What silly things did you do before you started this?

Options

Replies

• Aylame11
    Aylame11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thai chilli crisp, family size bag! Two whole large double chocolate cookies melted with whipped cream!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Those stupid Sonic stupid shakes, once a week. 2000 calories for one. And I ate what I would normally eat that day too so it was probably a 5000 calorie day on those days.
  • Jeff_Sawtelle
    Jeff_Sawtelle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    Mindlessly snack.

Now I weigh and portion snacks.

Ditto.

I miss sitting at the computer playing with my guild buddies and having snacks within reach so I only had to leave the missions to go pee. Also, eating the whole plate/package of food at restaurants and home. Eating to satisfaction, I miss thee.
    zyxst wrote: »
    Mindlessly snack.

Way TMI! Keep it in good taste dude.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Nothing particularly silly, but I was always really active up until I graduated college at 30...like I was 100 MPH everywhere with everything...like I did landscape construction in college and didn't own a car for much of that time and bike commuted or walked everywhere...hiked in the mountains regularly, played ultimate frisbee with my buddies, etc...I always had to eat big just to maintain the status quot...which was pretty skinny. Basically I was accustomed to eating massive amounts of food with no consequences.

I didn't think of it at the time as supporting my activity or anything like that, I just knew I was hungry all of the time and basically ate whatever and whenever and still had difficulty maintaining my weight and not dropping weight. When I graduated and took a desk job and bought a car I continued to eat big...it never really dawned on me that eating an entire pizza for dinner wasn't normal if you had a desk job...or that really, I didn't need to eat an entire rotisserie chicken for lunch anymore...or that all you can eat pancakes for breakfast really isn't a fabulous idea when you're going to go sit at a desk for 12 hours.

Let's just say that it didn't take long to start packing on the pounds...initially it was actually a welcomed thing because I was always right on the bubble of being under weight...but then I ultimately crossed over to the other side of the equation.
  • samanthafayeh
    samanthafayeh Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I used to eat a whole tub of Phish Food Ben and Jerry's, usually after having pizza
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    No bag of cool ranch Doritos was safe.

Half a loaf of homemade French bread with oil. Then pasta. Lots of pasta. With cheese.
  • MamaMc3
    MamaMc3 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Unlimited Pepsi - I drank it like water. Yuck.

I would eat fast food for breakfast and lunch, and we went out for dinner a lot. I ordered whatever I wanted without thinking about nutrition. We almost always had an appetizer.

I would go whole days without a fruit or veggie.

Yikes.
  • Linzon
    Linzon Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I also used to work at a pizza place and we were allowed to make ourselves a personal pizza each shift. Mine would have white sauce instead of tomato sauce, pepperoni, sausage, anchovies, black olives, feta cheese, and extra mozzarella. And a ranch dip on the side, of course. It would come out of the oven absolutely swimming in grease and I ate one almost every day.

Funnily enough that's the point in my life when I was heaviest!
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I used to take big bites out of the cream cheese when I was in high school. My mom would flip out when she went to make a pie and saw my teeth marks, lol.
  • MrsLMKing
    MrsLMKing Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Added extra, extra cheese to everything that I ate. I do love cheese, but now that I track, I realize that I can taste the cheese just fine without adding "extra."

Also, wayyyy too many sickeningly sweet alcoholic drinks that made me feel sick anyway, especially with my (lifelong, really bad) acid reflux. What's so bad about having a couple of vodka and tonics instead of a half dozen "Sex on the Beach" that made me feel like total crap?
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    zi7h1ui9deao.gif
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options

ldowdesw wrote: »
    Make crumble topping with no intention of making a crumble..

ROFL Love this one
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    I took cheat weekends.

I ate well during the week, I would lose weight during the week ... and then I'd go a bit crazy on the weekend and gain it all back. And occasionally, I'd gain a tiny bit more.

Slowly ... gradually ... I put on weight.
  • diwijo13
    diwijo13 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    Family bag cheese doritos .......1000cal plus whatever else I ate .. yeah I'm shocked i didn't weigh 600lb

I love nacho cheese doritos. They're the only ones I like. I would literally get upset with my husband and kids if they touched them. I buy the other kinds for them. Why touch mine? Lol. Also, that was the only food that I couldn't buy for a while because I had no self control. I bought some a few weeks ago and was afraid to open them! So I usually just get the 3/$1 bags even if the big bag is on sale for $1 more. Nacho cheese doritos-how I love thee!!
  • diwijo13
    diwijo13 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Those stupid Sonic stupid shakes, once a week. 2000 calories for one. And I ate what I would normally eat that day too so it was probably a 5000 calorie day on those days.

Wow! 2000 calories. What size and how many add-ins?
  • Rick_Nelson81
    Rick_Nelson81 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    When I was working 12-hour shifts with a 45 min commute 5x per week, I ate the Waffle house breakfast sampler, I think it was called, it's practically a mini-buffet, then Wendy's cheeseburger meal with soda for lunch, and Pizza Hut small supreme pizza and an order of fried buffalo wings for dinner almost every day... I feel sick just thinking about it. I never worked out and I didn't sleep very well either, it was terrible.
  • pennypuffkin
    pennypuffkin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I used to eat frosting straight from the container with a spoon while playing video games all day. Mmm, frosting.

Oh, and I used to eat an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey in one sitting too.

Oh, oh, and I could down an entire bag of BBQ potato chips by myself in like 10 minutes.

Now I don't buy those yummy things, because I could/would still do all of the above if I had a bad day. ;)
  • Wysewoman53
    Wysewoman53 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    A family-sized bag of Oreos and a gallon of milk to wash them down in one sitting...Reese's Peanut Butter cups...ate so many around Halloween one year, it almost makes me sick to even think about eating them now. Guess I burned out my taste buds for them...lol! Am also a closet Nutella junkie...ate it right out of the jar and then would wonder where all the Nutella went when my grandkids would come over and want some...hmmmm, I wonder?!!! Wow! So many things I used to do and now think: Really???
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    This was long ago: I baked a pan of brownies so my husband could have dessert with his lunch when he came home from work. He had 2, I had 2, then after he left I ate the rest of the pan. I didn't want him to know I had eaten them all so I baked another pan and ate 4 of those. No harm, no foul!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Peanut M&Ms. In extremely large quantities... Sometimes I'd have 2-3 bags as dessert (on top of my regular meal). Plus 3-4 glasses of red wine to wash it all down. Just thinking about the quantities now makes me sick.