Carrot, medium-sized, sliced : 1
    Celery sticks, sliced; optional : 2
    Tomatoes, ripe, de-seeded : 3
    Fresh mint leaves, finely chopped : ¼ cup
    Coriander leaves, roughly chopped : ½ cup
    Bread slices : 3-4
    Butter : 1 tbsp
    Olive oil : 2 tbsp
    Balsamic vinegar : 1 tbsp (or 1 tbsp white vinegar with ¼ tsp sugar)
    Lemon zest (grated lemon/lime peel): ½ lemon (or 1 lime)
    Freshly ground black pepper : 1 tbsp

Method

Soak the chickpeas overnight. Pressure-cook them the next day with a teaspoon of salt. Drain the chickpeas and keep aside 1 cup of the water/stock in which the chickpeas were cooked, for later use.

Slowly toast the bread slices, cut them into small pieces, and leave them out to dry. Coarsely powder the toast pieces in a grinder to make bread crumbs and keep them aside.

Preheat the oven to 200°C.

Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into roughly 2 cm chunks. Boil them in salt water for 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain the water and leave the sweet potato chunks to dry. Then mash the cooked sweet potatoes with the butter and a pinch of salt and pepper until smooth; set aside.

Add the coriander powder with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium-sized pan over medium heat. Then add the sliced cabbage, carrots, and celery. Add half of the chopped green coriander leaves. Cook these vegetables for around 5-7 minutes, or until soft.

Meanwhile, roughly chop the mushrooms and tomatoes. Add to the pan along with the vinegar. Cook for a few minutes, then turn up the heat, and allow it to boil. Add the chickpeas and the stock, and cook until slightly thickened. Add the remaining coriander leaves and transfer the mixture to a large baking dish (roughly 25 cm x 30 cm).

Spread the mashed potatoes over the top, using the back of a spoon. Mix the grated cheese, lemon zest, breadcrumbs, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sprinkle the mix over the mash, then place it in the hot oven for around 10 minutes, or until completely hot. Place under the grill (top heating element in the oven) for a further 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown. Garnish with finely chopped mint leaves and serve.
  • Shalini0072016
    Shalini0072016 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have been posting the recipes, directly from the online. I really don't know, if they are interesting and mouth watering. But, I can definitely say that, they are 100% healthy.

Love
    Shalu
    <3
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    Ash Gourd Halwa

This halwa is a tasty, sticky treat containing the positive-pranic and healthful ash gourd. Daily consumption of ash gourd greatly enhances one’s intellectual capabilities.

Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients:

Ash gourd (white pumpkin), peeled, grated: 300-400 g
    Ghee: 1 cup
    Cashews: 10
    Sugar: 1 cup
    Green Cardamom powder: 1 tsp

Method

Squeeze the grated ash gourd pulp by hand to remove excess liquid or, alternatively, allow the pulp to sit in a sieve/colander for some time until the juice runs out.
    Heat the ghee and sauté the cashews in it until golden brown. Remove the cashews with a slotted spoon and keep aside until needed.
    To the same ghee, add the grated ash gourd and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add the sugar and cardamom powder.
    Cook, stirring continuously, until the halwa begins to leave the sides of the pan and becomes a homogenous mass. Add the fried cashews and mix well.
    Cool and serve.
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    Cashew Burfi or Kaju Katli Recipe

Caution: This kaju katli recipe results in extremely tasty burfis which may leave you wanting more and more!

This recipe yields thirty 2-inch pieces

Cashew nuts – 1 cup
    Sugar – 1 cup
    Water – 3/4 cup
    Cardamom – a pinch
    Ghee – 6 tbsp
    8-inch diameter serving plate (stainless steel/glass)
    Apply ghee to the plate and keep it aside. Grind the cashew nuts into a fine powder in a blender. Ensure this does not become a paste. Heat a pan and add water and sugar. Allow this sugar syrup to boil until it reaches single-string consistency. (One-string consistency can be checked by lifting a ladle from the syrup. If the syrup drops in a single string and not two or three, it has reached the proper consistency.)

Gently add the powdered cashews in small quantities while stirring and folding it into the sugar syrup. Make sure lumps do not form by stirring continuously. Add ghee in small quantities while continuing to stir. Once the mixture becomes thick, slightly bubbling, and is no longer sticking to the edges of the pan, the mixture is ready. Pour the burfi mixture onto the plate with ghee. Allow it to cool for about 30 minutes and then cut into 2-inch squares.

That’s it for our kaju katli recipe. Now that the sweet is done, let’s add some spice with our Cashew Pakoda recipe.
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    Cashew Pakoda Recipe

This recipe yields four servings.

Cashew nuts – 1 cup
    Ragi flour – 1 cup
    Rice flour – 1/2 cup
    Corn flour – 1/2 cup
    Finely chopped mint leaves – 1/4 cup
    Fennel seeds – a few
    Ginger – 1/4 inch
    Red chili powder – 1 tsp
    Salt – a pinch
    Melted butter – 2 tsp
    Water
    Oil
    Mix all the ingredients except the oil with sufficient water to make a soft dough. Heat the oil and drop small clumps of the dough into the oil. Fry until the cashews in the dough are golden brown. Remove onto a plate lined with a paper towel (to remove excess oil). Serve!

• Shalini0072016
    Options
    I am feeling so good, that I am being able to surf from the net and update it directly into this discussion. Please post your request. I will make sure, that I update them as well.

