Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I was soooooo bored but pie is here so is right with the world
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    Uhm, that's never boring

But I'm bored

I'm the boring one really
  • pie_eyes
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Oh , D told me to wait for the job to call and then call them tomorrow if they don't ?

Should I call them today anyway ?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Yes, Pie call them today. Let them know you are motivated and very interested.
  • handyrunner
    Options
    That's a smart move

Also if they should say they aren't hiring ask them what you could change for future interviews
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    That's a smart move

Also if they should say they aren't hiring ask them what you could change for future interviews

I was thinking about

Or being like "may I ask why?" I'm just going to put in more applications to them most likely if they don't. There's only so many places to work
  • handyrunner
    Options
    Well you have to look at each interview as a learning event

Your making a sales pitch and if nothing else it improves your communication skills
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Keep trying Pie! It's a tough job market out there
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »
    That's a smart move

I was thinking about

Or being like "may I ask why?" I'm just going to put in more applications to them most likely if they don't. There's only so many places to work

I would ask " would you mind giving me some feedback that I could possibly use for future interviews?" I'm always happy to oblige when people ask me this question. Best of luck @pie_eyes
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    Good advice here Pie from worker people.
  • handyrunner
    Options
    That's a smart move

I was thinking about

I would ask " would you mind giving me some feedback that I could possibly use for future interviews?" I'm always happy to oblige when people ask me this question. Best of luck @pie_eyes

Yea makes me look twice at prospective a if they are that dilligent
  • T0M_K
    Options
    That's a smart move

I was thinking about

Yes! Jen is a smart people ! I like it when peeps care even if they don't get the job. Do NOT take it personal. I've not hired really good people for one reason or the other ... And in a tough job climate the competition is stiff.
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    The nerves
  • T0M_K
    Options
    The nerves

You got this
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member