Plus Sized Women's Clothing Recommendations?

Options
13»

Replies

• megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like Torrid but can't afford that. I really love the jeans I got at Catos got them on sale. I get most of my blouses at Ross because I'm cheap. But most my wardrobe is nerdy tshirts. I only buy nice clothes for work. I'm not good at cloth shopping. I really wish I had friends to go with it might help.
  • Shrinking_Erin
    Shrinking_Erin Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I love ASOS. And Navabi.
  • deaddolly
    deaddolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised people still like LB. When I was little, I used to have to shop in their Chubby department. Maybe that's why I hate it. Also, I worked there. I just think the sizes aren't accurate and they are so overpriced. $70 for a tee shirt???
    Glad I found YOURS CLOTHING; found it by accident while searching Amazon. Then went to their site. I also like the Avenue, especially for jeans. Sadly, most plus sizes (and by plus I mean size 22 and up) are very out of date and frumpy. I prefer more stylish stuff, even though I'm an old fart!
  • HeyMissNya
    HeyMissNya Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Rainbow, Dots, CitiTrends, Forever21, and Old a Navy all have STUPID CHEAP clothes!!! Sometimes their sizes go up to 5X. AMI Clubwear is plus size hoochie gear <3 cuz big girls like crotchless panties and fishnet dresses in the bedroom too :D Torrid is classy and cute, though a little more expensive than I like. I'm hella thrifty!
  • HeyMissNya
    HeyMissNya Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Btw, shop online at the places I mentioned. You'll find a better selection
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Asos curve
    gstagelove.com
    Boohoo.com
    American Eagle (sometimes)
    H&M
    Target
    Charlotte rouse
    Torrid
    old navy / gap
    Goodwill/savers especially when going down in sizes and don't feel like spending much money

• augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    lol at J Crew a size 18 has a 34 inch waist on the size chart. Um, ok.

@HeyMissNya those are good suggestions! I forgot about Forever 21. I like them because they are always on trend.

@deaddolly, agreed about LB. I hate the weird synthetic glint that's in their clothes, and have never found something there that fits well.

• MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Maybe forever21 plus? And if you are in the states I would try gwynnie bee! I'm in Canada and they don't offer that here.
  • KrysKiss87
    KrysKiss87 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm biased because I work there, But Torrid is my absolute favorite. I LOVE the way the jeans fit me and they offer a lot of very flattering styles for every body shape. Plus they always have a sale going on. ALWAYS. I also love city chic online and Maurices is another favorite.
  • jaxrwild47
    jaxrwild47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love Torrid & Maurice's. I do like Lane Bryant for work clothes - especially slacks, the Houston style is my favorite & what I find most flattering on my shape. I also like Lucky Brand tops, I get them usually of Amazon and just watch the price go down & then snag it, but their stuff has been a nice addition to my wardrobe. Target I've had hit & miss luck w/ the quality - cute stuff, but some hasn't washed up as well as I'd have liked.
  • MissTattoo
    MissTattoo Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I love Lane Bryant, Torrid, Eshakti, Dress Barn, Kohls, Avenue, and Amazon. I found the perfect tall plus size jeans on Amazon. Wallflower was the brand. Best jeans I've ever owned!
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    KrysKiss87 wrote: »
    I'm biased because I work there, But Torrid is my absolute favorite. I LOVE the way the jeans fit me and they offer a lot of very flattering styles for every body shape. Plus they always have a sale going on. ALWAYS. I also love city chic online and Maurices is another favorite.

The coupons from Torrid are great too. I don't think I have ever paid full price for anything there.
  • overw8gosk8
    overw8gosk8 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    lol at J Crew a size 18 has a 34 inch waist on the size chart. Um, ok.

That's funny. I'll admit their 18's fit me when I got into a size 16 :)

Have you guys tried Ashley Stuart? I've heard they do vanity sizing.