Love
    Anu
    <3
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    Spicy Thattai Recipe (Makes 25 to 30)

Roasted Rice Flour – 300g
    Roasted Channa Dal Powder – 70g
    Roasted Peanut Powder – 70g
    Soaked Channa Dal – 25 gm
    Melted Butter – 3 Tsp.
    Sesame Seeds (Black or White) – 4 Tsp.
    Cumin Seeds – 1 Tsp.
    Red Chilli Powder – 2 Tsp. or to taste
    Curry Leaves – 10 to 12 leaves
    Salt – to taste
    Any Vegetable Oil – for frying

Mix all the ingredients with water sufficient to make a smooth dough. Pinch the dough into balls, roughly 1.5 inches in diameter. On a wet muslin cloth, press the dough flat until it is about 2/3rd mm thick. Deep fry in hot oil until golden brown. Remove from oil and place on a paper towel to absorb the excess oil. Wait for the thattais to cool and serve!
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    Mixed Avocado Salad with Crunchy Seeds

Here’s a fun, crunchy salad you can try when you’re looking for a light but delicious precursor to the main meal.

Yield: Serves 4

Ingredients:

For the Salad

Ripe Avocado (butter fruit): 1
    Pumpkin seeds: 1 tbsp
    Sunflower seeds: 1 tbsp
    White Sesame seeds: 1 tbsp
    Capsicum: 2
    Grapes (or fresh pineapple chunks): 1 cup
    Iceberg lettuce: 1 (medium-size)

For the Dressing

Ripe Avocado: 2
    Juice of 1 Lime
    Black Pepper powder (fresh, coarsely ground): 1 tsp
    Olive oil: 4 tbsp
    Salt : 1/2 tsp
    Honey: 2 tbsp
    Zest of 1 Lime

Method

Toast the pumpkin, sunflower, and sesame seeds in a lightly oiled pan until golden (not golden brown). Cool completely.
    Peel the avocado and cut into 1-inch-long slices.
    Wash the capsicums and cut into 1-inch squares.
    Cut the grapes in half (lengthwise). Deseed if necessary.
    Cut the iceberg lettuce into medium-size chunks.
    Puree the ingredients for the dressing in a mixer and keep it aside.
    Mix the salad vegetables and grapes in a big glass bowl.
    Drizzle the dressing on the salad just before serving. Toss the salad, taking care not to over-mix the ingredients. Sprinkle the toasted seeds on top.

Note: If the seeds for garnish are not available, they can be replaced with cashew halves.
  • skjaimini9
    skjaimini9 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cucumber Salad

Ingredients

Cucumber- 4 cups (finely chopped)
    Capsicum-1 cup( finely chopped, deseeded)
    Tomato- 2 cups( finely chopped, deseeded)
    Oilve Oil- 2 tbsps
    Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
    Black gram- 1 tsp
    Split chick peas- 1 tsp
    Coriander-1/4 bunch(finely chopped)
    Peanuts- 1 cup( soaked overnight)
    Lime- 1 small
    Ingredients

Take a bowl add the chopped cucumber, tomatoes, capsicum, peanuts, coriander and mix well.

Now, take a frying pan heat the oil, pop the mustard, black gram & chick peas. Pour this mixture into the salad. Squash the lime into it & mix it well. Serve it normally or with tortillas.

Note: You can follow the same procedure with snake guard.
    Shred the skin off with a knife, deseed it & then finely chop it.

Love
    Shalu <3

Nice recipes plz add me
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    Hi everyone. My health condition is very bad & the internet has lost it's speed. I am sleeping for hours. I really want to get back to what I really was. But, it's really getting hard day by day. The tablets are not working on me, which were given by my doc. Today, I am going for a reconsultation. Hope, this time, I would feel better.

Love
    Shalu <3
  • Shitty_Dieter
    Shitty_Dieter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hopefully yo
    Hi everyone. My health condition is very bad & the internet has lost it's speed. I am sleeping for hours. I really want to get back to what I really was. But, it's really getting hard day by day. The tablets are not working on me, which were given by my doc. Today, I am going for a reconsultation. Hope, this time, I would feel better.

Love
    Shalu <3

Hopefully you'll heal soon. I love Indian food and seeing this thread made my day. I'll be sure to try every single recipe you post, and will read them all soon. Thanks for sharing everything!
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    Sorry!!! I am still sick
  • priyankarai2005
    priyankarai2005 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Get well soon dear
  • silmacri
    silmacri Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your recipes. I love Indian food. Do you have a recipe for Butter Chicken?
  • shalinij911
    shalinij911 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All. I have created new account. I will posting using this one
  • Domilg23
    Domilg23 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    wow - i saved so many recipes for future dinner, hanks for share!
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    @silmacri. I don't know to cook non vegetarian.
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    Hi everyone. Thinking of getting back to updating the Delicious recipes. What say?
  • Pinkylee77
    Pinkylee77 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    love to see some. What do you do on the extremely hot days
  • Shalini0072016
    Options
    Well. It's Rainy Season in India. On extremely hot days. I eat foods which has more water content. Cook foods which keeps my body cool.
    Watermelons
    Cucumbers
    Ash guard
    Bottle guard.
    Millet porridge
    Curd rice( My style)
    Buttermilk.

We apply Mehendi to our hands. As, it makes the whole body cool down.

@Pinkylee77