Ladies losing 100+lbs?

Options

Replies

• pinkpsyche
    pinkpsyche Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble seeing life's "silver lining" these days. I have an old knee injury from a car accident when i was in high school 25+ years ago (did i really just age myself?!) and it is seriously giving me the blues. Its swollen big like a cantaloupe, very painful, had to buy a knee brace to walk at all, and still doing so with a pronounced limp. I was walking 10K+ steps per day when i got my fitbit, but i think it was too much too soon and now I am paying for it. i am still using my Tower 200 (a weighted pulley system for strength training) but i really think the walking was making such a huge difference. It just makes me sad. Everyone around me keeps telling me to rest. But honestly, its sitting on my rear end that got me to where i have to lose 100+ lbs. I don't want to lose the momentum I had. Any advice? I really rely on all of you, my pals, to give me that kick in the butt when i need it, ya know?
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs exactly to lose if anyone wants to help a guy. I know its only for ladies on here
  • mousecat88
    mousecat88 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! I have 140 lbs to lose and just restarted my journey. feel free to add!
  • checkthestove
    checkthestove Posts: 44 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    pinkpsyche wrote: »
    I am having trouble seeing life's "silver lining" these days. I have an old knee injury from a car accident when i was in high school 25+ years ago (did i really just age myself?!) and it is seriously giving me the blues. Its swollen big like a cantaloupe, very painful, had to buy a knee brace to walk at all, and still doing so with a pronounced limp. I was walking 10K+ steps per day when i got my fitbit, but i think it was too much too soon and now I am paying for it. i am still using my Tower 200 (a weighted pulley system for strength training) but i really think the walking was making such a huge difference. It just makes me sad. Everyone around me keeps telling me to rest. But honestly, its sitting on my rear end that got me to where i have to lose 100+ lbs. I don't want to lose the momentum I had. Any advice? I really rely on all of you, my pals, to give me that kick in the butt when i need it, ya know?

I am so sad to hear about your struggle! Resting is truly the best way to heal, though. Even though you cannot be as active as you would like, it could be a good way to just focus more on food. I'm sure that with the time you are resting, you can discover some great and healthy recipes to try! You'll be back on your feet in no time! You can ALWAYS message me for ideas :) I'm actually ill and injured right now, so resting is a struggle I'm dealing with as well.
  • checkthestove
    checkthestove Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs exactly to lose if anyone wants to help a guy. I know its only for ladies on here

Men are welcome too! I just needed some women friends to relate with. I would love to help! Adding :)
  • AlisonMulhare
    AlisonMulhare Posts: 28 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Sorry - I had a question but decided to make it a new discussion :smile:
  • KrissaJane92
    KrissaJane92 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Started from 375. Now 314. Goal weight is 160. Feel free to add me !!!
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would love to become mfp pals as well. I'm 30, 5'11. I've almost reached the 100lbs lost goal but still I have a lot more to go. So anyone please feel free to add me :)
  • BrittRick
    BrittRick Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey guy, I'm new to MFP. I'm 31, 5'5' starting weight was 290 I'm now at 276.6. I'm super motivated and I'd love some new friends on here :)
  • Sheli_L
    Sheli_L Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 and at 307 right now, I am 39 and have MS. I just lost 13lbs since April. Easy does it.. I have 2 teenage girls I want to motivate them to be healthier.
  • badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    They say everything is better with friends, and that's got to be true about weight loss, right? I don't have (m)any, but I'd like some!

I've been actively losing since February, and while 35 lbs of lard have gone, there's still 80 of their evil siblings lurking behind.

I've been taking the approach of not fretting too much about macronutrients or minutes of cardio, but simply of eating mindfully so that I won't get too hungry. In other words, while I know that I can fit some Pringles into my calorie allowance, I can also fit half a watermelon, and the latter will keep me full much longer.
  • morningbell1
    morningbell1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would also love new MFP friends! This is my nth time starting, I've started and stopped more times than I can count. But this time feels different! I have right around 100 to lose (or maybe a few pounds less? I'm not sure where I'll end up). Feel free to add me!
  • Fit_Takes_Time
    Fit_Takes_Time Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have 90-100 pounds to lose! I have definitely fallen in the past but I'm ready to take me back!!! Feel free to send me a request.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've lost over 100lbs! I just wanted to pop in and say it's doable! I've got another 50ish pounds to lose, but I've resigned to the fact that its going to take a lot longer than the 1st 100lbs. My diary is wide open. Feel free to message me if you have any questions!
  • ladybug71399
    ladybug71399 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. This is my second time around with MFP. The last time I lost a good amount of weight but then got pregnant and gained everything back. I went back to WW in January and was doing ok, but struggling with the new plan. I have been up and down ever since. I am trying so hard to stay motivated but having a difficult time. I have joined some good groups on Facebook but still need a little more push. I have over 100 pounds to lose but I don't want to focus on the number which is where I think I start to become frustrated. I just want to stay focused on getting healthier. Please send me a friend request. Thanks
  • prioritizepositivity
    prioritizepositivity Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 19 and I have 130 lbs to lose . would love to have the support of other ladies looking to lose that much! Feel free to add me!
  • 4u2c2014
    4u2c2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 67 yrs. old and live with chronic pain. Over the past year I have managed to lose 60 lbs. I have 100 more to go. Due to several Heath issues I am extremely limited in regards to exercising but am trying to move more each day to get things moving as I have been at a stand still lately. No sure how this community thing works, but I could use some friends. I am 4u2c2014.
  • Cammy_girl
    Cammy_girl Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I'm also back again, with a bit more success. I have lost 60 pounds, about 90 left. Irrigation, much rather looking at weight to go in kg
  • DeliRoutledge79
    DeliRoutledge79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have also got a lot of weight to loose around the region of 6 stone i think. It's so very daunting when you start but I think having people in a similar place to you really helps as they are understanding and can empathise with your journey, the ups and the downs. Feel free to add me, I try to post most days and always try be motivational.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and still have 100 lbs to lose. I have lost 45 so far, and I keep failing and going back to my old ways. I'm still down those 45 lbs but I need a good kick in the pants. :(