Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Tell us one thing we don't know about you...

Options

Replies

• Former_chubby_momma
    Former_chubby_momma Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I had a miscarriage and lost my baby in June. Trying to get back physically from putting pounds on from emotional eating. My angel baby would have been due in February and the closer it gets the more I worry about how I am going to handle it when I get to the due date. Not many people can say they had the privilege to carry something that was to perfect to be born on earth. If I had to do it all over again I would.

I'm really sorry for your loss. The same happened to me with my first pregnancy. That was nearly six years ago and I still feel sad sometimes, thinking about him. It does get better though, with time. I hope that you are remembering to take care of yourself and turn to loved ones when you need to.

I am sorry that you had to go through it as well. I am doing so much better than what I was. I have been blessed to have amazing support. My husband and family have been my rock. I got a letter today from the hospital saying where they buried my baby. They have a special cemetery where they bury all the sweet angel babies that didnt make it full term and put a plaque with it. It made me cry happy tears(I looked for it before and couldn't find it) I feel like once I see it I will have complete closure. When my husband gets back from working out of town we are going to go visit it. Thank you for taking time to tell me your story and offer encouraging words!

That's wonderful that there is a special plot just for your angel. I imagine that really does help so much and I am so glad you will have that place to visit and feel closure. I got pressured into a D&C and although my baby had already passed of course, I still felt so much guilt for letting them cut his body up and throw it away. Anyway I imagine your due date will be tough. I remember when mine came and went, that day was especially hard. A woman I worked with at the time actually rerurned from maternity leave and was showing photos. I broke down crying and they had to send me home. It's hard, just the whole experience of losing a child and then figuring out life going forward. And it's different for everyone because all those dreams of who your little one is going to be are different for each mother and father. But I really believe that our little ones are up in Heaven smiling at us because they know just how loved they are. Sometimes I would imagine my mom was up there rocking my son to sleep and that would help me get through hard days. Just have to find something positive to focus on, I guess. And always, always know that your little one may not have been here long, but he or she was important and loved and made an impact on you and on lots of people :)

Okay, sorry for the wall of text. I hope that your days go well and you are able to find joy in thoughts of your sweet angel.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    Some people don't know that I have four Grandchildren.
  • BreezyPeezy5
    BreezyPeezy5 Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Annoying people annoy me
  • slinkybinkydog
    slinkybinkydog Posts: 38,959 Member
    Options
    I act tough but am sensitive
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I had a miscarriage and lost my baby in June. Trying to get back physically from putting pounds on from emotional eating. My angel baby would have been due in February and the closer it gets the more I worry about how I am going to handle it when I get to the due date. Not many people can say they had the privilege to carry something that was to perfect to be born on earth. If I had to do it all over again I would.

I just wanted to let you know I am sorry for your loss. Miscarriage is a personal tragedy that so few people talk about. I had a miscarriage before my first son was born (after two years of trying to conceive) and it was devastating. Fortunately by the time the due date came along, I was pregnant again. I still think of what might have been, but I know that if it weren't for that loss my first son wouldn't be who he is. I had a second miscarriage before my third child...and while I told many people about the first one, hardly anybody knows about the second. After all, by then I already had two healthy kids, and the pregnancy was something of an oops. It was such an early miscarriage I might not even have realized I was pregnant if I hadn't had to take a test before having some dental work done. But losing that baby made me realize that our family was not quite complete, and was the force that drove us to try for and conceive our third son.
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    Options

I'm really sorry for your loss. The same happened to me with my first pregnancy. That was nearly six years ago and I still feel sad sometimes, thinking about him. It does get better though, with time. I hope that you are remembering to take care of yourself and turn to loved ones when you need to.

I am sorry that you had to go through it as well. I am doing so much better than what I was. I have been blessed to have amazing support. My husband and family have been my rock. I got a letter today from the hospital saying where they buried my baby. They have a special cemetery where they bury all the sweet angel babies that didnt make it full term and put a plaque with it. It made me cry happy tears(I looked for it before and couldn't find it) I feel like once I see it I will have complete closure. When my husband gets back from working out of town we are going to go visit it. Thank you for taking time to tell me your story and offer encouraging words!

That's wonderful that there is a special plot just for your angel. I imagine that really does help so much and I am so glad you will have that place to visit and feel closure. I got pressured into a D&C and although my baby had already passed of course, I still felt so much guilt for letting them cut his body up and throw it away. Anyway I imagine your due date will be tough. I remember when mine came and went, that day was especially hard. A woman I worked with at the time actually rerurned from maternity leave and was showing photos. I broke down crying and they had to send me home. It's hard, just the whole experience of losing a child and then figuring out life going forward. And it's different for everyone because all those dreams of who your little one is going to be are different for each mother and father. But I really believe that our little ones are up in Heaven smiling at us because they know just how loved they are. Sometimes I would imagine my mom was up there rocking my son to sleep and that would help me get through hard days. Just have to find something positive to focus on, I guess. And always, always know that your little one may not have been here long, but he or she was important and loved and made an impact on you and on lots of people :)

Okay, sorry for the wall of text. I hope that your days go well and you are able to find joy in thoughts of your sweet angel.

