Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• fjellrev
    fjellrev Posts: 5,078 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on the interview, @pie_eyes. You're awesome to the power of π.
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Options
    Anyone alive in here tonight?
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    Just me, ugh long nite of work only halfway done, vacation can't get here soon enough!!
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    I'm the only one awake in my house. It's been weird with my girlfriend switching to a night schedule, she goes to bed at like 8 - 9pm now
  • IndianaGolfer
    Options
    Maybe she will adjust, what's her work hours now?
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    She's now working 3am - 10am. It's rough because I work 9am - 5pm or 6pm, so when I get home we only have 1 - 2 hours together before she goes to bed
  • IndianaGolfer
    edited April 2016
    Options
    My wife works from 9 am til she decideds, usually 6-7 pm and I'm 10:30pm -7 am but she leaves soon as I get home each morning, 45 min drive for her. So is about 2-3 hrs maybe each nite. Plus is out of town a lot for work, conferences.
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Do you guys find it difficult to spend time together? She's still adjusting to her new schedule, but she's been incredibly tired over the last week, so we haven't gone out or done anything more than mostly just make dinner, watch an episode of a show, then she goes to bed and I stay up until my normal bedtime.
  • IndianaGolfer
    Options
    Yes, very difficult during the week. Weekends we try and always do something, but being apart makes being together as difficult. Feels like it's over trying to fit a weeks worth of contact in. Non sexually lol, just to be clear.
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Well that's a concern too, though I understand that she's just been really tired lately as she adjusts to her new schedule. We talked about it tonight though and both agree that we need to be patient and figure out a way to adjust to it. I may shift my work schedule an hour or two earlier in a couple months.
  • IndianaGolfer
    Options
    Talking is good, it's a start in at least understanding the difference. I'm trying to get on days, not looking good tho anytime soon. B
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Aww look at you two talking ...lucky partners you both have..
  • IndianaGolfer
    Options
    Aww look at you two talking ...lucky partners you both have..

Feel free to join us lol, the floor is open.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Aww Im just reading how you try to make it work...not whinging and bitchin is a good start.
    Well done lol
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    Well personally I think that the whole idea of a long term relationship just working on its own is a myth. The only reason my S/O and I have lasted almost 7 years so far is because we've talked about our problems with level heads and open minds.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Well personally I think that the whole idea of a long term relationship just working on its own is a myth. The only reason my S/O and I have lasted almost 7 years so far is because we've talked about our problems with level heads and open minds.

Awwww....7 years well done..but let me tell you as a twice married ..2nd hub was married 3 times ..not everything works out as you expect lol..even talking doesn't always help...people change ..its a fact...But that is an amazing take on it ..you just might make it..
    I admit I do see those really old couples that have been together 60 years and wonder if they are together because thats what was expected when they were younger..have they spent 60 miserable years together?
  • OneHundredToLose
    Options
    I don't have any illusions that things can be "meant to be" or that success in love or life is guaranteed. Like in all things, something worth having is not easily gained. We've come close to separating before, but so far we've always come back together. Her family is my family and mine is hers; she was with me at the worst moment of my life and I was there to help during hers. I feel like as long as we keep those things in sight and continue to work as a team, we can face anything down.
  • IndianaGolfer
    Options
    Yes, I know several of my parents friends who are together just because of that. Me and wife have been married 22+ years, yes I am that old, lol. It isn't easy and we have separated a couple of times during. We never had time together without kids and that is going to shortly happen as our youngest is a Sr in HS. I'm not exactly sure how things will play out. But, things will most certainly be different without kids as a factor, for us.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    Ahhh the freedom of no kids ...woohoo...