Ladies losing 100+lbs?

Options

Replies

• tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Im in! girl I have a whole person to lose starting at 290 down 6 so far. 2nd chance at this
  • M1VHA
    M1VHA Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So I have not looked on the community board for a number of days! I can not believe how many of us are on this journey. I have scrolled through the time line and sent numerous friend request. I really do believe that we can / do and will continue to support each other as we each move towards our goals. I am so grateful for the support that I have received and the fact that you help me take accountability is wonderful.

I will not leave it so long before I check back in. I will keep sending the friend request but if you are new to the page then just add me - user M1VHA.

Thanks once again!!!
  • gebi611
    gebi611 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hey all! I'm 23 5'6 with about 82lbs to go. I've already lost 20 and looking forward to losing some more. Feel free to add me!
  • vvJessicavv
    vvJessicavv Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 22 and weight 296 lbs. I'm looking to lose major weight. All friends welcome especially ones who can push me to keep trying!
  • saggyandbaggy
    saggyandbaggy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You can ALL do it!! I have lost half of my body weight in about 18 months - down to 160 from a start of 320 - and, believe me, if I can do it at my age then so can you youngsters! I still have my demons (cheese, bread, chocolate) but I have learned that if a few pounds go on then they will come off again when I get back on track. I still log everything that goes in my mouth and for me, that has been the most useful thing. I rewarded myself along the way by buying some new clothes from e bay each time I lost 10lbs (and sold the bigger clothes). Good luck to you all. Just remember, if you don't want to be the same next year, then you need to make a change now....
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya, girl. Friend request on the way!
  • stewratz
    stewratz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am a little late to this party, but I am 22, 5'3" and looking to lose 100+ lbs! I have been using MFP for a few weeks and have been going it alone. I would love to make some friends with similar goals, and have a support group :) I am going to send some friend requests, I hope that is okay with everyone!
  • marilynlweaver
    marilynlweaver Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know 100+ pounds can seem daunting but it is doable. Take my word for it. I started out over 450 but I didn'r have a scale that went that high. I am currently at 277 and I know how hard it is to stay on track. I have had many slips along the way and I know I will have many more. I am not perfect but all I can do is the best I can do and start every day with a renewed positive attitude. My next goal is to get under 250. My biggest problem is wanting to lose to much to fast and getting discouraged at the slow progress, But I know If I keep positive keep plugging away some day I will get to my goal weight and it does not matter how long it takes. Best wishes to you on your journey to beter health and happiness.
  • ahumanpug
    ahumanpug Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 23, 5'7, and I have a LOT of weight to lose. I've lost juuuust over 10lbs so far, but I'd love to have some lady friends with similar goals so we can work together :)

(Men are also welcome! I just wanted to to specify my own goals so that I can work with women in the same boat as me)

Adding you now!
  • PennyBrew
    PennyBrew Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. I'm 5'4," turning 29 next weekend and I have about 120lbs to lose. I've lost significant weight in the past but I gained it all back and more. This time I'm planning on making it a permanent life change but I could use a few friends to help keep me motivated, especially when I have an off day.
  • JReed2205
    JReed2205 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Count me in... I am 30, 5'4" and have easily 100+ to lose.... I am just starting on this journey so I am looking for advice, tips, encouragement etc..... I have some health issues that I am trying to get under control and since I am non active normally I need to figure out the best thing to start with as far as exercising goes!
  • shell617
    shell617 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and 5ft 3 & currently weigh 210 pounds and want to lose 100 pounds. I'm determined to lose the weight and want like minded people to be friends with. My 2nd weigh in is tomorrow.
  • Officially_Rosey
    Officially_Rosey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You can ALL do it!! I have lost half of my body weight in about 18 months - down to 160 from a start of 320 - and, believe me, if I can do it at my age then so can you youngsters! I still have my demons (cheese, bread, chocolate) but I have learned that if a few pounds go on then they will come off again when I get back on track. I still log everything that goes in my mouth and for me, that has been the most useful thing. I rewarded myself along the way by buying some new clothes from e bay each time I lost 10lbs (and sold the bigger clothes). Good luck to you all. Just remember, if you don't want to be the same next year, then you need to make a change now....

