Ladies losing 100+lbs?

Options

Replies

• 4u2c2014
    4u2c2014 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    pinkpsyche wrote: »
    I am having trouble seeing life's "silver lining" these days. I have an old knee injury from a car accident when i was in high school 25+ years ago (did i really just age myself?!) and it is seriously giving me the blues. Its swollen big like a cantaloupe, very painful, had to buy a knee brace to walk at all, and still doing so with a pronounced limp. I was walking 10K+ steps per day when i got my fitbit, but i think it was too much too soon and now I am paying for it. i am still using my Tower 200 (a weighted pulley system for strength training) but i really think the walking was making such a huge difference. It just makes me sad. Everyone around me keeps telling me to rest. But honestly, its sitting on my rear end that got me to where i have to lose 100+ lbs. I don't want to lose the momentum I had. Any advice? I really rely on all of you, my pals, to give me that kick in the butt when i need it,

Through FitnessPal, I have learned how my food choices - particularly sodium contribute to my pain. I have learned to make healthier choices and started to look for ways to get exercise while seated on my rear end. You will be surprised! Look for "chair" exercise on YouTube - there is chair aerobics, dancing, stretching, strength training, toning, resistance bands, Pilates, yoga, etc. I love chair dancing best and have purchased several of Jodi Stolove's chair dancing DVDs. So sit down & rest that swollen knee. You can still loose weight while sitting on your rear if you want.
    4u2c2014
  • 4u2c2014
    4u2c2014 Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sorry my post above was not meant to be included in with pinkpsyche quoted section & I'm not sure how to fix it.
  • crystalgarrard458
    crystalgarrard458 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also 23. I'm 5'6 and have almost 100 pounds to lose . Feel free to add me!
  • nequalone
    nequalone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 35, female, need to lose a total of 240lbs, down 25, low-carb and Overeaters Anonymous, looking for friends and accountability partners. Add me if you are looking for the same!
  • victoriadenise08
    victoriadenise08 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    About 60-70 for me
  • Smithworkout2016
    Smithworkout2016 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Smithworkout2016
    Options
    kayfaei wrote: »
    Hello, I would love to become mfp pals as well. I'm 30, 5'11. I've almost reached the 100lbs lost goal but still I have a lot more to go. So anyone please feel free to add me :)

Add me
  • Smithworkout2016
    Options
    M1VHA wrote: »
    So I have not looked on the community board for a number of days! I can not believe how many of us are on this journey. I have scrolled through the time line and sent numerous friend request. I really do believe that we can / do and will continue to support each other as we each move towards our goals. I am so grateful for the support that I have received and the fact that you help me take accountability is wonderful.

I will not leave it so long before I check back in. I will keep sending the friend request but if you are new to the page then just add me - user M1VHA.

Thanks once again!!!

Please add me
  • Smithworkout2016
    Options
    Please add me my situation is the same. I was down to 174 feeling looking good then the baby came. My husband is very supportive I just needs some friends on this journey..
    Add me please
  • Smithworkout2016
    Options
    Hi! I am new to MFP and looking for the motivation/support. I also have about 100+ pounds to loose. I officially hit my highest weight of 268. I am a mom of 3, 31 yrs. old, and with each pregnancy I gained more and more weight and only ever would loose 20lbs at most at a time but then would always gain it back and then some more. Now putting me at my heaviest as of today. I know this journey would be a lot more comforting if I wasn't doing it alone so here I am, feel free to add me...Thanks :)

Please add me my situation is the same. I was down to 174 feeling looking good then the baby came. My husband is very supportive I just needs some friends on this journey..
    Add me please
  • Smithworkout2016
    Options
    jlhicks72 wrote: »
    I am 43 years old, and brand new to MFP. I have recently begun a long overdue journey to improve my health and need to lose over 100+ lbs, quit smoking and have more energy. This week has been rough, the doctor specializing in obesity has told me that gastric bypass is really my only option for long-term weight loss (which was devastating to hear) and I failed my stress-test and now will be referred to a cardiologist. On a positive note, I have also reconnected with an old friend who turns out to be my future life-partner it would appear. He is super supportive of my journey and will love me no matter what size, but I really want to develop much better habits and be healthy and happy so I can model those habits in my future role as step-mom to his 3 kids. I don't ever want them to end up like me at my age...and I have time to get my ducks in a row, since he had filed for divorce just before we reconnected, and that's going to take awhile to be complete. I would really enjoy friends to chat with through this journey. Positive support is definitely appreciated and helps.

Add me please
  • Smithworkout2016
    Options
    Add me
  • Smithworkout2016
    Options
    Add me
  • linkedlove
    linkedlove Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and have at least 120lbs to lose just for a start. I'm 346lbs now, and started at 357. My goal for now is 220lbs. Add me if you like.
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 37 and have a total of around 90-100, Have lost 53 so 47ish left to drop! Add me if you want! open diary and I log everyday!
  • winter_islosingit94
    winter_islosingit94 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is winter. I'm 22, 5'4
    . And I have about 130 pounds to lose! I'd love to be friends!
  • beautifulwarrior18
    beautifulwarrior18 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of weight to lose. At least 100 lbs probably more, but I take it 10 to 25 pounds at a time. No use fretting over 100 lbs to lose when you can't lose the first 25.
  • fairylady1962
    fairylady1962 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi I have also got over 100 lbs to lose. started needing to lose 60kg or 132 lbs. I am down by 20kg (43) so still a long way to go. Always happy to have more friends who understand this is a long road with a few ups and downs.
  • fitfatcats
    fitfatcats Posts: 14 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Hi All!

My name is Brittany, I'm 25, 5'7" and a native of Rhode Island. Looking to lose 175 pounds, but I don't like to see it that way... simply small goals :smile:

I would love to have some like-minded friends who are all about motivation! I use MFP like Facebook since I can't get access to FB at work :p Feel free to add!
  • Marillian
    Marillian Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    There is a fantastic group on MFP called "100 + pounds with NO surgery". It's a very supportive and understanding group.