Embarassing Moments with Children

Options

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I'm really glad that my "kids" all have hoofs, webbed feet or paws!
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    "my daddy lets me see his in the bath and im aloud to touch it"

That's really disturbing. That's not just something embarrassing that kids say.
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    "aloud to touch it"???????????????? REALLY???????????
    Dear God............what is wrong with you??????? Please report this person; this screams "grooming".
  • gettinfitaus
    gettinfitaus Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    In a fabric shop, my 2 year old is furiously tapping his foot on the floor and wiggling his bottom, I asked if GE was dancing his reply: "no, my penis is really itchy!". Got dagger stares from several old ladies.

Same kid I was 5 months pregnant and HUGE watching TV and an ad for the ab wave or something of that variety comes on he says "hey mum you should buy that! So then your tummy will be flat and beautiful and nice" thanks kid
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    When me and my son were waiting in line at McDonald's and the cashier places a tray with an order of fries and a burger for someone else's order and my son sticks his hand in the fries and starts to eat them! The cashier threw the fries away and prepared another batch.

Another time, we were at McDonald's and my son slapped an older man who was waiting in line on his butt! My son is 6 years old, non-verbal and autistic.

Another moment was when the maintenance guy came to our house to fix something and my son gave him a big bear hug around the waist!

Then, there was the time when my son bit a lady in her butt at the SSI office and she screamed out and everyone stared!

Then, the other time was when we were in the grocery store in the aisle and my son starts to squat and grunt because he is having a bm in his diaper and the smell became intense and then after we paid for the items I had to explain to the bagger who was putting the groceries in our cart, why it smelled so bad LOL! My son has a laundry list of embarrassing stuff he has done, where I was absolutely mortified!
  • Tiffa0909
    Tiffa0909 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I don't have children but I have nephews , the situation are partly my fault.

When my nephew got sweaty I use to tell him that his butt stinks so that he would take a bath , so one day I took him to pay some bills and in the middle of a really long line I mention how hot it was and that I was sweating and he screamed your butt stinks , everyone started to laugh.

He also found some female pads and he thinks they look like diapers, instead of explaining I just told him that they were grandmas diapers. So he use to blackmail my mom and tell her that if she did not do he wanted he would tell everyone that she pooped her pants.

Thank God that he is 12 now and knows better.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Dear God............what is wrong with you??????? Please report this person; this screams "grooming".

While i appreciate the concern and im sure my daughters father enjoys being painted as a child molester i can tell you with out a doubt there was no hidden meaning behind my daughters story other than she had a bath with her dad...end of story.
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options

While i appreciate the concern and im sure my daughters father enjoys being painted as a child molester i can tell you with out a doubt there was no hidden meaning behind my daughters story other than she had a bath with her dad...end of story.

So you're ok with her bathing with him AND touching his penis? I don't get it. How is that ok???
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have 3 grown kids of my own, and plenty of stories, but the one that stands out in my mind is when I was babysitting.

My friend and I were around 14 and had taken the little 3 yr old to the mall. I think his mom was Christmas shopping, and we were walking him around now that I think about it.

Well we thought it was hilarious that he couldn't say his T's. He said them as an F. His mom had given him a Truck to carry around and he loved it. We, being 14, thought it was funny and encouraged him to say phuck phuck.............until we saw the 2 nuns and priest from our local parish :noway:

We scurried on down the way, turned the corner and there they were! PHUCK :happy: PHUCK :happy:

By now I had taken the truck away from this cute little tow head (I swear he looked like a mini John Denver) so without the TRUCK in his hand, he was just CUSSING!! :embarassed: :embarassed:

I can imagine the nuns were cracking up inside, but they sternly looked at us and said they would see us on Sunday :sad:
  • hotmomma0612
    hotmomma0612 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago, I was babysitting my almost 3 year old nephew. I took him to my church. He was being quiet and playing with his toys so I whispered "You're being such a good boy!" His response? He YELLED out "No! I'm a freaking jerk!".... I tried not to laugh but everyone heard...
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Extremely verbal 18 month old girl who will repeat what she is saying louder and louder until you repeat it back to her. Saying "Yes, you're right" doesn't work.

We use real words for body parts.

Trip to Target a couple weeks ago where a dress was worn and certain correctly labeled items were easy access.

I wanted to die.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Who has had one? Last weekend my girls and I went shopping. They went to a sports store to look at soccer cleats. I strolled to VS to pick out some lingerie! Unbeknownst to me, my youngest daughter who is the tomboy of all tomboys wanted to know why I would want to wear 'that stuff' !

I know I turned red and stumbled around in a pathetically adult attempt to shift the conversation. I thought I was successful and that she had forgotten all about it. However, she just called me at work and going totally off topic brought it up again. Very random and I don't have any idea why but now I'm entering a realm previously not experienced.

So, I wonder to myself....who else has had to do any explaining to their kids?

