Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I'm so bad at making cute cake things

I tried with D's last birthday and it literally looked like a 5 year old could do better lol

But I can improve I think

My cupcakes I made were cute around Easter time though , but I had a lot of help and they were simple
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    lauranorr wrote: »

thats amazing...i've always wondered....do you eat that? isn't fondant like a frosting type thing?

Yeah, you can eat that! Fondant is just edible icing.

I wondered about that when watching those cake shows on food network. some of the cakes are so fancy...not sure it looks like it would taste good with all the fancy stuff lol

I wondered because of the same thing! Housemate used to have them on all the time, and I wondered if they actually ate the pieces that looked decorative.
  • Reecebullet
    Reecebullet Posts: 141 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

thats amazing...i've always wondered....do you eat that? isn't fondant like a frosting type thing?

Yeah, you can eat that! Fondant is just edible icing.

I wondered about that when watching those cake shows on food network. some of the cakes are so fancy...not sure it looks like it would taste good with all the fancy stuff lol

I wondered because of the same thing! Housemate used to have them on all the time, and I wondered if they actually ate the pieces that looked decorative.

I did to! I figured they must have sheet cakes in the back for serving.

That'd make sense come to think of it! Before I checked on it, I thought it was just part of the cake, and the customer knew/was warned what parts weren't edible. I mean, on Cake Boss, there were constantly cakes that were so large, they'd need scaffolding-type structures inside the cakes to make sure they didn't fall apart. Those parts must be edible. It'd be like a minefield trying to cut through the cake.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »

I tried with D's last birthday and it literally looked like a 5 year old could do better lol

My cupcakes I made were cute around Easter time though , but I had a lot of help and they were simple

I an give you good icing tips. I paint stripes of colour into the inside of a piping bag so it comes out with a swirl of colour. Looks super cool, is super easy and everyone thinks you spent ages mixing colours
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm drunk, autocorrect is my new best friend, 6 dbl shots of vodka and 5 Coors lights, no judging lol , am all is well for the most part.
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

I an give you good icing tips. I paint stripes of colour into the inside of a piping bag so it comes out with a swirl of colour. Looks super cool, is super easy and everyone thinks you spent ages mixing colours

I'd like to get some icing tips , I got those icing bags but they want you to twist the top

That'd probably more of a show and tell though

I still don't know how to wrap a wrap properly without everything

Its weird I have glimmers of perfect and Idk how I did it , and trying to do it again doesn't work
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    I like when magic happens
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    tfrasur wrote: »
    Ok so I'm drunk, autocorrect is my new best friend, 6 dbl shots of vodka and 5 Coors lights, no judging lol , am all is well for the most part.

Autocorrect is usually the death of what I'm trying to say

and if I'm drunk enough to fill my void I can't even deal with typing anything

I was doing that last night
  • IndianaGolfer
    Options
    Haha thankfully it's worked in my favor so far lol . My immediate thoughts go straight down and are what they are, at least spelling is lost correct lmao
  • synchkat
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »

I'd like to get some icing tips , I got those icing bags but they want you to twist the top

That'd probably more of a show and tell though

I still don't know how to wrap a wrap properly without everything

Its weird I have glimmers of perfect and Idk how I did it , and trying to do it again doesn't work

I find most stuff on YouTube. Let me know what you want to do and I can help you...I like decorating stuff
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    She's helpful that way
  • IndianaGolfer
    Options
    Lots of walking today , along a river and most with alcohol being consumed lol. Wife obviously can't read, what was a 1 mile walk each way for dinner was 3.5 miles one way lmao, oh we'll gotta burn calories some how ..
  • synchkat
    Options
    She's helpful that way

I hear dorks are.
    Juat so.t ask how to make a freaking hair bow clip thingie. Our hair might end up unadorned
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    Yeah I got nothing...just replaying the evening over and over in my head :)
  • pie_eyes
    Options
    I really hate being alone