Biggest gym pet peeves..

Options

Replies

• BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    my pet peeve is when peoples pet peeve is me makin noise....if youre not makin noise go home cuz youre not workin hard enough. Also, wear headphones. Problem solved.
  • nutrament
    nutrament Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Women with beautiful bodies that wear those skin tight yoga pants. I love it but it's distracting.... Yoga pants is the reason I banged my knee into the weight rack, exposing the white flesh. It didn't even bleed right away... I love it and hate it at the same time
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    nutrament wrote: »
    Women with beautiful bodies that wear those skin tight yoga pants. I love it but it's distracting.... Yoga pants is the reason I banged my knee into the weight rack, exposing the white flesh. It didn't even bleed right away... I love it and hate it at the same time

#firstworldproblems lol
  • joeneely71
    joeneely71 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Those who - and it's almost always men - are seemingly incapable of understanding the concept of the circuit workout at PF, cutting in to do curls and then sitting on the bench until they are motivated to do their next set of reps. Equally annoying, the fact that PF employees do diddly squat to educate/enforce.
  • Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    That person who takes the treadmill next to me when there are a million other ones open. I've been tempted to actually stop my workout and move two treadmills over to make the point.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Erik8484 wrote: »
    At crossfit all the things that we hate at a regular gym are on proud display. . growling, flexing, hollering, dumping barbells. . .But they don't have mirrors. . so all the posing and selfie taking are pretty much absent.

I'm confused: you're saying that growling, flexing, hollering, and dumping barbells don't happen in your crossfit gym or do happen there? If I'm not mistaken, crossfit boxes buy nothing but rubber weights for the purpose of dropping barbells loaded with weight, I've had several crossfit coaches hollering at me to do "one more rep." Please clarify.

He said that growling, flexing, hollering and dumping barbells are all on proud display at the crossfit gym, i.e. you will find those things at the crossfit gym.

Thank you <3
  • oedipuss
    oedipuss Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    nutrament wrote: »

So the ladies should start wearing baggy old grandpa pants? :D ...........

Mind you I could do an equal ewwww at those males who wear skin tight shorts or "men's exercise tights" with all their bits outlined and on display. :s Who the hell do you think you are? Rudolf Nureyev? LOL.
  • TylerWhiite
    TylerWhiite Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    When a group of 3-4 guys are using an entire area, and talk more than lift. Or guys who don't put their weights away after.
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The guy that just comes to the gym to meet girls....I go to a smaller gym so upon arrival I do a head nod to the ppl already there and more or less its a code: Im working out dont bother me after you speak to me. I'll be out working out and the creepy guy comes up and tries to talk me knowing I have headphones in then he bring up random s**t like remember for halloween you dressed as a sexy cop?....that was like 5yrs ago wtf!!!!!

Second the guy that comes to the gym but doesnt really workout...he just comes there and sits on the machine and trys to motivate everyone else..b***h I don't need you to motivate me I need YOU to do something otherwise why else are you here?! So you drive a Porche Cayenne who gives a f**k!!!!!!! UGHHHHHHHH
  • mrcs_jolly
    mrcs_jolly Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    People critiquing your workout routine/how you train and providing "advice" even though they look like *%#*
  • Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Abbie918 wrote: »
    That person who takes the treadmill next to me when there are a million other ones open. I've been tempted to actually stop my workout and move two treadmills over to make the point.

Whew, I'm not the only one! :)
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Erik8484 wrote: »
    At crossfit all the things that we hate at a regular gym are on proud display. . growling, flexing, hollering, dumping barbells. . .But they don't have mirrors. . so all the posing and selfie taking are pretty much absent.

I'm confused: you're saying that growling, flexing, hollering, and dumping barbells don't happen in your crossfit gym or do happen there? If I'm not mistaken, crossfit boxes buy nothing but rubber weights for the purpose of dropping barbells loaded with weight, I've had several crossfit coaches hollering at me to do "one more rep." Please clarify.

