Do you fit fast food in your diet?

2»

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Absolutely! A couple times a week. Had 1/2 a McMuffin and pizza yesterday (ahem, a lot of pizza, but I got a thin crust so it's like "diet" food, ;) ). Split a funnel cake with my kids at the carnival today. Oh, and a Quarter Pounder the other day.

Okay, maybe more than a couple times. But, my weekly goals are met, including macros, calories, fiber and micronutrients, so I can eat convenience foods that often if I wish.
  • kyrannosaurus
    kyrannosaurus Posts: 350 Member
    I don't go near it. I prefer my own cooking generally and it's a drain on the budget. I fit plenty of treats into my diet but they are things like ice-cream and homemade desserts (I love making desserts!). Fast food just isn't worth it.
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    I just add it in like any other meal. I don't eat fast food on a daily basis as it is only twice a month on cheat days so I don't worry about it. Everything in moderation. Good Luck!
  • Bibia2418
    Bibia2418 Posts: 80 Member
    occasionally, not everyday. Sometimes, when you are on the go...there is not much else to eat, especially on the road. Everyday is not a good thing. Cut back the next meal or the next day when you have fast food.
  • treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    I generally avoid it but I will try to make it fit. I took the kids to McDonald's for supper last night and half starved myself all day so that I could work in the calories!
  • EllenFlickner
    EllenFlickner Posts: 32 Member
    I try to avoid it as much as possible, but it isn't always avoidable and when it isn't, i place it in my food log.
  • MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    I don't. As a vegetarian, there's not a lot of good reasons for me to even pull into a drive-thru. I'll sometimes have a Subway samich, but other than that it's just not worth it for me.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Yes, at times. I eat low carb/high fat for my PCOS-IR and MS but within that I do IIFYM to some extent. I have a bunless/lettuce-wrapped burger, or a grilled chicken salad, or whatever works.
  • Smccabe8
    Smccabe8 Posts: 129 Member
    I mostly cut fast food out. I will have Panera every couple weeks, but usually just a salad/half sandwich. If I have to do fast food (forgot lunch), I'll do a small sandwich or burger, no mayo. Sadly I can't afford fries in my daily calories. It's REALLY hard to fit in an actual burger/fries into 1200 calories a day. I find that I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    What is fast food?

I buy food from places that sell food, yes.

I'm not a neo-luddite orthorexic who thinks that home-made is magic.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    No. I don't think fast food provides the nutrients I need, and at 1300 calories it would be difficult to fit in a normal day. I have an In 'N Out cheeseburger and fries once or twice a year, usually after a weekend of backpacking.
  • sarahpedrys
    sarahpedrys Posts: 16 Member
    Rare occasions.. I try to find a subway.. Otherwise I try to fit the time in my schedule to make food. You can eat so much more if you make it yourself vs. A piddly burger or whatever.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    edited March 2016
    Just curious do you avoid fast food if you can or do you include it under your calorie goal if it fits?

If I want it, I fit it in on one of my flex days. Sometimes I deliberately work out a bit more to add a Taco Bell burrito or quesadilla (my favorites) into my program that day.
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    I don't do it often, but I've been here 35 days and I've had Taco Bell twice and Subway once. I made good choices and had no problem fitting them in to my daily goal.