Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!
Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• MrsUptonOgood
    MrsUptonOgood Posts: 1,897 Member
    nitroalley wrote: »
    anupn69fu7om.jpg
    Here you go Lynn. The enlisted mens uniform was the same as the officers back in the 70's

Nice!!!
  • nitroalley
    nitroalley Posts: 3,599 Member
    Thanks Guys - that was a very long time ago. It is what I am shooting to get back to. Maybe I should re-up.

Nah. Let the young turks go for it. I do love watching the Coast Guard recruits training in Cape May running on the beach.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    I never enlisted due to various health reasons, but I was a civilian engineer at the Naval Surface Warfare Center for quite some time before I got into the beach business. I did get to design several ship systems before I left.
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    126ghf34ucrz.jpeg

Made it to the beach house! Beach pics tomorrow :)
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    nice. what beach?
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Glad you made it safe Jenjen. I'm on my way! ;)
  • Mike02209
    126ghf34ucrz.jpeg

Nice, what beach? Perhaps it is one of my signature beaches.
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Nice JJ
    So jealous
  • jenjencin78
    Would rather not say in public forum...if you guys don't mind lol. I'll say that we are in between Point Pleasant and Seaside Heights :)
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    126ghf34ucrz.jpeg

beautiful
    so that's where we'll be staying when we do our Jersey shore trip?
  • jenjencin78
    Oh and all friends are welcome, we are planning a big 4th of July/Birthday celebration for my son next weekend. This is the first summer since Sandy we've been able to use the house!
  • nitroalley
    nitroalley Posts: 3,599 Member
    Pretty House Jen.
  • Justpeachy02
    That would be so fun with all us normals there JJ
    Oh and all friends are welcome, we are planning a big 4th of July/Birthday celebration for my son next weekend. This is the first summer since Sandy we've been able to use the house!

• Mike02209
    Would rather not say in public forum...if you guys don't mind lol. I'll say that we are in between Point Pleasant and Seaside Heights :)

Ahh, I understand that. I didn't design that area you described, but the closest one of mine is just North of there from Manasquan Inlet to Belmar.
  • jenjencin78

It would be a blast! I had a huge party there a few years back and it was so much fun lol. I invited 60 ppl to my sons bday party thinking no one would come bc it was 4th of July weekend...every last person showed up and we had to make several beer runs lol!
  • Justpeachy02

It would be a blast! I had a huge party there a few years back and it was so much fun lol. I invited 60 ppl to my sons bday party thinking no one would come bc it was 4th of July weekend...every last person showed up and we had to make several beer runs lol!

Oh wow!! Fun times
  • jenjencin78
    synchkat wrote: »
    126ghf34ucrz.jpeg

beautiful
    so that's where we'll be staying when we do our Jersey shore trip?

Mi casa es su casa!
  • LiftingLisa
    LiftingLisa Posts: 12,345 Member
    Did I hear beach party?

@jenjencin78 beautiful house!
    @tfrasur awesome pic with your son. Enjoy your time with him.

• jenjencin78
    Mike02209 wrote: »

Ahh, I understand that. I didn't design that area you described, but the closest one of mine is just North of there from Manasquan Inlet to Belmar.

I know the area well! The inlet near the Mantoloking bridge isn't too far from us. We are so lucky that our house is still standing. The entire first floor had to be gutted. We are on the lagoon and the bay was in our living room.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 wrote: »

I know the area well! The inlet near the Mantoloking bridge isn't too far from us. We are so lucky that our house is still standing. The entire first floor had to be gutted. We are on the lagoon and the bay was in our living room.

It was really bad up there. I live in Florida, but have designed quite a few beaches in Ny and Nj since Sandy hit. Still have several years of work to do up there.