I am going to GIVE UP like everyone else says

Options
jdad1
jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
I feel like a total failure. I think i may just give up. I have had so much success overall but i just can't do it anymore. I had a M&M Halloween pack. I was doing so good!!! I avoided candy for like 14 months i think. I just feel like i should quit. I was unable to resist and for the first time i went over my 1200 calorie goal. I look at myself and i see a weakling. Someone that has no self-control anymore. Someone that will never make my goal weight. I only had 2 pounds to go but now who knows. After my failure today i just don't think i will ever make it. Not anymore. I just wish i had more self-control.

I see all these guys that are big like me staying within their goals each day and now i feel like an outsider. Seeing that number be red really hurts at my core. I was hoping i would be strong enough to do this but know i just don't know. Most days i don't even know what to eat to get to my 1200 calorie limit but today i was over by 36. I am such a complete failure.

:cry:

Replies

• Momof52010
    Momof52010 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Please, don't beat yourself up over it. Everyone goes over occasionally. Also maintaining 1200 cals may not be reasonable for you. I am not sure that an active person can maintain 1200 calories a day and not lose muscle instead of fat.
  • cindi0856
    cindi0856 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days..... Try hard not to look back, realizing that no one is perfect all the time and yesterday is gone. You have come too far to quit now.

We are given the blessing of a new day every day.....Today is a new day to begin again . :flowerforyou:
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    this can't be serious...

you ate some candy for the first time in 14 months and now you want to quit???

bahahahahahahahaha please....I swear you people are funny....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I feel like a total failure. I think i may just give up. I have had so much success overall but i just can't do it anymore. I had a M&M Halloween pack. I was doing so good!!! I avoided candy for like 14 months i think. I just feel like i should quit. I was unable to resist and for the first time i went over my 1200 calorie goal. I look at myself and i see a weakling. Someone that has no self-control anymore. Someone that will never make my goal weight. I only had 2 pounds to go but now who knows. After my failure today i just don't think i will ever make it. Not anymore. I just wish i had more self-control.

I see all these guys that are big like me staying within their goals each day and now i feel like an outsider. Seeing that number be red really hurts at my core. I was hoping i would be strong enough to do this but know i just don't know. Most days i don't even know what to eat to get to my 1200 calorie limit but today i was over by 36. I am such a complete failure.

:cry:

you ate a whole bag of MM's and you were only 36 calories over your goal for the day? Ummm is that all you ate?

You don't know what to eat to get to 1200? I have 1200 for dinner sometimes. How about a steak and some roasted potatoes...

two things here..

1. This is a BS troll thread
    2. you have an eating disorder and should seek help...

thats all I got...
  • PamelaBar01
    PamelaBar01 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Please just keep it going. I went over 569 we have our days! We are Indeed human! Just take it as a treat for going that far now pick it up and keep moving! You'll forget about that M&M it's gone dont let your motivation disappear with it. I always keep a bowl of raisins or almond around when i crave. Best of everything. Keep smiling keep moving!
  • Summer2k14
    Summer2k14 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it! EVERYONE on MFP has messed up, because food is THAT good. Don't beat yourself up over it..you'll thank yourself later. :) x
  • FeelingLessChubby
    FeelingLessChubby Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You say "I wish I had more self-control"... well have it then! You can wish all you want, but self-control is yours and yours only! Nobody ever gets anywhere just by "wishing"

I really feel for you and on one hand I want to say "take a deep breath, relax, it was only one bag of candy, not worth it to quit just over that", and on the other hand I seriously want to say "come on - get a grip, grow a pair, it's not like you've un-done everything you've achieved in the last 14 months!"

Get some perspective - it's one day and only 36 calories! Go for a walk and burn it off and stop feeling sorry for yourself!
  • linkquick
    linkquick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    32 calories over? :-) Come on, if that should happen again you should walk them off! Do keep on going, show that old self of yours that you're stronger, healthier now! Now get up your *kitten*!
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    It was a small bag. Like a Halloween type one.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    is this supposed to be funny? you'll have to try harder than that.
  • tbrain1989
    tbrain1989 Posts: 280 Member
    Options

36 calories?

stop wasting everyones time, you could easily mis-count by 100 calories every day...

even at 1200 calories 36 is 4% of your daily intake... if you had that much over every day i bet my life youd still lose wait ..
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. This is a LIFESTYLE change. You have a lifetime ahead of you with the weight issue. You can't give up. WOW, you have gone 14 months without candy! I don't go a week without candy, lol.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options

*blinks* I wouldn't sweat 36 calories over.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    is this supposed to be funny? you'll have to try harder than that.

I don't know about that. A good eight serious responses or so, doesn't seem like one has to try too hard.
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    I ate some Oreos recently, if you quit here can I follow you where you go?
  • gowrirao81
    gowrirao81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    There, there! It will be ok. :D
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    it takes 100 calories a DAY to put on 1lb in a MONTH. 36 calories over - forget it. And if you're really big, why only 1200 calories a day?

I think someone is looking for funnies........
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I ate 720 caloris worth of animal crackers yesterday and was over my calorie "goal" by 1000...I'm actually always in the red. You'll be fine...I'd encourage you to do that more often than every 14 months and you may not feel as bad about it! Enjoy your chocolate :)
  • misstammy123
    misstammy123 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Seriously, you went 36 over not 36 thousand. If you are genuinely feeling this bad then seek psychological help as to why u are beating yourself up....
  • TonicSapphire
    Options
    Is it even healthy for a man to eat only1200 calories a day?
    You went over by 36 calories and this makes you give up?
    This is either a joke or the OP needs a reality check.
This discussion has been closed.