Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Back in my day........

Options

Replies

• Alimacbean
    Alimacbean Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Back in my day we played outside and came home when the street lights came on

Yes! So sad those days are gone.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Back in my day the playground equipment was all made of metal and you were going to burn your backside on a hot summer day.
  • Smilin40
    Smilin40 Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Super tight stone wash denim jeans mines were so tight I feel once with my hands in my pockets and had to face plant it as I couldn’t even get my hands back out to break the fall.*kitten* you eighties.
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Back in my day: we used slide rules instead of calculators. (beat that all you young whipper snappers!)
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,129 Member
    Options
    Back in my day, people had one phone ...at home...a party line
    Back in my day, self service at a gas station was unheard of.
    Back in my day, cars did not have seat belts...
    Back in my day, even the cops kept a bottle of driving whiskey handy
  • romeandrylan
    romeandrylan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Back in my day, we would put our feet in cow poo on a cold winters morning :p:p:p
  • JimmyC1992
    JimmyC1992 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    I about pissed my pants laughing at that one :D
  • JimmyC1992
    Options
    Back in my day we had one TV - a 19” black and white; I was the remote (Dad said, “Jimmy, change the channel”). We didn’t have cable and only got 3 channels
  • Smilin40
    Options
    We got searched going into city center there was massive lines of people waiting to just go shopping.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    Back in my day we actually would POKE someone in person. Tag was something we did for fun and social media was when you went outside and did something with your friends and had fun doing it.
  • Sloth2016
    Sloth2016 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Back in my day, π was only 2.9
    :p

• Smilin40
    Options
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Back in my day we actually would POKE someone in person. Tag was something we did for fun and social media was when you went outside and did something with your friends and had fun doing it.

Love that so true.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,129 Member
    Options
    Back in my day we had selfies....but my mom told me I'd go blind if I kept doing it....
  • PrincessVamp666
    PrincessVamp666 Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Back in my day - I could play out and walk for miles and miles as a kid, with absolutely no worries.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Back in my day if we wanted to talk on the phone we were tethered to the wall by a cord.
    Back in my day we pretty much destroyed the ozone layer with our aerosol cans of Aqua Net
    Back in my day the high school had a student smoking area (which baffled me, since you still had to be 18 to buy a pack of cigarettes...only a handful of seniors could legally do so)
  • JimmyC1992
    Options
    Back in my day 18 year olds could buy beer ... the law changed 9 months before I turned 18
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Back in my day a stereo rack system w/ a dual cassette auto reverse component was the *kitten* bomb.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Back in my day, It was awesome to play Pong.
    Back in my day, there was still hope that Paul and John, Ringo and George could reunite.
    Back in my day, we would eat out at the most once a month.
    Back in my day, we had LPs, 45s, and didn’t yet have 8 tracks.
  • Irishsquid62
    Irishsquid62 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Back in my day, we didn't get a medal for running a 5K. We got a cotton t-shirt and we were darn glad to get it.
  • hud54014
    hud54014 Posts: 3,777 Member
    Options
    Alimacbean wrote: »
    I had jelly shoes!

And the blisters to prove it!