Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Replies

• OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    My voice is too sore from Amon Amarth last night to pull off Dethklok tonight. But I'm soothing it with some lemon beer, so that's a plus.

BTW I got to hang out with the singer of Entombed...!!!!!!!!

</fangirl>
  • fjellrev
    fjellrev Posts: 5,078 Member
    Lars? That's awesome! Was he completely hammered and speaking in a thick Swedish accent?
  • OneHundredToLose
    fjellrev wrote: »
    Lars? That's awesome! Was he completely hammered and speaking in a thick Swedish accent?

Ha, yes, yes he was. I went outside to get some fresh air during Amon Amarth's set and he was out there with 4 empty cans of Pabst at his feet. I went over and just told him that I was a big fan and I loved his set, and how much fun it was to wreck people in the pit to his music. He was super cool and chatted with me for a good 10 - 15 minutes about old school metal.
  • fjellrev
    That sounds about right. Excellent timing. I once ran into Mikael Stanne at the bar during Opeth's set after some *kitten* was semi-strangulating me to get my front spot, so I have to thank that guy for having me leave the floor. Stanne was wasted and I started speaking to him in my beginner's Swedish at the time with my weak voice (from said semi-strangulation). So he was garbling back in his Gothenburg dialect and couldn't walk straight.

Also ran into Finntoll outside after their show and hung out with them for a while. It was pretty sweet. Luckily my Swedish was good by then so I was able to converse in Vreth's troll tongue.
  • OneHundredToLose
    That's so cool, sadly here in the US there's little chance of ever getting to see Finntroll (or even Dimmu nowadays). I saw Nightwish a few weeks ago and Delain opened for them. That's the one kind of metal my girlfriend and I can agree on, she doesn't like death metal at all.

It was funny though, when Delain was on I noticed that their guitarist was an absolute badass, and then during Sonata Arctica's set I looked to my left and she was standing right next to me. Didn't get to talk to her though because right when I noticed her she walked away.
  • fjellrev
    edited April 2016
    That's strange since it's Canada that sooner gets shafted when it comes to shows (especially when you don't live in Vancouver, Toronto, or Montreal), and here Finntroll came to Edmonton twice. Dimmu was here with Enslaved in 2010 too.

Yeah, not really a fan of symphonic metal and I haven't even heard of Delain until now. How is Nightwish's newer vocalist? Seems like they're a lot more pop-like now with her.
  • OneHundredToLose
    I wasn't a fan of Nightwish's new singer until I saw them live. That said, I might be biased because she is -absolutely- gorgeous. But I also really like their new album, Endless Forms Most Beautiful, which is 100% about the science of evolution and features quotes from Dawkins' book The Greatest Show On Earth.

Nightwish wouldn't even make my top 20 list of bands, but I like them because it's common ground for me and my girlfriend. She's never going to like Amon Amarth or Lamb of God, but we can both enjoy Nightwish and bands like them, so I can dig it.
  • fjellrev
    Wow, here I thought Annette was still their vocalist. I'm really out of the loop.

After Tarja was given the boot and they were looking for a new vocalist, an acquaintance of mine sent in a long-distance audition and truly thought she was going to be chosen but obviously didn't. So all of a sudden no one was allowed to even utter the word Nightwish in her presence without her losing her *kitten*. So she hates them but still secretly loves them. Or something. So messed up, that chic.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Good morning normal convo peeps
  • mamajkeach
    mamajkeach Posts: 1,275 Member
    Good morning! Have an amazing day!
  • rockgoddess2016
    rockgoddess2016 Posts: 8,663 Member
    It's cold
  • synchkat
    My Sunday plans have changed.

So we went swimming yesterday and I ended up with this rash on my arms and now my arms and back are itchy. Guess I'm not going swimming again for awhile
  • backontheattack
    backontheattack Posts: 3,178 Member
    That's not good, allergy to chlorine??
  • synchkat
    I've no idea I've never gotten a rash before but I guess it's allergy season and all my sensitivities get more sensitive so I guess that's probably what happened. Ugh this is why I stick to frozen water nothing to give me rashes on the ice.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    So what is a housewife to-do when all the chores are done ?

This is why I don't clean , lol
  • synchkat
    haha that's when you surf the net. or I go to the mall and spend money on stuff I don't need. Usually dresses

or you troll Facebook looking for old friends to see what they're doing...did that last Sunday and found my high school crush who is now a fireman...yum
  • pie_eyes
    D is broke daily so no shopping for me
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    D is broke daily so no shopping for me

He treated me to an iced coffee and breakfast sandwich on payday , I think that's all I'm getting this week

Other than food
  • synchkat
    Well that's always yummy.
    I get money from hub's pay because of something they have to do because he basically owns part of the firm so I figure that's kind of my salary for being a housewife. :) well not really I just like spending money when I'm bored.
  • pie_eyes
    Yeah , lol