Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Tell us one thing we don't know about you...

Options

Replies

• candiinprogress
    candiinprogress Posts: 7,883 Member
    Options
    I had a miscarriage and lost my baby in June. Trying to get back physically from putting pounds on from emotional eating. My angel baby would have been due in February and the closer it gets the more I worry about how I am going to handle it when I get to the due date. Not many people can say they had the privilege to carry something that was to perfect to be born on earth. If I had to do it all over again I would.

I can't even imagine what that feels like. All of the hugs for you :heart:
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    Options
    I was a Buddhist monk..twice...
  • candiinprogress
    candiinprogress Posts: 7,883 Member
    Options
    gcibsthom wrote: »
    I was a Buddhist monk..twice...

Really????
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    As a toddler, I got into mum's handbag and ate her "smarties". I still vaguely recall being at the hospital after having my system flushed out.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I don't like to be center of attention.. It makes me uncomfortable.
  • VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    at night i patrol the streets in a red spider stretchy clothes -
  • Former_chubby_momma
    Former_chubby_momma Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I had a miscarriage and lost my baby in June. Trying to get back physically from putting pounds on from emotional eating. My angel baby would have been due in February and the closer it gets the more I worry about how I am going to handle it when I get to the due date. Not many people can say they had the privilege to carry something that was to perfect to be born on earth. If I had to do it all over again I would.

I'm really sorry for your loss. The same happened to me with my first pregnancy. That was nearly six years ago and I still feel sad sometimes, thinking about him. It does get better though, with time. I hope that you are remembering to take care of yourself and turn to loved ones when you need to.
  • IndianaGolfer
    IndianaGolfer Posts: 16,220 Member
    Options
    I really want grand kids soon but I don't want my kids having them yet. I so miss having little ones around. I'll baby sit if someone wants a nite out, just drop them off at my house !!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I really want grand kids soon but I don't want my kids having them yet. I so miss having little ones around. I'll baby sit if someone wants a nite out, just drop them off at my house !!

Haha T, that is cute! I will send you my mouthy 7 year old.. she still likes to cuddle sometimes!
  • IndianaGolfer
    Options

Haha T, that is cute! I will send you my mouthy 7 year old.. she still likes to cuddle sometimes!

Perfect, we all know I'm just an immature adult with a child's mind
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options

Grandkids?! Aren't you way too young for those?
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    She loves blanket forts, coloring, dancing, board games, xbox.. hell you could probably even teach her to golf!
  • IndianaGolfer
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »

My kids are 22, senior in college an he has a gf for 4 years, I'm sure marriage will happen after she graduates the following year. 20 In Navy, not likely for a while from him. 19 freshman in college, he has a gf he thinks we don't know about, also he needs to wait till after college, unlike what I did lol.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »

My kids are 22, senior in college an he has a gf for 4 years, I'm sure marriage will happen after she graduates the following year. 20 In Navy, not likely for a while from him. 19 freshman in college, he has a gf he thinks we don't know about, also he needs to wait till after college, unlike what I did lol.

My oldest son is 23 and I still say I'm too young to have grand kids. He better bag thatshitup. LOL.

#indenial :#
  • VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    i thought you were around 23 @J_Surita3 ~
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I am a hopeless romantic whom wears his heart on his sleeve.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I am going to be ancient by the time I have grandkids...at least if my kids wait as long as my husband and I did. My oldest is only 12 and my youngest is seven. At 47 I could be his grandmother.
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    Options

I can't even imagine what that feels like. All of the hugs for you :heart:

Thank you for your kind words.
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    Options

I'm really sorry for your loss. The same happened to me with my first pregnancy. That was nearly six years ago and I still feel sad sometimes, thinking about him. It does get better though, with time. I hope that you are remembering to take care of yourself and turn to loved ones when you need to.

I am sorry that you had to go through it as well. I am doing so much better than what I was. I have been blessed to have amazing support. My husband and family have been my rock. I got a letter today from the hospital saying where they buried my baby. They have a special cemetery where they bury all the sweet angel babies that didnt make it full term and put a plaque with it. It made me cry happy tears(I looked for it before and couldn't find it) I feel like once I see it I will have complete closure. When my husband gets back from working out of town we are going to go visit it. Thank you for taking time to tell me your story and offer encouraging words!
  • slinkybinkydog
    slinkybinkydog Posts: 38,959 Member
    Options
    I want to go to art school