do that effortlessly. :) Hang in there. We're all in it together. You got this.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    "Then, I'll have cake and ice cream at a party and boom, 5lbs literally overnight."

No one can eat a giant pile of cake and ice cream and not expect an impact. What's more, no one ever gained five lbs. overnight from eating a very small portion of cake and ice cream that fit within their daily budget, because they adjusted the rest of the day's food as needed. There's way too much magical thinking in weight-loss world. It's not about the universe handing out fair and unfair rewards, it's just about finding out what works and doing it.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    OP,

It's hard because you might not have the right tools. Seriously, building something good requires not just your own skills, or simply wanting it badly but also proper tools and process.

If something is hard, break it down to little chunks. Divide and conquer. Use techniques that are available to us who are an advanced species!!!!

Specifically, slowly withdraw from foods that induce you to eat more. Use psychology, motivation, imagery, visualization, behavioral modification techniques. Attack all fronts.

I'm having a lot of success by controlling my cravings and hungers -- like I'll eat less when I feel eating is a chore -- and increasing my activities and exercises -- I can't wait to do them to experience all the adrenaline high.

Don't struggle blindly. :)

"Then, I'll have cake and ice cream at a party and boom, 5lbs literally overnight."

No one can eat a giant pile of cake and ice cream and not expect an impact. What's more, no one ever gained five lbs. overnight from eating a very small portion of cake and ice cream that fit within their daily budget, because they adjusted the rest of the day's food as needed. There's way too much magical thinking in weight-loss world. It's not about the universe handing out fair and unfair rewards, it's just about finding out what works and doing it.

Oh, I like you two. But I don't know if the OP is ready just yet.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2016
    Long term gastric surgery you still have to count calories to lose as you can eat small amounts but high caloried
    The risk with a g bypass is too high to me 1/200 people die & that's not during that's months after.
    My friend had a gastric bypass yes she lost 7 stone but are cake only and pizza she's ill and her skin hangs
    I've contemplated surgery before but I can't take those risks
    Losing weight is hard but just make small changes to start & change your lifestyle I still have treats :smile:

Ive yoyoed 28 years but now aged 46 I sat thinking this is going to take me 2 years to get 70lbs off lost 12 so far but then I thought if I don't in 2 years I could be 100lbs heavier
    Feeling deprived makes losing weight hard you've got to make sure you have treats in your calorie allowance