Just because she is a "TomBoy" doesn't exclude her from being curious about bra's and panties. She has questions, I wouldn't feel awkward if I were you. Sometimes when ppl get cast in certain roles, its hard for other to look objectively that they may have other interests and curiosities. She is not just a "TomBoy" she has many sides to her, Im sure. How old is she?
    Do you get what Im saying? I grew up more rough and tumble so to speak and it would have been nice to have been talked to like a female not as "just one of the boys" She prolly brought it up again to engage you into seeing her as something other than "uninterested"
    I climbed trees, searched for snakes, played sports and loved my jeans and t-shirts. But Guess what? There is a very sweet sexy girl inside of me, I t would have been nice for someone to help me tap into that, instead of ppl wondering what was up with me when I actually wanted to wear a skirt.

:flowerforyou:
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    When my husband and our two children went on a hayride close to 20 years ago (son was 4, daughter was 2) and we were getting all situated in the wagon, a lady sat down close to us. She had long, dark brown hair streaked with gray, which was bushy and desperately needed to be combed. She had a wart or a small protuberance of some sort on her nose. My son, in a clear voice, asked my father if she was a witch. There was no way that this woman did not hear this. I quickly busied myself with settling in my daughter. We still mention this story every now and again; it always brings laughter.
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options

So you're ok with her bathing with him AND touching his penis? I don't get it. How is that ok???

Yes i am fine with my daughter who was pre school at the time having a bath with her father, the touching was a non event, a pointed curious finger corrected by her dad. But in her mind made a great argument as to why she should be able to see my husbands.

Although im not with my daughters father anymore i trust that he is not a child abuser, and i know my daughter well enough to know that there has never been anything sinister going on.

I feel sorry for fathers who feel they can't share a bath with their children for fear of accusations, i shower with my toddler frequently yet nobody has shouted child abuse when he points or pokes at my boob.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

Then we were at the mall and had to stop off to use the restroom, she's in the stall with me and decides to blurt out extremely loud "hey mommy, lady right there is poooooooping!"
    Never heard someone get up and leave so fast. lol

hahaha this is awesome.
  • cherio256
    cherio256 Posts: 219
    Options
    When me and my son were waiting in line at McDonald's and the cashier places a tray with an order of fries and a burger for someone else's order and my son sticks his hand in the fries and starts to eat them! The cashier threw the fries away and prepared another batch.

Another time, we were at McDonald's and my son slapped an older man who was waiting in line on his butt! My son is 6 years old, non-verbal and autistic.

Another moment was when the maintenance guy came to our house to fix something and my son gave him a big bear hug around the waist!

Then, there was the time when my son bit a lady in her butt at the SSI office and she screamed out and everyone stared!

Then, the other time was when we were in the grocery store in the aisle and my son starts to squat and grunt because he is having a bm in his diaper and the smell became intense and then after we paid for the items I had to explain to the bagger who was putting the groceries in our cart, why it smelled so bad LOL! My son has a laundry list of embarrassing stuff he has done, where I was absolutely mortified!

I know the feeling honey! My son is 7 and autistic and not potty trained. He is also very tall for his age. I have experienced the pooping in public. My son likes to squat over with his hands on his knees and go, in line at any store, walmart etc. lol. He has also eaten off people's plates in restaurants.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Great stories everyone....I had to get past the ridiculous of why someone would post "the doodle story" and think it was perfectly fine, but otherwise the rest were hilarious.**refrains from commenting more**
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    When my son was younger and learning that the difference between boys and girls wasn't just 'girls have longer hair' he learned that women have vaginas. And ALL around the grocery store, he'd point at every woman and ask 'Momma, does SHE have a 'gina?' I think I was as red as a tomato by the time that trip was done.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Yes i am fine with my daughter who was pre school at the time having a bath with her father, the touching was a non event, a pointed curious finger corrected by her dad. But in her mind made a great argument as to why she should be able to see my husbands.

Although im not with my daughters father anymore i trust that he is not a child abuser, and i know my daughter well enough to know that there has never been anything sinister going on.

I feel sorry for fathers who feel they can't share a bath with their children for fear of accusations, i shower with my toddler frequently yet nobody has shouted child abuse when he points or pokes at my boob.

Yeah, kids will relate a story in black and white and something will come across as allowed, permitted, or encouraged when, in reality, it just happened.

It happened to us yesterday. "Daddy gave me cookies for breakfast!" No, you happened to find cookies and eat them in the morning while daddy was home and mommy wasn't.
  • annwyatt69
    annwyatt69 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    My sons are in their 20's now, but when my youngest was about 2 1/2, we were shopping in Target in the boy's clothing area. A lady was shopping and she just happened to have some REALLY big knockers on her. My sons had just watched "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" by Disney, and my youngest, as loud as could be says, "WHAT A WOMAN!!!!" Of course, I practically ran out of the store. Kids say the darnedest things!!!