No worries about the long text. It is nice to meet another mother who has gone through what I have and understands. I am sorry you got pressure into a D&C. I had a tough time. Mine wouldn't pass so I had to take medicine and it still wouldn't pass so I had to have D&C and then after that within a week of the last D&C I had to have another one. I got severely infected from the baby being left in there too long. I couldn't walk. It was such a tramatizing experience. My body was so tramatized from 2 surgeries back to back it took about 2 months for me to fully recover and return back to normal. I am just so thankful my husband was home when all of it happened instead of being away on a hitch. He was my rock. I am sorry for that difficult day you went through on your due date. I saw a quote that I love and hold dear it says: You know how parents look into a window at the hospital nursery and share with others their excitement? What if our angels are gathering around looking down at us, showing us off for being so strong and saying "My Mom is awesome, which one is yours?" Thanks for taking the time to talk with me! It means a lot to mean another Mommy to an angel. Hope you continue to find peace and joy in your journey as well! {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
  • crystalsan726
    crystalsan726 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    ilfaith wrote: »

I just wanted to let you know I am sorry for your loss. Miscarriage is a personal tragedy that so few people talk about. I had a miscarriage before my first son was born (after two years of trying to conceive) and it was devastating. Fortunately by the time the due date came along, I was pregnant again. I still think of what might have been, but I know that if it weren't for that loss my first son wouldn't be who he is. I had a second miscarriage before my third child...and while I told many people about the first one, hardly anybody knows about the second. After all, by then I already had two healthy kids, and the pregnancy was something of an oops. It was such an early miscarriage I might not even have realized I was pregnant if I hadn't had to take a test before having some dental work done. But losing that baby made me realize that our family was not quite complete, and was the force that drove us to try for and conceive our third son.

You are completely right. It is something that isnt talked about much. I believe in talking about it because I don't want people to be sad for me it is my way of remembering my child and letting people know my angel existed. Sorry for the losses of your two angels. Your story is such an inspiration to me. You see I have 2 beautiful girls of my own who are 11 and 13. My little angel was a dream come true and was going to be our last child. I had dreamed of having another one before I turned 35. I found out that I was pregnant way before my birthday and by the time my birthday rolled around my angel had already passed away and I was still recovering from surgeries. We would like to try again and I am hoping maybe it will happen before I reach 38. We will see. But reading your story that you shared with me gives me so much hope. Even if we have another I will always remember my angel baby. Thank you for sharing your story with me it means a lot.
  • VanishingNachos
    VanishingNachos Posts: 5,688 Member
    Options
    anything that i post at this point will seem selfish and shallow.....but, i really really like cheez-its~

bzrzkvdn0msu.jpg
  • Former_chubby_momma
    Options
    I have trichotillomania.
    It used to be really bad but it's only in one spot now so I'm able to easily hide it by styling my hair a certain way. Still, it makes me feel like I can't be beautiful, because beautiful girls don't have ugly bald spots.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I suffer from PTSD
  • TypingToaster
    TypingToaster Posts: 4,110 Member
    Options
    I have trichotillomania.
    It used to be really bad but it's only in one spot now so I'm able to easily hide it by styling my hair a certain way. Still, it makes me feel like I can't be beautiful, because beautiful girls don't have ugly bald spots.

I pluck the hair off my fingers, hands, legs and arms.
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,138 Member
    Options
    I suffer from PTSD

Me too...hugs to you Linda dear
  • _Minx
    _Minx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have an eating disorder and suffer from depression.
  • candiinprogress
    candiinprogress Posts: 7,883 Member
    Options
    _Minx wrote: »

Hugs to you xx
  • Former_chubby_momma
    Options
    I have trichotillomania.

I pluck the hair off my fingers, hands, legs and arms.

I pull from my scalp. At one point as a child, I was completely bald on the crown of my head with sores everywhere. It was so bad. Now it's just a small area about an inch in diameter on the left side near the back. I part my hair to cover it.
  • Former_chubby_momma
    Options
    _Minx wrote: »

Aww I feel you hun :(
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm a brain tumor survivor.
  • Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Retired Army First Sergeant, four combat deployments, former Drill Sergeant
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Options
    I know a combination of boxing, jui jitsu, karate, and knife throwing...and I can bake cupcakes....