I have 100+ pounds to lose and can't do it alone

Options
13»

Replies

• nikjo2015
    nikjo2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me! I have lost 20 lbs so far using MFP and trying to lose another 60 at least. Currently at 242 lbs and 5'2".
  • musicstardust67
    musicstardust67 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have 40 lbs to lose and I've been able to lose weight in the past.
  • mjenna212
    mjenna212 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 170 trying to get to 140/130 and one tip that works for me is just knowing that a little bit of something good will come out of it each day, you may feel more energetic, or just happier, but just know that the # on the scale doesn't matter, the motivation will get you through this, stay strong, hope you achieve your goals!!!
  • FizzyDixon
    FizzyDixon Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me, too! (Anyone can, really!)
  • reginaminer
    reginaminer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I've got the same goal and while I've taken the first 30 off, I still have a long way to go.
  • akyodreanh
    akyodreanh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I log daily and I am always on here! I have 100+ lbs to lose also
  • JemPuddleduck
    JemPuddleduck Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am on the same goal as you. It would be great to have a friend to support each other
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    kilara21 wrote: »
    Please feel free to add me. I started off with a goal to lose 100 pounds several months ago and so far am down 30 pounds.
    The things working for me are:
    *get a food scale/measuring cups and spoons and measure everything you eat...no guesstimating!
    *log everything
    *if you're not physically active, start off slow for short periods of time and work your way to longer periods as time goes by

As long as you hold yourself accountable for what you eat and the exercise you do, it can be done. Good luck in your journey!

I've lost a little shy of 100 pounds, and this advice is spot on. I also always advise people to log for a few weeks to assess their eating habits, so that they can make small changes. (Like, first I stopped drinking calories except for creamers, then creamers, and then I started tackling how I structured my lunch, etc.)

You do not have to change everything at once, and small changes will add up fast. :)