Bored poll: Monogamy

Options
124»

Replies

• PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    A choice. Not for everyone, but for some. Something that's often reinforced by religion. There's no right way to do it.

I would prefer a monogamish marriage. Someone who was my main partner and shared an emotional bond with me. But we would also enjoy different partners together and individually. Lots of communication and complete honesty and respect.

But I also have a lot of respect for poly couples. The ones I have known are so close and have really bettered themselves by being able to understand their insecurities through dealing with jealousy. Mad props.

I'm with you on the monogamish.

As long as there's trust, openness, and honesty, I see no problem with throwing other partners in the mix.
  • KinzieElise
    KinzieElise Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    A choice. Not for everyone, but for some. Something that's often reinforced by religion. There's no right way to do it.

I would prefer a monogamish marriage. Someone who was my main partner and shared an emotional bond with me. But we would also enjoy different partners together and individually. Lots of communication and complete honesty and respect.

But I also have a lot of respect for poly couples. The ones I have known are so close and have really bettered themselves by being able to understand their insecurities through dealing with jealousy. Mad props.

I think this is the best answer.
  • Tennolina
    Tennolina Posts: 2,413
    Options
    In the words of George Michael

cq4xe.jpg
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    In the words of George Michael

cq4xe.jpg
    Best answer.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I like monogamy as long as the person fits. No drama, boredom comes and goes, 100% trust, no worries of STDs, and just the constant companionship and memories. Win/win!

If you are in a ****ty relationship... then its probably worse then no commitment.

I also think its probably good if you have kids so they aren't confused, haha