Any women doing 1 meal a day?

Options
13»

Replies

• DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I do one meal and a snack or two. I have a 15 calorie coffee for breakfast, one later in the day, about 100 calories of veggies, or egg whites to snack on. Then dinner. Don't get hungry except around dinner time. It alleviates the hassle of packing a lunch for work. It makes dinner easy because I don't have to finagle all sorts of portion sizes and food substitutions to make dinner work within my allotted calories. There's always room for an after dinner snack or dessert. I find it far less stressful than calculating 3 meals if very limited calorie content.
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm contemplating throwing the rule book out and eating "when I'm hungry"

So for me that's just eating twice - a cooked breakfast at 9am/10am and larger lunch at 3pm. Maybe a snack of veggies at like 6pm.

This is what I do naturally when I spend any amount of time at home ie Christmas etc. I feel better doing it and less up/down energy wise.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    jflongo wrote: »
    TR0berts wrote: »
    jflongo wrote: »
    Say good bye to your metabolism if you do this!

Um, no.

Um, yes. If you only eat once a day, you are going to into starvation action by your body. It will actually start storing more fat, since it doesn't know when it's getting food again!

ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha hahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

wait....

BAWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA hAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ha.

nice- that was worth my afternoon laugh. thank you.

+1 love you jo

Ditto.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I do this not necessarily intentionally, but because of my schedule. I get up, not a breakfast eater, so I drink a coffee drink which keeps me full until late afternoon. I go work out in the morning, get home with just enough time to get cleaned up and ready for work, work until about 7 and eat around 8. I'm not miserable. I do get really hungry some days, but it's not that bad. I'm thinking about having a protein shake to take to work, but I forget to grab one.