Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Let's Have a Normal Conversation...

Options

Replies

• jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    synchkat wrote: »
    Flexibility is a weird thing cause you can work and work but you have to have a naturally bendy body. As I stretched after my workout today I came to the conclusion it's the joints I think you need kind of loose joints...I'm so deep today

I can definitely see this...I tend to have tight hip flexors but notice after my hot yoga class they loosen up nicely. I can still do some tumbling-cartwheels and a back flip, but I have to stretch really well first.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    you can improve yes but like anything you can only push natural ability so far

I'm naturally bendy so it's all easy. I was stretching way long ago at a gym and a trainer was like wow you're unlocking your hips to do that I was like um they just do that. when I do basic stretches like from videos I usually don't even feel them and I swear it's cause my joints just seem loose
  • jenjencin78
    jenjencin78 Posts: 4,415 Member
    Options
    Yeah I need to learn how to do that with my hips lol.
  • VikMcAnik
    VikMcAnik Posts: 17,222 Member
    Options
    Flexibility actually has nothing to do with your joints. It has to do with the ability to stretch the muscles that actuate those joints...It can be acquired through training by anyone...
  • synchkat
    Options
    ok Vik clearly you know best
  • williammuney
    williammuney Posts: 2,895 Member
    Options
    you can improve yes but like anything you can only push natural ability so far

I'm naturally bendy so it's all easy. I was stretching way long ago at a gym and a trainer was like wow you're unlocking your hips to do that I was like um they just do that. when I do basic stretches like from videos I usually don't even feel them and I swear it's cause my joints just seem loose

You just get better and better ...
  • VikMcAnik
    Options
    ok Vik clearly you know best

sorry not trying to be a smart *kitten*
  • synchkat
    Options
    No clearly someone who has training with this subject wouldn't know what she's talking about. So thanks
  • VikMcAnik
    Options
    No clearly someone who has training with this subject wouldn't know what she's talking about. So thanks

I know that Wikipedia isn't exactly authoritative but this gels with what I was told by my physiotherapist:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flexibility_(anatomy)
  • synchkat
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Thanks
    BTW saw lots of talk of joints in there
  • synchkat
    Options
    My kid is convinced he hasnt seen some friends because they played some game twice and met a certain Fate
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    bumpidy bump bump
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    So tired. Just cooked for two and half hours for a client. Need wine and a nap.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    awww. i'd cook for ya. chicken on the grill, baked tater n steamed broccoli. my go to healthy meal
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    On my way!! Although I just cooked every bit of that. Lmao
  • finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    Have a great day everyone
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Options
    Just peeking in