Get it out!!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• jackie_van_d
    jackie_van_d Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    With ya both the soda and the adult kids in the house
    1) going through the cafeene withdrawal right now... Today I only had half a Coca Cola, a week ago I had 3 a day, it's tough but the sugar I was consuming was insane!!!
    2) my adult kidlet knows to bring her goodies and drinks to her room, her next "big" purchase is a bar fridge for her room.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    hdatres wrote: »
    Just curious, are the adult boys trying to eat better/lose weight/etc too?

I dunno.....I'd prob want the boys to move on, start their lives. Cut the daddy-apron strings. Sounds like the new hubby li'l codependent with the boys. I guess if it were me, I'd not eat/drink their stuff but if its too much temptation for you, have them just put one soda at a time in the fridge for that day. Don't make it easy for them, say their own fridge, lol. If you make it easy on them, they may NEVER move out!

As for 2 adult boys living there, I would also require them to each take a night & prepare dinner + cleanup. I would also have them doing daily chores too. Like I said, make it so they have to contribute. (Not saying they aren't...just my own 2-cents here.) But this requirement would have to come from the DAD you don't wish to be the evil stepmom. :)

No the boys don't care about weight they are 6ft and over 300 lbs they can't bend over to tie there shoes. They have to sit to bring there feet up to tie them.it's sad.
    They share a large pizza every other day.
    I would be the evil step mom if I said anything. I've tried. This is my life, I've become the house maid sense I've become unemployed.no compassion at my house.
    But I can do better in my health with eating and exercise. I can set a good example.

Ahhhh I see. Ya it's tough having the tasty stuff around. At least they are contributing. At least on their pizza days you can be off the hook for the cooking :)
  • TuesdayMarch01st2016
    TuesdayMarch01st2016 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    jjansen39 wrote: »
    With ya both the soda and the adult kids in the house
    1) going through the cafeene withdrawal right now... Today I only had half a Coca Cola, a week ago I had 3 a day, it's tough but the sugar I was consuming was insane!!!
    2) my adult kidlet knows to bring her goodies and drinks to her room, her next "big" purchase is a bar fridge for her room.

How about just learning self control, your child isn't your parent. It isn't their responsibility to ensure that you, aren't tempted to consume something; whether it's theirs or not!
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    I was raised to not waste food also
  • TuesdayMarch01st2016
    TuesdayMarch01st2016 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    What would happen if these two 300 pound 6 footers in their 20s who can't bend over to tie their shoes ate their chips and drank their Dew in their own lair, paid for by a minimum wage job? Everyone has to start somewhere and minimum wage jobs are attainable. They could live in a rooming house or rent a second hand trailer together and with some of their friends. Then you and your husband could enjoy a civilized private life together and stay on your diets. Please tell me you didn't sign up for this particular domestic arrangement having known about it ahead of time.

She said, she did!
  • hdatres
    hdatres Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    What would happen if these two 300 pound 6 footers in their 20s who can't bend over to tie their shoes ate their chips and drank their Dew in their own lair, paid for by a minimum wage job? Everyone has to start somewhere and minimum wage jobs are attainable. They could live in a rooming house or rent a second hand trailer together and with some of their friends. Then you and your husband could enjoy a civilized private life together and stay on your diets. Please tell me you didn't sign up for this particular domestic arrangement having known about it ahead of time.

Not when we first dated and moved in together, but I seen they couldn't thrive without each other. And I come to realize that's the way it's always been with them ,and that's the way it's always going to be,nothings going to change it so I just excepted it
  • hdatres
    Options

Ahhhh I see. Ya it's tough having the tasty stuff around. At least they are contributing. At least on their pizza days you can be off the hook for the cooking :)
    [/quote]

Yea after doing everything I have to get done during the day it's nice not to have to cook supper at least three times a week
  • hdatres
    Options

The older son 24 has a job at a factory and brings home 1400 a month. He pays 400 on his car and gives his dad hundred dollars for rent. He blows the rest
    His younger son 20 sleeps all day and plays online games he says he's going to get a college in the spring. To become some technical computer thing.
  • hdatres
    Options
    pie_eyes wrote: »

When I grew up ,it was five people live in a one bedroom house, we never starved but we definitely appreciated what we had, I don't understand why people through out food when it could've been eaten,what a waste
    I also think about the hours it took to work to make the money to buy the food.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    Options
    hdatres wrote: »
    pie_eyes wrote: »

When I grew up ,it was five people live in a one bedroom house, we never starved but we definitely appreciated what we had, I don't understand why people through out food when it could've been eaten,what a waste
    I also think about the hours it took to work to make the money to buy the food.

Raised to appreciate what you got

Sometimes you had food sometimes you didn't know where you were getting your next meal

Lol sad upbringing I guess
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    We waste lots of food. My husband works crazy hours and doesn't like leftovers.
    But I think that's just an excuse for the OP really. The kids in the house sound perfectly fine eating all the junk they bring into the house. This is a self control issue, not a debate of the merits of wasting food etc. And both my parents were brought up to eat what is put in front of them and they told us that never would they make us do that because that's what made them fat and having type 2 diabetes.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I help with the grocery shopping. Yesterday the list had Cheetos Puffs, Cheetos Flaming Hot Crunchy, Tostitos, Lays Homemade Biscuit and Gravy flavored Potato Chips, Root Beer, among other things not in my feeding plan. I just eat my planned and balanced meal and manage to not succumb to the slight temptations of that crap.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    I help with the grocery shopping. Yesterday the list had Cheetos Puffs, Cheetos Flaming Hot Crunchy, Tostitos, Lays Homemade Biscuit and Gravy flavored Potato Chips, Root Beer, among other things not in my feeding plan. I just eat my planned and balanced meal and manage to not succumb to the slight temptations of that crap.

Biscuit and gravy potato chips?!?!?!??! they sound both delicious and disgusting at the same time
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    They're actually REALLY good...