He said that growling, flexing, hollering and dumping barbells are all on proud display at the crossfit gym, i.e. you will find those things at the crossfit gym.

Yes.. the growling, flexing, hollering, and dumping are pervasive. But all in a very positive way. It's a very non-judgmental environment compared to regular gyms where everyone is watching everybody looking for something to criticize or laugh at.
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    Mine is when someone tries to talk to me. I know that people are normally just trying to be nice and start a conversation, but I'm a shy person so when I'm at the gym I just want to be alone

You go to a public gym and want to be left alone?
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Mine is when someone tries to talk to me. I know that people are normally just trying to be nice and start a conversation, but I'm a shy person so when I'm at the gym I just want to be alone

I am sure that if this person could afford the space and the equipment to build their own private gym they would, but a gym membership is much cheaper...
  • _incogNEATo_
    Options
    sylkates wrote: »

I am sure that if this person could afford the space and the equipment to build their own private gym they would, but a gym membership is much cheaper...

Didn't say it wasn't. Don't expect privacy in a public space though.
  • Mike02209
    Mike02209 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Usually the mooks who like to tie up the Squat Rack for 47 sets.
  • Char231023
    Char231023 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    No wonder people are intimidated to go to the gym.

Unless it directly effects you don't worry about what everybody else is doing. They are at least there to get a workout in for the most part. Do your thing at the gym don't worry about anybody elses workout but your own.

Seriously, y'all are like how dare these people enter my gym. Don't they know it my time to work out and they are distracting me or inconveniencing me. Get over it they pay the same price you pay to be there, so they can use the equipment and space just like you can.
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Char231023 wrote: »
    No wonder people are intimidated to go to the gym.

Unless it directly effects you don't worry about what everybody else is doing. They are at least there to get a workout in for the most part. Do your thing at the gym don't worry about anybody elses workout but your own.

Seriously, y'all are like how dare these people enter my gym. Don't they know it my time to work out and they are distracting me or inconveniencing me. Get over it they pay the same price you pay to be there, so they can use the equipment and space just like you can.

hey calm down.....i agree with you
  • JoshuaMcAllister
    JoshuaMcAllister Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Annoying guys who take over all the weights and walk around like they're He-Man...

I'm like Excuse me She-Ra

You're mad that people can lift more than you?

No---read again buddy...I'm talking about selfish She-Ras

So for example, how much weight is TOO much weight? And maybe there's a language barrier here, but I don't know what a she-ra is.

Well--Google it--I don't have to explain anything to you--go internet bully someone else.

Internet bully? Not quite, buddy. If you don't want to tell me what one is, that's fine. It was just a question though.

Also, you still never told me what TOO much weight was?

If there are people on your gym using "all the weights" then you should either:
    A.) Find a gym that has a better weight:lifter ratio.

Or

B.) Marvel at that strong person lifting all of those weights.

Quit being a tit.

You know fine well to much weight is when you cant perform a rep with good form and it fairly obvious when you've got 4 sets of DB and your're repping 6 every two minutes that you've probably over done it with the collection. Everyone has countless blokes who do this in their gym.

You're a terrible troll.

I'm also terrible at hula hoop. What is your point?

Those kinds of personal insults result in flags as well.

I'm terrible at the hula hoop to dude but I don't attempt it every other post.
    Pet peeves is a pretty personal thing and you've jumped on a fair few posts disputing it, you're either a bored troll or I reckon you're the guy most of these posters describe.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    The PT who trains out of our staff gym. I used to train with her until she and I had a little FB tiff over her fat-shaming. She's a total bag and her attitude stinks. Every time I see her in the gym, which is often, she gives me a nasty look. I actually find it pretty amusing since I've made huge strides since doing my own thing (lost 65 lbs). But just her very presence irritates me, knowing how she looks down on people. Grrrr.