Eating and only lifting, whats the outcome?

Options
What would be the results of a person 50 pounds over weight.
Who only lifts and counts and cuts calories with no cardio?
( no I'm not saying I'm doing this) just wondering if you can get results, or
If anyone has by doing this.). ???? -thanks

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    No cardio, only lifting, and a reasonable diet turned this:
    13a28574375f1fb526634987eff2ad73_zps9f235687.jpg
    Into this:
    4e70e88ad4f8334ba8235eb98f8f03c8_zps394df6bb.jpg
    Granted, this picture is getting a little old and I'm more muscular now, but this at least shows some of my progress.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i do cardio like once a week and lift four times a week and eat in deficit ...

I am down to 13% body fat...

so you will lose body fat and see strength gains..

what kind of lifting routine are you doing?
  • Cobwellac
    Cobwellac Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Into this:
    Granted, this picture is getting a little old and I'm more muscular now, but this at least shows some of my progress.

You look great in both pics, but you weren't overweight. The OP is looking to lose weight by keeping her diet the same and lifting. I'm not sure that's feasible.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Into this:

You look great in both pics, but you weren't overweight. The OP is looking to lose weight by keeping her diet the same and lifting. I'm not sure that's feasible.

you might want to re-read the original post it specially says - paraphrasing - what happens when one cuts calories and only lifts with no cardio ....
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Into this:

The OP is not trying to lose weight by JUST lifting. She said herself that she is looking for success stories of ppl who have lost weight by cutting calories and lifting only, with no cardio.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options

Thanks, but I was pretty chunky in the first pic :laugh: The only reason I didn't look absolutey disgusting was because a lot of it was in my boobs, butt, and a little in the hips. I felt pretty sloppy though.
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • SouthernGuns
    Options
    Because I'm a stay at home mom and I'm limited. Can't make it to gym at this time. But I use dumbells at home. And bands and my own body weight and jump rope.
    I have a full body work out I do to work all my muscels ,glutes, triceps, traps, biceps, obliques, ect. All the majors. I have a workout for each muscel/muscel group. I do 3sets with 20 reps a piece. And each week I bump reps up by 5 more. And as I get Stronger ill up my dumbell weight and get more resistant bands. I plaink as well to help the abs. And some yoga. I have 10 exersizes I do. Includes stretching and gettig after my ham string.
  • SouthernGuns
    Options
    i do cardio like once a week and lift four times a week and eat in deficit ...

I am down to 13% body fat...

so you will lose body fat and see strength gains..

what kind of lifting routine are you doing?

Because I'm a stay at home mom and I'm limited. Can't make it to gym at this time. But I use dumbells at home. And bands and my own body weight and jump rope.
    I have a full body work out I do to work all my muscels ,glutes, triceps, traps, biceps, obliques, ect. All the majors. I have a workout for each muscel/muscel group. I do 3sets with 20 reps a piece. And each week I bump reps up by 5 more. And as I get Stronger ill up my dumbell weight and get more resistant bands. I plaink as well to help the abs. And some yoga. I have 10 exersizes I do. Includes stretching and gettig after my ham string.
  • CometMeebru
    CometMeebru Posts: 122
    Options
    focus on squats, deadlifts, ohp, rows, bench....
    not isolation exercises for bi's, tri's, traps...
  • SouthernGuns
    Options
    Into this:

You look fantastic!!! I appreciate your comment!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OP:

I lost all of my weight (37lb) with diet and lifting and basically no cardio (unless you count the lazy arsed 12 minutes on the elliptical after lifting as cardio!).

Pics are here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/903628-one-year-of-barbells-and-ice-cream-my-story-so-far-pics?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I will always remember today as the first time I used the report function....

Anywho. OP I plan to lift and do little if any cardio starting in August, so I just wanna wish you luck. There is a wealth of great information on heavy lifting around here and a lot of people who know their stuff and are willing to provide answers if you've got questions. :drinker:
  • SouthernGuns
    Options
    OP:

I lost all of my weight (37lb) with diet and lifting and basically no cardio (unless you count the lazy arsed 12 minutes on the elliptical after lifting as cardio!).

Pics are here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/903628-one-year-of-barbells-and-ice-cream-my-story-so-far-pics?

Inspiring!! Thank you!!
  • SouthernGuns
    Options
    I will always remember today as the first time I used the report function....

Anywho. OP I plan to lift and do little if any cardio starting in August, so I just wanna wish you luck. There is a wealth of great information on heavy lifting around here and a lot of people who know their stuff and are willing to provide answers if you've got questions. :drinker:

My first time using that function too!! An thank you I wish you the best!!
    I used to lift all the time in highschool I was in excellent condition. I was an athlete 138lbs and as a chick I could bench 30 lbs over my own body weight. I was stout. Ill be glad to get back to that. Just don't want to be running line drills and suicides again to get there haha!!!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options

If you eat at a deficit, you'll lose weight even if you don't do any exercise.
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options

I started out 100lbs overweight.

I eat at a deficit and lift heavy. I've lost 55lbs so far.
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    I am happy with the results that cutting and lifting have given me so far. Heres my info if you are interested =)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/929824-its-been-over-a-year-since-my-hot-affair-began
  • SouthernGuns
    Options

I started out 100lbs overweight.

I eat at a deficit and lift heavy. I've lost 55lbs so far.
    Amazing! Thank you for your post! Congrats!
  • SouthernGuns
    Options
    I am happy with the results that cutting and lifting have given me so far. Heres my info if you are interested =)
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/929824-its-been-over-a-year-since-my-hot-affair-began

You look outstanding!! You have given me inspiration most definatley !!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!