Great to hear/read about success and maintenance from someone who's been through the journey ☺ Thanks for sharing, and congrats on your weight loss :smile:
  • smileycanuck
    smileycanuck Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am also looking to lose 100+, since January 4th I have almost lost 30 pounds. Looking for some more friends to help me with my journey and I am here to support you also! Please feel free to send me a friend request, any and all welcome, I need all the help I can get! LOL
  • smileycanuck
    smileycanuck Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    JReed2205 wrote: »
    Count me in... I am 30, 5'4" and have easily 100+ to lose.... I am just starting on this journey so I am looking for advice, tips, encouragement etc..... I have some health issues that I am trying to get under control and since I am non active normally I need to figure out the best thing to start with as far as exercising goes!

JReed2205, I bought a fitbit and just started trying to walk and do 6,000 steps in a day, then after it was able to reach that with no problems I would add on more steps for a new goal. I am now finally reaching 10,000 steps a day but it was something I had to work towards, maybe try walking and work your way from there!
  • Kairalie
    Kairalie Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm in too.
    26 years old and more than half my body weight to lose to be where I'm supposed to be.. SO.. LONG road ahead. I'm excited to travel it and be the best me ever
  • she_lived_wholly_forevermore
    she_lived_wholly_forevermore Posts: 179 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm 29 years old, 5 feet tall, and have lost a little over 92 so far. Got a ways to go, 40 at least. Feel free to add me.
  • xiab2016
    xiab2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi I have come on this as so need too lose weight. I seem to have been stuck for years on same weight and need motivation to loose 5 stones! Please add me as I know it will be a long journey
  • bubbajoe1066
    bubbajoe1066 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    OK... I'm a guy... and old fart to be exact.. 55 heading on to 56 soon.... i started the day after xmas .. so far i have lost 51 lbs... just over 60 left to go... this is not easy.. but it is doable... you can do it... patience and perseverance .. do not look at the total... look at 1 pound... look to lose 1 pound... just 1... once you lose that pound look to lose another and so on and so on... it is very easy to become discouraged by looking at the total..its 1 pound at a time one day at a time, one week at a time... sometimes its one meal at a time... there is no luck involved.. it is a pretty simple process... calories in vs. calories... you must burn more calories than you take in..log your food.. weigh you food... every single bite... you do not have to give up everything you love to eat, just cut down on the amount and you need to get up and move your @*kitten* .. doesn't matter what you do, as long as you do more than the day before, the week before and keep adding to it.. i picked up a fitbit and it is truly the best motivational tool i could ask for.. i add more steps each day, each week.. i could barely make the recommended 10 k per day.. now i'm doing over 15 k .. you do what you can.. push yourself.. no excuses..there are no cheat days, you are not giving up the food you love.just cutting back the amount and how often you eat them... stay within your calories and do not eat back calories from exercise...if you need motivation .... look in the mirror... look at your kids your husband, your siginficant other.. hell your dog or cat... whatever it takes to stay motivated and moving in the right direction...this is your life we are talking about.. i plan on sticking around to see some grandkids...If this old man can do it so can every single one of you...ok.. getting off my soap box and heading back to the guys section.
  • terra32907
    terra32907 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Really upset with myself for getting to the point where I have to say 'I need to lose 100ish lbs.' 4 years ago I lost 60 on here, was running 5ks and doing mud runs. Fast forward a few years and being this fat is uncomfortable. I want to climb stairs and not feel like I am having to pull myself up them. I want to sit comfortably in my airplane seat. I want to be proud of myself when I look in the mirror. I would love friends that want to encourage, support, and hold each other accountable. Let's do this together!