What silly things did you do before you started this?

Options

Replies

• cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Added extra, extra cheese to everything that I ate. I do love cheese, but now that I track, I realize that I can taste the cheese just fine without adding "extra."

Also, wayyyy too many sickeningly sweet alcoholic drinks that made me feel sick anyway, especially with my (lifelong, really bad) acid reflux. What's so bad about having a couple of vodka and tonics instead of a half dozen "Sex on the Beach" that made me feel like total crap?

Shut the front door - Sex on the Beach was breakfast lunch and dinner the last couple of times I was in Cuba. Along with food of course, but manoman, they were good!
  • skbrodie
    skbrodie Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    MamaMc3 wrote: »
    Unlimited Pepsi - I drank it like water. Yuck.

This is how I was with Coke- my boyfriend and I no longer keep soda in the house. We only buy it if we need it to mix with drinks and even then we buy a 1 liter so we don't over indulge.

• natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    MyWeigh94 wrote: »
    I used to go to Culver's and get a quadruple cheddar butter burger, with extra cheddar and bacon. Plus 2 orders of fried cheese curds. With ranch. And then I would get a large hot fudge and peanut butter malt instead of a soda. And then eat it all in the car before I went home.

Or I would get one if those giant hershey bars and eat it with a whole 16 oz jar of peanut butter.

I forgot about Hershey bars and Peanut butter!! YUM!!!
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I Would eat until I felt sick.

I could get through a great hole bottle of full fat Mayo every week. Now the low fat one lasts a month.

I used to eat Pringles and dip for dinner.

I could get through 4 big big bars of chocolate every week.

I used to take the bus for a 5 minute walking journey.

So bad lol
  • sarahkanzalone
    sarahkanzalone Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Going to local restaurant and getting a grilled cheese with Mac and cheese on it dipped in tomato soup and fried pickles appetizer..... Chicago has way too many fatty delicious places to eat
  • KimmyJaneTD
    KimmyJaneTD Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ENTIRE PACKS OF OREOS... like no cookie left behind!
    I miss that. lol
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew. So much Mountain Dew. Now a sip makes me feel sick!

Doritos..esp Cool Ranch. A full size bag would be gone in 2 days.

And just way too much takeout/fastfood/pizza in general. SO much pizza...
  • smcrimmon84
    smcrimmon84 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Oh and peanut butter m&ms...oh how did I forget about those? I would eat SO many - we would buy the big bags at the grocery store and they didnt last more than 2 days...now I stick to single serve bags of Crispy m&ms!
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I would and still do on occasion get a wet burritto with extra cheese and extra sauce and 3 sides of sour cream. It would literally be a pile of sauce and cheese surrounding the burritto. I still do this on occasion as a treat but now I'll only eat half
  • KimmyJaneTD
    KimmyJaneTD Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew, Mountain Dew. So much Mountain Dew. Now a sip makes me feel sick!

Doritos..esp Cool Ranch. A full size bag would be gone in 2 days.

And just way too much takeout/fastfood/pizza in general. SO much pizza...

This. I LOVED some Mt Dew.... now I can't even remember the last time I had it.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I drove the 10pm-1am shift on the safety shuttle in college--so each time I'd make sure to have a book on tape and a big bag of Swedish fish, which I'd eat no matter how sick I was feeling. At the time I burned it all off running and training for crew, but that habit lasted longer than my training days.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    My husband really likes macaroni and cheese and I'd make two boxes, and we would split it, a little less than a full box for myself and just over a full box for him for dinner.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Ajocal18 wrote: »
    I would and still do on occasion get a wet burritto with extra cheese and extra sauce and 3 sides of sour cream. It would literally be a pile of sauce and cheese surrounding the burritto. I still do this on occasion as a treat but now I'll only eat half

tell me more lol
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies dipped directly into a tub of cream cheese icing. Girl Scout cookies dipped into heavy cream.
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    chili cheese fries
  • wisenbsd
    wisenbsd Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was on the wings, beer, sports diet
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    diwijo13 wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    Family bag cheese doritos .......1000cal plus whatever else I ate .. yeah I'm shocked i didn't weigh 600lb

I love nacho cheese doritos. They're the only ones I like. I would literally get upset with my husband and kids if they touched them. I buy the other kinds for them. Why touch mine? Lol. Also, that was the only food that I couldn't buy for a while because I had no self control. I bought some a few weeks ago and was afraid to open them! So I usually just get the 3/$1 bags even if the big bag is on sale for $1 more. Nacho cheese doritos-how I love thee!!

This is me.
    DONT even think of touching my zesty Doritos !!!
  • jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    diwijo13 wrote: »
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    Family bag cheese doritos .......1000cal plus whatever else I ate .. yeah I'm shocked i didn't weigh 600lb

I love nacho cheese doritos. They're the only ones I like. I would literally get upset with my husband and kids if they touched them. I buy the other kinds for them. Why touch mine? Lol. Also, that was the only food that I couldn't buy for a while because I had no self control. I bought some a few weeks ago and was afraid to open them! So I usually just get the 3/$1 bags even if the big bag is on sale for $1 more. Nacho cheese doritos-how I love thee!!

This is me.
    DONT even think of touching my zesty Doritos !!!
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Back when I was a gymnast I could eat anything and not gain a single pound. Think family sized frozen lasagnas, whole stacks of pringles, cartons of ice cream, multiple slices of Cheesecake factory cheesecake. Not gonna lie my go to lunch every day of high school was a giant croissant with approximately half a block of full fat cream cheese. You know I should really start gymnastics again...
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Beer. Could drink a 12 pack of craft beer at 160 cals a pop to myself. Was very incorrigible and wouldn't feel a thing til I was black out drunk. Monthly work parties always involved the beers, shots, vodka gummy bears, and assorted junk food. Then I turned 26, got my first (and last) hangover and I stopped that. Obviously not a healthy thing to be doing, physically or mentally.

Cheesecake. My husband makes the most amazing Cheesecake I have ever tasted. I can't leave it alone, so now he only makes one for my birthday, the rest are for clients.

Chips. Family size, you say? Not around me!

Vanilla bean ice cream. I could easily demolish a tub of it, drowned in a few shots of good espresso.

Mini Mars bars. 1 bag =1 full size bar, at least in my head.

I should mention that for many years I played rugby, baseball and did the occasional roller derby. I stopped doing those things, but continued to eat like I was still that active.

The list goes on. I'm surprised I'm not a 400 pound alcoholic.