Weight Gain Buddy?

Options
Queen9387
Queen9387 Posts: 34 Member
Hello, I'm currently 139lbs 5' 6" and my goal is 165lbs by June 1st! I eat 3,800 calories a day easy peezy, but it would be fun to do this with someone with similar goals.! According to fitness pal with those calories a day I'll be 161lbs in five weeks, but we'll see.

What is your weight gain goal?
When is your dead line?
What is your current weight and height?
Any supplements?
How many calories a day are you eating?

Replies

• MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Queen1312 wrote: »
    Hello, I'm currently 139lbs 5' 6" and my goal is 165lbs by June 1st! I eat 3,800 calories a day easy peezy, but it would be fun to do this with someone with similar goals.! According to fitness pal with those calories a day I'll be 161lbs in five weeks, but we'll see.

What is your weight gain goal?
    When is your dead line?
    What is your current weight and height?
    Any supplements?
    How many calories a day are you eating?

Why do you want to gain so quickly? Assuming your goal is to gain primarily muscle your pace should be much slower. Even on a strenuous lifting plan gaining 26 pounds of muscle (or even half of that) is impossible in 2 months. If you successfully reach your goal the great majority of the gain will be from fat.

Unless someone is already underweight (with yourcurrent BMI of 22.4 that does not appear to be the case) where adding a lot of fat is a good thing I see no good reason bulk up so quickly.
  • Queen9387
    Options
    I'm looking for a weight gain partner not a weight gain critic. If I was interested in peoples two cents the headline would've been "weight gain advice" obviously gaining weight that fast would put on a lot of fat that's the point in my case! Carry on now✌
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be a "weight gain critic" but, I don't think you will find many people who want to gain that much fat..
    Someone who is lifting weights and trying to bulk to add muscle will aim for maybe 1 lb a week max.
    (When I bulk I am going to aim for a gain of about 2 lbs a month.)
    Why are you aiming for so much fat gain?
    Also, I wouldn't put much confidence in MFP's 5 week estimate as it is known to be wrong.
  • shailajashailushaili
    Options
    I am 5.4" and 109 lb.. my weight gain goal is 120 lb.. i need 2200 calories per day with healthy eating .. i have been using this app for one week.. i could hardly do 1700 calories per day.. my bad.. i have to increase my calories..
  • Queen9387
    Options
    I am 5.4" and 109 lb.. my weight gain goal is 120 lb.. i need 2200 calories per day with healthy eating .. i have been using this app for one week.. i could hardly do 1700 calories per day.. my bad.. i have to increase my calories..

That's a good goal. How's the app been working out for you? How long have you given yourself to reach that goal? Do you exercise?
  • singforbrandi
    singforbrandi Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to gain 20 lbs within the next 2.5 months. My current weight is 95lbs, but I'm 5' even. My goal weight is 115. It's been so hard for me to keep my weight at 100 so I'm trying this out! I'm consuming 2,200 calories a day.. Way over what I've been consuming my entire life! My deadline is June, I'm hoping for the best!
  • Queen9387
    Options
    I'm trying to gain 20 lbs within the next 2.5 months. My current weight is 95lbs, but I'm 5' even. My goal weight is 115. It's been so hard for me to keep my weight at 100 so I'm trying this out! I'm consuming 2,200 calories a day.. Way over what I've been consuming my entire life! My deadline is June, I'm hoping for the best!

Good Luck! How's it going so far? Around 20lbs is my goal as well, if June is your deadline you'll need to consume at least 3,000 calories. Do you exercise?
  • singforbrandi
    Options
    Yes. But, it's difficult for me to do anything in a gym because I've got 2 young daughters. So this is definitely going to be a challenge for me. Good luck to you too!
  • Phylicia4024
    Phylicia4024 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5"3 I weigh 108 I want to weigh at least 130. I absolutely love this app. I've been using it for like a wk now. According to this app I should consume 2,645 calories a day & I take Apetamin to increase my appetite & to lower my metabolism I take it 3 times a day & so far I have good results. I weighed myself this morning I'm up to 113
  • FireMike05
    FireMike05 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be a critic but assuming you are natural, you will only be able to put on maybe 2 pounds of muscle in that time frame and that's if you are focused on building muscle and doing everything right... Having said that, that leaves you with roughly 24 pounds being all fat and water... Not going to be a good look but sometimes it takes learning experiences like this for you to fully understand how your body will respond so good luck!
  • Queen9387
    Options
    Yes. But, it's difficult for me to do anything in a gym because I've got 2 young daughters. So this is definitely going to be a challenge for me. Good luck to you too!

Exercise at home no need for a gym, trying stay fit not lose weight , you got this! (Squats,crunches,sit ups, lunges)
  • Queen9387
    Options
    Hi I'm 5"3 I weigh 108 I want to weigh at least 130. I absolutely love this app. I've been using it for like a wk now. According to this app I should consume 2,645 calories a day & I take Apetamin to increase my appetite & to lower my metabolism I take it 3 times a day & so far I have good results. I weighed myself this morning I'm up to 113

That's great, good luck! When is your deadline to reach 130 or are you just going til you reach it? I was thinking about the Apetamin but heard it makes you tired and groggy, have you dealt with that?
  • singforbrandi
    Options

Exercise at home no need for a gym, trying stay fit not lose weight , you got this! (Squats,crunches,sit ups, lunges)

Thank you! I've been exploring with yoga and I walk/jog everyday but I don't think those things alone will cut it so I'm going to start a routine of squats, lunges, sit ups, etc. What work outs are you avid in?
  • itsjlaxo
    itsjlaxo Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I'm down!

What is your weight gain goal? 145
    When is your dead line? June sounds good, im just getting started
    What is your current weight and height? im at 126 currently
    Any supplements? no
    How many calories a day are you eating? 2500
  • Queen9387
    Options

Thank you! I've been exploring with yoga and I walk/jog everyday but I don't think those things alone will cut it so I'm going to start a routine of squats, lunges, sit ups, etc. What work outs are you avid in?

Yogo sounds cool.. I do all the exercises that I mentioned every morning before breakfast to boost my appetite.
  • Queen9387
    Options
    itsjlaxo wrote: »

I'm down!

What is your weight gain goal? 145
    When is your dead line? June sounds good, im just getting started
    What is your current weight and height? im at 126 currently
    Any supplements? no
    How many calories a day are you eating? 2500

Great, good luck! How tall are you? Have you thought about adding more calories over time?
  • mellyrd7
    mellyrd7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'll be ur gain weight buddy :). I been struggling to gain weight my whole life ! I'm 5'3 109 lbs and my goal is to reach 125 lbs- 130 lbs by July. I actually started taking apetamin 6 days ago. From day 1-4 I gained 4 lbs , day 5 I stayed the same and today I'm freakin 1 lb less. I just started tracking my calories again but I do struggle to meet my calorie goal, I usually come up a lil short
  • Queen9387
    Options
    mellyrd7 wrote: »
    I'll be ur gain weight buddy :). I been struggling to gain weight my whole life ! I'm 5'3 109 lbs and my goal is to reach 125 lbs- 130 lbs by July. I actually started taking apetamin 6 days ago. From day 1-4 I gained 4 lbs , day 5 I stayed the same and today I'm freakin 1 lb less. I just started tracking my calories again but I do struggle to meet my calorie goal, I usually come up a lil short

Great, good luck! How many calories are you consuming a day?
  • mellyrd7
    Options
    So far today I'm only 200 calories short of my 2,100 calorie goal. But in the past I would be around 500 calories short.
  • mellyrd7
    Options
    Damn u eat 3,800 calories easily . Sheesh I wish !