I've opened up my food Diary, Can someone help me out here?

Options

Replies

• buffywhitney
    buffywhitney Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Definitely get yourself a shake maker and do some shakes. I make my own with artificial sweetener, Hershey unsweetened cocoa, unsweetened almond milk and a banana. Sometimes I'll add pb2. Very filling and low in cals and I get my chocolate fix :) Before you knock the artificial sweetener, don't. I have had much success with it. The recipes are endless. I didn't see a lot of fruit and veggies in your diary, shakes are a great way to get them in. Best of luck to you.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Just look up Fitness Blender on Youtube. They only do either bodyweight cardio or the superset style strength training. Some have both, some are separated into the cardio, upper and lower body. I'm on the second of their 8 week programmes having previously just been winging it myself and I've yet to do the same workout twice!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Okay, so i up my calories to maintenance, but what about going to the gym and my cardio? am i eating 50% of those calories also? =/ LOL omg

Yes, eat at least 50%of those back. Track your weight and adjust accordingly.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Okay, so i up my calories to maintenance, but what about going to the gym and my cardio? am i eating 50% of those calories also? =/ LOL omg

Yup. Do a little searching around the forum on reverse dieting. That's less scary than just suddenly whacking your calories up. Especially if a large leap in the scale will freak you out (as I said, it wouldn't be fat gain but for some people that's a hard adjustment to make).
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    PS. I'm a binge eater too, I have regularly taken diet breaks and will absolutely be upping my calories for a slower loss when I get to your point. AND I eat my exercise calories (I wear a tracker and HRM for cardio).
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 4lbs this month

I'm not sure that I see a problem with this. What rate of loss were you expecting? An average loss of 1 pound per week is a decent loss rate.

Just keep doing what you are doing and you will get to your goal in four months (or perhaps, five months, if the loss rate slows a bit).
  • minizebu
    Options
    Its not really a problem, its just the math doesn't add up, those 4lbs are based on my 500 calorie deficit, but i am also excersizing and have a lot of days where i do not eat to my 1460 goal, so my question was just why isnt the math adding up.

How are you arriving at your figures?

You've given your age and weight, but not your height. How tall are you?
  • minizebu
    edited March 2016
    Options
    im five foot 3.
    im just going by what mfp gives me for a calorie goal, weight in grams on food packaging and the USDA food database.

For a 5'3", 30 year old woman weighing 155.1 pounds, your BMR (per the Mifflin Jeor calculation) would be 1394 kcal and with a lightly active physical activity level, your TDEE would be 1916 kcal.

If you are eating around 1460 kcal, then your deficit is on the order of 456 kcal. This is consistent with the 1 pound per week loss rate that you are experiencing.

Remember, sometimes you are eating less than 1460, but sometimes you are probably not exercising to a 1916 kcal level, too. These things tend to even out.

Just keep doing what you are doing.
  • minizebu
    Options
    Thank you, thats very helpful. I will up my protein and include weights and eat at 1460 like ive been doing. Thanks so much.

Bear in mind that as you continue to lose weight, your BMR will drop commiserate with the new lower weight. You should recalculate your BMR and TDEE every so often and adjust your calorie intake downward.

Have you adjusted your settings in MFP to do this? (You can do this by going into the settings tab.)

• minizebu
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Yes, i do that every time i lose about 5lbs, 1460 is the most current. Once it gets too low that i begin to have troubles eating good, i will change it to .5lbs per week loss instead of 1lbs per week and continue on with the slower weight loss.

Sounds like you've got things under control. Congratulations on your progress. I wish you continued success.

Remember, regardless of what any calculators tell you, your body "knows" your TDEE. You can use your loss rate and the actual calories that you consume to do the backward calculation to find your TDEE. So, if you are losing at a rate of around a pound a week, then you are probably eating around 500 kcal less than your TDEE. You can then add 500 to your average calorie intake to arrive at your own personalized estimated TDEE.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    For starters, try to meet the protein goal MFP gives you. It is just a minimum, but you are getting about half of your goal, less some days.

I will see what i can do, but on a 1470 calorie diet, i find that eating a high amount of protein to hit that goal doesnt really leave me a lot of room left for anything else in my life lol..

Just an observation from looking at your diary: some days you have from 1/4 to 1/3 of your calories from puddings and chocolates. Perhaps switching out some of that for a protein drink (Bolthouse Farms has a great double protein chocolate flavor) or other protein sources might help you meat your protein goal. I'm not saying to eliminate those things. That would sound preachy.

lol those are my low carb things, is there a lot of carbs in these drinks? since i am currently just getting out of being diabetic, id rather try just eating more meat then to drink anything that might have too high carbs in it.. pudding is no sugar added and so are the little chocolate bars, although i mostly eat those for the 12g of fiber they pack.

Can you explain "getting out of being diabetic?" This would no doubt create a whole new set of circumstances for you and might best be addressed by your doctor.