Ladies losing 100+lbs?

Replies

• IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Please feel free to add me. Anybody. :)

I'm 39 & need to lose 125 at least. Losing 76 more pounds will bring me to onederland so that is my main goal right now.
  • o_0cynthiamarie
    o_0cynthiamarie Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Hi! In the same boat here! I did Insanity in 2013 and lost 30 pounds, but I didn't keep it up after completion and gained it all back PLUS some (CW 216). I'm really taking advantage of all my resources now and having a gym at work helps a ton! I'm 5'5" and my GW is 150lbs, so I've got a long road ahead of me-about 65 lbs. Feel free to add me!!
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 240 Member
    Hi. I started in June, just before I was turning 50 in September. I had a goal of losing 131.8 pounds and I am down 72.6 pounds, which leaves me with 59.2 pounds. I am really proud of everyone who is on this journey. I see many younger people here and that is a bonus. I wish I would have been as smart, however, I am still proud of my accomplishments! Everyone, feel free to add me :)
  • sbernardo123
    sbernardo123 Posts: 18 Member
    Yeeeeeppppp. I'm 31, 5'5'' and weigh just over 300lbs. I have 100-150lbs to lose and am just starting to transform my relationship with both food and activity. I have fibromyalgia, arthritis, and several other medical issues that make activity VERY difficult. My "kick in the *kitten*" moment came when my relationship started to go off course because of my inactivity, weight gain, and my general crappy attitude towards everything. I just started counseling and walking every day, eating better and tracking food, last week. This time is different; i have the will, the motivation, and the desire to change my life now because it's too late.
    I'm here if you want to talk, vent, cry, etc. Same goes for ANYONE in a similar situation.
  • aceswyf
    aceswyf Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 35 (*gasp* almost 36), 5'11 and I started this last July weighing 360 lbs. It's the most I ever weighed and I've since lost 60 lbs. I've still got 100 lbs to go and the last two months have been a real struggle. Good luck to everyone!
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Hi, great job so far! I am 5'2", 40 yrs old and have am currently 206 lbs. I started at 251.8 and would like to get down to 150 lbs (that may change as I get closer). I started on my own last March and started on MFP in June. I love interacting with people here. Please feel free to add me.
  • Elsie_LV
    Elsie_LV Posts: 33 Member
    i'm 5'5 and my ultimate goal is to lose 80lbs. I've gotten 5 down but i still have a LOOOOOOONG way to go! Anyone feel free to add me!
  • cdqtducks
    cdqtducks Posts: 19 Member
    I have at LEAST 80 pounds to lose. (I'd probably appreciate 90 more-so) I've done the yo-yo diet thing, adkins, this diet, that diet, eat all carbs, eat no carbs.. etc. etc. and I just need friends who are on the same path as I am who need to lose more than 10 pounds. I'm trying to actually utilize mfp instead of working against it. I finally put it on my phone and I have a fitbit. :)

Anyone who wants to add me, please do!
  • sassyshook
    sassyshook Posts: 213 Member
    I have 100+ lbs to lose as well!! Please friend me and we can root each other on!
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    I have over 100 pounds to lose, and I could use some more support. I started this a month ago, and I'm doing well with it: down 12.2 in that time. I'm hoping to continue. I've tried other things before, but this seems the easiest to me.
  • RayDespises
    RayDespises Posts: 11 Member
    27 5'3 with 100 pound loss is my final goal, I'm 215 right now
  • cmdavis813
    cmdavis813 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 23, 5'4", nd looking to lose 200 lbs total. I've lost 24 so far. I'll be going to Mexico on vacation at the end of July nd really want to lose 75 lbs total by then, so only 51 more to go to reach my first goal. I am a single mom to a precious little girl, nd need the motivation to get up nd get going sometimes. Anyone, please feel free to add me. Thanks. ☺
  • trishvb11
    trishvb11 Posts: 5 Member
    Hello all, my name is Trish I am 5'4 and around 228 lbs. I have been on tis site before but have not been motivated enough to get the weight off. I also didn't have a good support system. I am ready to work and lose weight to be healthy. Even though I am not new to this site, I am not sure how to add people ect. So please feel free to add me and maybe I can figure out how to accept it, haha!
  • tiffanylezett
    tiffanylezett Posts: 6 Member
    Just starting today. Looking for friends to help with accountability and motivation. Add me!
  • liliangelb
    liliangelb Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm 25 and 5'2 and at my largest I was 285lbs. Last year I lost 30lbs (yay!) but due to some personal stress I've gain back about 10 to 15lbs (depending on the week). I'm looking to start over and continue to my goal weight of 185lbs. Anyone who wants to add me to chat and/or give tips on how to get back into the groove I'm open for any suggestions.

My personal goal isn't to be supermodel thin but it is to be a healthier me. I've been overweight since I can remember. There was never a time in my life that I was particularly small or skinny. I never gain a significant amount of weight and I've been wearing the same size since I was about 15. Since this has been an ongoing issue for years, I know it's not going to be a quick fix. I don't really have a support system in my home life so that's what I'm here looking for.
  • livvy0606
    livvy0606 Posts: 17 Member
    I've lost 34 pounds so far. Aiming to lose 105
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Off to a great start! 4.2lbs in 8 days! I know it is mostly water, but I am OK with that. A loss is a loss. And before I made changes, I was gaining daily! It is definitely fueling my momentum! Too bad my BFF is trying to sabatoge me and brought home a pie knowing full well that I am making life changes. It helped that she brought home pie I think is nasty! LOL
  • Mamahick12
    Mamahick12 Posts: 19 Member
    Hey ladies, what are some great exercises to do when you are really over weight? I have about 150 lbs to lose so right now, my knees cant handle a whole lot of impact. I'm walking 2 miles a night with my husband and dogs, but I want to incorporate different methods of exercise so I don't get burned out. Swimming isn't an option since there aren't any pools close by but I do have a gym membership.

Any advice would be very much appreciated
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Mamahick12 wrote: »
    Hey ladies, what are some great exercises to do when you are really over weight? I have about 150 lbs to lose so right now, my knees cant handle a whole lot of impact. I'm walking 2 miles a night with my husband and dogs, but I want to incorporate different methods of exercise so I don't get burned out. Swimming isn't an option since there aren't any pools close by but I do have a gym membership.

Any advice would be very much appreciated

Walking is an awesome place to start. Perhaps it's time to start adding a little strength training that you can do at home? I have a variety of inexpensive dumbells and used them to do curls, squats, overhead presses and rows, along with carrying a small weight while walking. I know that some people are afraid of squats with bad knees but when they are done right, started with just body weight, they can actually be very beneficial.
  • Mamahick12
    Mamahick12 Posts: 19 Member
    I would love to do strength training. I am concerned about squats because I tore my ACL about 12 years ago and the weight seems to cause it to inflame. Is there a video that I can watch on how to do proper squats?