Has anyone met there goal weight eating 1200 calories??

Options
Hi am worried i will gain by just eating 1200 calories a day but im full and don't feel the need to eat any more not even my net calories I have a personal trainer 5x a week will i still lose weight??

Has anyone met there goal weight just eating 1200 calories??

Replies

• brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    im down from 250 to 202 right now eating 1200 calories (since february), my bf % went from 24% to 15% so far, with lifting and doing cardio
  • taniiagirl
    taniiagirl Posts: 47
    Options
    No I really struggle to have an intake of over 600cals especially after I log in my exercise aswell
  • holidayslimgoal
    Options
    yes I lost 47lbs and 3 dress sizes in 6 months eating 1200 cals and not logging my exercise. it depends on your body and how much you lift as well - not just doing cardio.
  • dyevine
    dyevine Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I lost quite a bit last year on that plan- but then gained it back far too easily in "maintenance" mode!
  • jiz35
    jiz35 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    On the way there on 1200 Kcal/day, although I don't beat myself up if I go a wee bit over. I try not to dip too much below the 1200 though. So far 30kg down.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm losing at 1500 and only logging "intense" exercise.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    im down from 250 to 202 right now eating 1200 calories (since february), my bf % went from 24% to 15% so far, with lifting and doing cardio

wow... 24 to 15% on 1200 calories?
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options

yup, i'm trying to get to like 7%, and i see no reason why i won't get there continuing this way. I also lift for like 2 hours a day and do atleast an hour of cardio, and i certainly don't re-eat those calories that i burn.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

yup, i'm trying to get to like 7%, and i see no reason why i won't get there continuing this way. I also lift for like 2 hours a day and do atleast an hour of cardio, and i certainly don't re-eat those calories that i burn.

this is worth the try
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories. So far it's working out great and I'm heading in the right direction. It's a bit slower than it was a few years ago, as I'm 47 now, but it's coming off so I have no complaints!!

Good luck to you though!!
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    For a 1lb a week loss MFP has me at 1270 per day. I always eat back most exercise calories and am consistently losing. I go over sometimes and still lose.
  • itsi_itss
    itsi_itss Posts: 8
    Options
    I never thought of this. This is such a good idea,i think,not logging the exercises.And congratulations on losing 47 lbs,that's awesome!
  • itsi_itss
    itsi_itss Posts: 8
    Options
    yes I lost 47lbs and 3 dress sizes in 6 months eating 1200 cals and not logging my exercise. it depends on your body and how much you lift as well - not just doing cardio.
    I never thought of this. This is such a good idea,i think,not logging the exercises.And congratulations on losing 47 lbs,that's awesome!
  • susantrigg18
    Options
    I started 10 months ago @ 1200 per day & consistently lose, currently lost just over 36kgs/80 pounds...6 weeks ago i decided to gradually up my calories to the point im now eating about 1350 per day
  • casy84
    casy84 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I lost most of my weight at 1200. I upped to 1400 and lost some more, but much slower.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I met my goal eating about 2200 calories a day! I am sure you can meet yours on 1200. :smile:
  • rachitpanwar8
    rachitpanwar8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 calories. So far it's working out great..Most of them is eggwhite,Fruits,Protein...Carbs @ Morning..lost 58lbs ( 26Kg)...i do Intense Cardio ( Insanity,asylum - Beachbody ) and Prefer running 4 times a week ( 10 Km a day ).Hope this helps...Good luck
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I started August 20, 2012, found MFP 3 weeks later, & ate 1200 calories the whole time. I am 50 years old and have surpassed my original goal of 140 lbs. I got down in the 120s for the first time in my adult life (126lbs). I lost steadily, never experiencing a plateau. A week or so ago I changed my goal to lose 1/2 lb a week and my calories a day are now 1380. I would like to lose 1 more pound, but figured it would be good to add in calories gradually, working towards maintenance. My plan for maintenance is stay within a range of 125-130lbs. Best of luck to you!
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Hi am worried i will gain by just eating 1200 calories a day but im full and don't feel the need to eat any more not even my net calories I have a personal trainer 5x a week will i still lose weight??

I have met my goal in the past eating 1200 calories, twice in fact. First time I lost 33lbs, the second time 41lbs. I put weight back on because I ate too much.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

I've met my goal eating a whoooooooooole lot more. Why only eat 1200 if you can lose at more? Did you sign up, set yourself as sedentary/2 pounds per week?

But you're exercising and 2 lbs is a bit aggressive... so that's why MFP says 1200. It'll never go lower than that. Do yourself a favor and change your settings to something more realistic and sustainable.

No I really struggle to have an intake of over 600cals especially after I log in my exercise aswell

you're doing it wrong.

seriously.