I've opened up my food Diary, Can someone help me out here?

Options

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    elsesvan wrote: »
    You have done a real good job. Well done! Maybe less carbs from light bread, and more proteins(white fish, chicken, turkey etc.-low on calories) Try to eat your carbs as vegetables, broccoli, brousselsprouts, carrots, etc etc.(it will fill you up in a healthy and good way) Light bread is no good in my opinion, lots of calories, and doesn't fill you up properly. You actually can compare white flour, which light bread types are made of, as sugar. Make a Oatmeal porridge(40 grams of dry oatmeal) with water in the morning- put cinnamon and a little banana on, fills you up and gives you good carbs, fat and proteins.

Okay.. but can you help me out by explaining why doing these things will change my weight loss?
    Im trying to figure out why im losing slower now, my issue isnt that i am hungry lol

Good question :) I know that after a while on diet as yours and your weightloss the body get used to the amount of calories and since you eat the same nomatter how active you are, the body starts saving -keeping the fat( this is how we are built in case of famine). Maybe you actually have to increase your calories by a couple of hundreds a day. This calories must come from something else than light bread and sugar, thats way I was into that side of your diet ;)

Nope. Look up the Minnesota Starvation Diet. There also isn't anything wrong with bread if she fits it into her calories.

Kriss, I'm sorry, I just saw some below-1200 calorie days in your diary and didn't look at the goal (right after a nap, so I was a bit groggy). With the amount you've lost, have you taken any breaks at all? Just to eat at maintenance? That could be an option to give your body a break and refresh it.
  • ClosetBayesian
    ClosetBayesian Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You have done a real good job. Well done! Maybe less carbs from light bread, and more proteins(white fish, chicken, turkey etc.-low on calories) Try to eat your carbs as vegetables, broccoli, brousselsprouts, carrots, etc etc.(it will fill you up in a healthy and good way) Light bread is no good in my opinion, lots of calories, and doesn't fill you up properly. You actually can compare white flour, which light bread types are made of, as sugar. Make a Oatmeal porridge(40 grams of dry oatmeal) with water in the morning- put cinnamon and a little banana on, fills you up and gives you good carbs, fat and proteins.

Okay.. but can you help me out by explaining why doing these things will change my weight loss?
    Im trying to figure out why im losing slower now, my issue isnt that i am hungry lol

Good question :) I know that after a while on diet as yours and your weightloss the body get used to the amount of calories and since you eat the same nomatter how active you are, the body starts saving -keeping the fat( this is how we are built in case of famine). Maybe you actually have to increase your calories by a couple of hundreds a day. This calories must come from something else than light bread and sugar, thats way I was into that side of your diet ;)

No.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    For starters, try to meet the protein goal MFP gives you. It is just a minimum, but you are getting about half of your goal, less some days.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

Nope. Look up the Minnesota Starvation Diet. There also isn't anything wrong with bread if she fits it into her calories.

Kriss, I'm sorry, I just saw some below-1200 calorie days in your diary and didn't look at the goal (right after a nap, so I was a bit groggy). With the amount you've lost, have you taken any breaks at all? Just to eat at maintenance? That could be an option to give your body a break and refresh it.

No worries :)
    and no, i havent eaten at maintenance yet.. lol to be honest, i am terrified to, being so close to goal and knowing my calories are going to be higher and im going to have to eat close to that so i dont dip to a sickly weight is also something i am trying to mentally prepare for.. lol.. im a weenie haha

She's right though. You have to eat at maintenance when you reach goal, right?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    1470 is not a high calorie goal, so hitting your protein shouldn't be that much of an issue. Its only 30% of your total calories.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »

No worries :)
    and no, i havent eaten at maintenance yet.. lol to be honest, i am terrified to, being so close to goal and knowing my calories are going to be higher and im going to have to eat close to that so i dont dip to a sickly weight is also something i am trying to mentally prepare for.. lol.. im a weenie haha

She's right though. You have to eat at maintenance when you reach goal, right?

Yes. That doesn't make it any less scary haha.
    Let me ask you this. What are your maintenance calories? Have figured it out yet? You cannot continue eating under maintenance.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I really think a diet break would help you. A couple of weeks at maintenance and that includes factoring in some exercise calories. I think your body just needs it at this point. And it wouldn't hurt your mind either. You could approach it in a reverse dieting way by increasing calories by 100 per day until you reach maintenance and then stick with maintenance for a couple of weeks.

Also agreed you should up your protein and hit the weights, or at least some body weight training.

And lastly, how tall are you? I'm assuming you regularly recalculate your calorie goal as you lose?
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    For starters, try to meet the protein goal MFP gives you. It is just a minimum, but you are getting about half of your goal, less some days.

I will see what i can do, but on a 1470 calorie diet, i find that eating a high amount of protein to hit that goal doesnt really leave me a lot of room left for anything else in my life lol..

Just an observation from looking at your diary: some days you have from 1/4 to 1/3 of your calories from puddings and chocolates. Perhaps switching out some of that for a protein drink (Bolthouse Farms has a great double protein chocolate flavor) or other protein sources might help you meat your protein goal. I'm not saying to eliminate those things. That would sound preachy.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Do you have access to a gym with weight classes. They can be fun.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Lol honestly, im wigging out just thinking about it and i knew it would happen when i was going to hit maintenance also.. my brain is telling me that since im stalling now and not moving that im eating maintenance already and therefor if i increased my calories id ultimately gain weight, since right now at 1460 i am not gaining and just very very slowly losing. lol

I will try and eat more protein though and hit weights, i did start off that way but i just find it so boring lol but i guess i must do it anyway.

im 5 foot 3, recalculate every few pounds.

I do bodyweight cardio and superset style strength training (with Fitness Blender videos, free on Youtube or paid for programmes cheap). I couldn't do traditional lifting heavy because I too find it boring.

And not to keep banging on but you need to address the mental issue you have with increasing calories, your body could have adapted to a degree to the calorie restriction after so long and genuinely need a break to get itself all straightened out again. It may show a slight increase on the scale but it wouldn't be fat and it will only benefit you in the long term.