Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What silly things did you do before you started this?

Seffell
Seffell Posts: 2,241 Member
edited March 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Ah, the days when I ate the chocolate spread with a soup spoon from the jar :)

Do you have silly things like this? Let's have a laugh :)

Replies

• williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    gebeziseva wrote: »

I've been known to destroy a jar of peanut butter in such a manner. Oops! I still like eating a spoon of PB, but JUST one (spoon, not half the jar or more in a sitting any more) and it's weighed and logged to fit my day.
  • LOL, I used to do that! Now I do that with a T of almond butter :D
  • Seffell
    I would also drink the double cream from the container. :)
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    gebeziseva wrote: »

I've been known to destroy a jar of peanut butter in such a manner. Oops! I still like eating a spoon of PB, but JUST one (spoon, not half the jar or more in a sitting any more) and it's weighed and logged to fit my day.

Me too, that's the ONE thing I miss, eating peanut butter out of the jar, with no limits.
  • meredithdelcastillo
    meredithdelcastillo Posts: 64 Member
    I LOVE butter! One of things I would do is spray the spray bottle of butter directly into my mouth. It was so good. Please don't judge me. I am ashamed.
  • jandsstevenson887
    jandsstevenson887 Posts: 296 Member
    When MFP yells at me because I didn't eat enough calories for the day, one spoonful of Honey roasted PB is my go-to
  • Seffell
    I LOVE butter! One of things I would do is spray the spray bottle of butter directly into my mouth. It was so good. Please don't judge me. I am ashamed.

Ahaha this is so cool! Never tried it. I love butter too :)
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Mayo on toast.
    Milk shakes
    Taco Bell nacho supreme

Hmmm. Wonder how I gained weight?
  • BoomstickChik
    BoomstickChik Posts: 149 Member
    Mindlessly snack.

Now I weigh and portion snacks.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    Mindlessly snack.

Now I weigh and portion snacks.

Ditto.

I miss sitting at the computer playing with my guild buddies and having snacks within reach so I only had to leave the missions to go pee. Also, eating the whole plate/package of food at restaurants and home. Eating to satisfaction, I miss thee.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Consume entire pints of ice cream
    Eat *All* the restaurant portion
    Right there with you @darlswife with Taco Bell Nacho Supreme
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Imagine this.

2 tortillas and between those tortillas is 200 calories worth of chicken and 800 calories of cheese.

I used to buy while bags of candy and chips and eat then while doing homework.

Before two years ago almost I sat at the computer all day. I went to the mall and on occasion I took a walk but I was no where near the exercise addict I am today!

I think the highest I got was 211.

I ate two jars of Nutella on my own not to long before I started.

I never counted my calories and I couldn't run for even 20 seconds without being out of breath. By running I mean jogging.

I used to recklessly drink 500 calories of milk a day. I had 3 servings of ice cream when we had it. I had 4 to 6 pieces of toast with 2 tablespoons of butter on each probably.

I hardly ever drank water.

I could go on and on....
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Entire pints of Ben & Jerry's while studying for exams... Oreos for days...
  • tanyaltrl
    tanyaltrl Posts: 42 Member
    Eat a full jar of nutella and 3 large butter croissants in a night. It was the only thing I would ever binge on. Now Ive been vegan for two years.
  • ldowdesw
    ldowdesw Posts: 222 Member
    Making butter cream filling and eating it from the mixing bowl.. Make crumble topping with no intention of making a crumble.. And lovely instant custard powder from the packet. Gert lush
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    LOL I've never sprayed the spray butter directly into my mouth, but now I wanna try it!

Trader Joe's makes these tiny mini chocolate peanut butter cups and sells them in pint containers- I'd eat an entire container in one sitting. The whole thing. I would be so sick if I tried that now.
  • You can get spray butter? :neutral:

I liked glooping Nutella over vanilla ice cream... that said, it's not something I did regularly 'before' because we don't usually keep Nutella in the house. We have almost finished a large jar that a friend got me for Christmas and we have both been pretty good with it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,636 Member
    Whole bag of taco flavor Doritos in one sitting (but only taco flavor).
    Buying myself a treat (chunk of carrot cake, say) just because I did the grocery shopping.
    Eating out (and finishing the whole gooey meal, with alcohol) multiple times a week.
    Alcohol (drink or two) at home most nights, about half the time, a craft IPA.
    Big dollops of mediterranean-style garlic sauce (basically garlic & olive oil pureed together).
  • Seffell
    I would also have grated feta with salad (everyone in my family knows me for this haha) instead of salad with grated feta. If the veggies were more than the feta - no way I'm eating this. Triple the cheese and I might try it :)

Oh and I would sometimes drink a whole can of condensed milk. Within 10 minutes. I loved this one!
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Family bag cheese doritos .......1000cal plus whatever else I ate .. yeah I'm shocked i didn't weigh 600lb