Would you take a vacation without your S.O.?

Options

Replies

• ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    yes. every 3rd week of May I go to Tulsa, OK for Hanson weekend (yes,the mmmbop Hanson) it's usually 4 days. with plane ticket, hotel and shopping/food my budget is around $1,500.

last Saturday I drove 8 hrs to Orlando to see Hanson again lol in seaworld. I spent about $350ish to $400 over all for 2 days.

I never bring my husband to my vacations that involve bands that he doesn't listen to. I don't want to worry about him enjoying the show or not lolqavz4teskcjf.jpg
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    We usually go together, but occasionally will go on a girl trip without him, and encourage him to do the same. Don't see either of us being happy for more than a week though, lol.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Where do I sign up? lol (without the kids too please)
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    I'd need to have an S.O. first to take a vacation without them....
  • littlebrittlifts
    littlebrittlifts Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'd need to have an S.O. first to take a vacation without them....

LOL. same.
  • adele012
    adele012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes, I’ve been on a couple of girls trips. I really enjoyed myself and had fun but I missed him. When your SO is fun and you like the same things, it’s always great to go together.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    And not have vacation sex? Umm no thanks
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    We've spent short periods of time apart doing our own things but not what I'd call a vacation. We love each other's company but we ain't clingy.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever. Neither has she.

Same here :'(
  • 123tacos
    123tacos Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    When I had a SO...yup we would do seperate trips...we were both aware of our financial situation and stayed respectful...
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Wife went on a girls trip. Turned out she went to the same place we vacationed together. But to meet a guy, not her girlfriends. She’s my ex wife now. Bad memories. But to answer the question sure I’d do a guys long weekend trip. And I’d hope that I wouldn’t go mad wondering about my SO if she went away as well. My imaginary SO of course....
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Have you ever taken a vacation without your significant other, or have you been left at home while they go away? If so, what sort of parameters do you set as far as budget and duration?

Vacation together certainly. I've done two business trips without her, and she's done a trip to follow up family issues without me. And those were the only three times we were apart in 30 years.

Budget - not applicable.

Duration - just a few days each time.
  • 123tacos
    123tacos Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    Yeah. Wife went on a girls trip. Turned out she went to the same place we vacationed together. But to meet a guy, not her girlfriends. She’s my ex wife now. Bad memories. But to answer the question sure I’d do a guys long weekend trip. And I’d hope that I wouldn’t go mad wondering about my SO if she went away as well. My imaginary SO of course....

Yup...same..but reverse it...i was sent on a girls trip ..so he could do his thang...equally divorced..surprise surprise
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    For the past 5 years I have gone on vacation to Bonaire to go scuba diving of course. Me and my dive buddy have gone for 2 weeks and my NON diving wife i dont think would like being there that long. not much else to do there but diving.

Two weeks including air fair,hotel,rental truck, all you can breath nitrox and the marine park fee $3500. Most do a 1 week trip for half the price, but that only gives you 5 full days of diving VS 11 days when you go for 2 weeks.
  • Deisler26
    Deisler26 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had one where she went to Vegas for the weekend and I went to Holland to watch football/soccer

A few days are fine IMO, you can’t be joined at the hip
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have done short trips away to visit family and friends as we no longer live in the country we are originally from. My hubby isnt a beach/pool person and needs to sit in the shade, and would much rather my daughter and I enjoy two weeks somewhere hot and beachy while he stays at home and potters about. My mother in law is the only one who seems to think this is odd! That said when my daughter and I fly off to the Canarys in the summer she won't enter in to my thoughts at all