ARE QUEST BARS REALLY AS GOOD AS IVE BEN TOLD THEY ARE?

Options
123457»

Replies

• mer1cose
    mer1cose Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    B-Up is definitely the way to go - https://yupbrands.com/

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    JACave21 wrote: »
    Very overrated IMO

I second that. The best one I had was chocolate or brownie, left my mouth feeling funny and I get compelled to finish it (hate to waste). Found chocolate Solo bars last night, that's what I'll get when I want a bar.

You should try other flavors, there are a lot of them. In terms of nutrition, Quest bars are much better in almost every way:

Quest Double Chocolate Chunk:
    Calories - 180
    Fat - 8g
    Carbs - 23g
    Sugar <1g
    Fiber - 13g
    Protein 20g

Solo Mocha Fudge
    Calories - 200
    Fat - 8g
    Carbs - 25g
    Sugar -18g
    Fiber - 4g
    Protein 10g

So in terms of nutritional content, Quest has 20 less calories, the same amount of fat, 2g more carbs, 17g less sugar, 9g more fiber, and 10 gs more protein than Solo. I like less sugar, more fiber, and more protein, so that is why Quest is a better bar than most, IMO
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    3 quest bars/day crew.

2Cookies & Cream, 1 Peanut Butter & Jelly for lunch every day (spread over a few hours). So convenient to bring to the office and if I'm really busy I don't need to leave my desk for lunch.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    chewyxrage wrote: »
    3 quest bars/day crew.

2Cookies & Cream, 1 Peanut Butter & Jelly for lunch every day (spread over a few hours). So convenient to bring to the office and if I'm really busy I don't need to leave my desk for lunch.

You eat 3 a day? Thats alot of fiber :open_mouth:
  • antennachick
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    JACave21 wrote: »
    Very overrated IMO

I second that. The best one I had was chocolate or brownie, left my mouth feeling funny and I get compelled to finish it (hate to waste). Found chocolate Solo bars last night, that's what I'll get when I want a bar.

You should try other flavors, there are a lot of them. In terms of nutrition, Quest bars are much better in almost every way:

Quest Double Chocolate Chunk:
    Calories - 180
    Fat - 8g
    Carbs - 23g
    Sugar <1g
    Fiber - 13g
    Protein 20g

Solo Mocha Fudge
    Calories - 200
    Fat - 8g
    Carbs - 25g
    Sugar -18g
    Fiber - 4g
    Protein 10g

So in terms of nutritional content, Quest has 20 less calories, the same amount of fat, 2g more carbs, 17g less sugar, 9g more fiber, and 10 gs more protein than Solo. I like less sugar, more fiber, and more protein, so that is why Quest is a better bar than most, IMO
    Most the quest bars I have seen actually are 190 or 200 calories

• antennachick
    Options
    I really like them. Double chocolate chunk and coconut are my favorites.

I also really like the taste of the cookie dough ones but I don't like that those have sucralose in them. Some of the flavors don't have sucralose (only stevia).
    Do you knoe which flavors only have stevia? Haven't seen them :(
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options

I also really like the taste of the cookie dough ones but I don't like that those have sucralose in them. Some of the flavors don't have sucralose (only stevia).

The ones I found without Sucralose are:

Double Chocolate Chunk
    Coconut Cashew
    Banana Nut
    Lemon Cream Pie
    Strawberry Cheesecake
    Cinnamon Roll
    Chocolate Peanut Butter
  • geminimcm
    geminimcm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've tried them and thought they were really really good. But I like the taste of most protein bars anyway and am not too terribly picky. But I thought these were so good, especially when microwaved less than 10 seconds. It get so soft and brings out all the flavors like a dessert..sooo good!
  • antennachick
    Options

The ones I found without Sucralose are:

Double Chocolate Chunk
    Coconut Cashew
    Banana Nut
    Lemon Cream Pie
    Strawberry Cheesecake
    Cinnamon Roll
    Chocolate Peanut Butter
    good to know, thanks!

• VenusWindmiller
    VenusWindmiller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I love them. They are one of the few protein bars that I enjoy and that my stomach can tolerate. I only like certain flavors though.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    ajsawrie wrote: »
    They remind me of these weird things I tried as a naive teenager to lose weight. They were called Full Bars. The idea was that you ate this bar of some low cal material (that was essentially Styrofoam) and drink a glass of water with it and it would expand in your stomach, leaving very little room for food. It was supposed to be the same as a gastric bypass, because it "made the stomach smaller" by filling it up with junk that I'm sure couldn't be processed by anyone's gut.

Shocking conclusion: I lost no weight. My hair did start falling out, though...

oh my gosh! D:
  • lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    They used to be REALLY good, but apparently they've changed a bit. A few people I work with commented on how they don't taste very good now and I thought they were crazy. One of the doctors at work actually gave me some of hers because she doesn't like how they taste now. After the past few bars I've eaten, I do agree the taste has changed. It's not enough to keep me from eating them, though.
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Wasn't a fan of these bars.
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Liked them before, tried recently, and was really disappointed. Will not buy again...