Biggest gym pet peeves..

Options

Replies

• RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    When the entire gym is empty and they decide to take the machine right ****ing next to yours..... There are like 20 treadmills, you can't give me a little space here?
  • osche731
    osche731 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    People that just sit at machines not using them or that hog the assisted squat machines.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    When the entire gym is empty and they decide to take the machine right ****ing next to yours..... There are like 20 treadmills, you can't give me a little space here?

Omg, every time!!!
  • robman51
    robman51 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    People that "vape" at the gym...
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    mza3pmysnrb2.jpeg

Also the face I make when I see a woman doing glute kickbacks.

• allstarelmo23
    allstarelmo23 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Lmao @ these comments!!
  • TheProudDadLife
    TheProudDadLife Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I agree with a lot of these, but that's why I train super late or super early to minimize having to deal with a lot of these
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    The guy that has to growl @ the weights and is looking at himself in the mirror like a dolphin just discovering its reflection

~~~ thank god for earbuds nowadays thooo :dizzy:
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    Curling in the squat rack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sprints in the weight room!!!!!!
    Jumping rope in the weight room (blocking people from getting to the dumbells!!!!
    Playing on your phone/talking/hogging equipment for insane amountsof time!!!!!!!!

WAAAAIT!
    I jump rope in the weight room. Between sets.
    Sure beats the bench warmers taking selfies and MFPing between sets!

@ShaeDetermined I'm talking about the people jumping rope right in front of the weights so people can't get to them
  • Cameron_1969
    Cameron_1969 Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    At crossfit all the things that we hate at a regular gym are on proud display. . growling, flexing, hollering, dumping barbells. . .But they don't have mirrors. . so all the posing and selfie taking are pretty much absent.
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    cell phone sitters
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    -Excessive cell phone use
    -Taking the dumbbells to remote areas of the gym and leaving them there
    -When people tell me not to lift too heavy... What is "too heavy?"

Have to say early morning gym crowd is the best. No one talks to each other, everyone re-racks their weights and wipes down their equipment, people are there to workout.
  • NYRhockey00
    NYRhockey00 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    cell phone sitters

Bro im checking in @ da gym #doingthedamnthing #swoleup #blessed
  • usmc01462
    usmc01462 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Options
    my pet peeeve is guys that check out their own *kitten* in the mirror are you freaking kidding me.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    At crossfit all the things that we hate at a regular gym are on proud display. . growling, flexing, hollering, dumping barbells. . .But they don't have mirrors. . so all the posing and selfie taking are pretty much absent.

I'm confused: you're saying that growling, flexing, hollering, and dumping barbells don't happen in your crossfit gym or do happen there? If I'm not mistaken, crossfit boxes buy nothing but rubber weights for the purpose of dropping barbells loaded with weight, I've had several crossfit coaches hollering at me to do "one more rep." Please clarify.
  • Jess89000
    Jess89000 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    People who don't whip down machines
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options

I'm confused: you're saying that growling, flexing, hollering, and dumping barbells don't happen in your crossfit gym or do happen there? If I'm not mistaken, crossfit boxes buy nothing but rubber weights for the purpose of dropping barbells loaded with weight, I've had several crossfit coaches hollering at me to do "one more rep." Please clarify.

He said that growling, flexing, hollering and dumping barbells are all on proud display at the crossfit gym, i.e. you will find those things at the crossfit gym.
  • Pathmonkey
    Pathmonkey Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    There is a guy at my gym i call Stringbean, takes up three machines at once, puts his sweaty towels on the ones he isn't using at the moment to mark his territory....cannot wait tlll the day i get strong enough to throttle him with his freaking towels!!! Grrrrrrrr!! Then there is 'burpee-girl' flailing all over the weight room, barley missing the lifters....double grrrrrr!!
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Jess89000 wrote: »

@Jess89000
    I always whip down my machine, then of course I do the nae nae.
  • BroScience83
    BroScience83 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    headofphat wrote: »
    Jess89000 wrote: »

@Jess89000
    I always whip down my machine, then of course I do the nae nae.

lol...i was gonna say i dont whip my machine but i whip my hair back and forth