Weight Gain Buddy?

Options

Replies

• lilmisssassy03
    lilmisssassy03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, Queen I to am trying to gain weight I'm looking to get back to 96 or 100 I'm currently at 83 but it might go to 85 depending. I'm trying to intake 1800 calories a day maybe we can motivate each other let me know
  • s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What is your weight gain goal? 55kg
    When is your dead line? July 2016 maximum
    What is your current weight and height? 157cm and 50kg (I hit plateau)
    Any supplements? Protein shake
    How many calories a day are you eating?
    I should be having 2,500 everyday, but I am inconsistent. I make sure I reach 2.000 though
    I workout 6x a week

• tam741
    tam741 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to gain lean mass for the longest. I'm over 50 and didn't think it was possible, but using this app and eating quality foods while working at a tech company that promotes nutrition (they provide free breakfast/lunch) has led to good gains.

I started at 144.1 lbs., and am now at 150. My BMI is 12%. I'm 5'11", 53, male and always thin, with a very high metabolism. My problem now is I no longer work at the tech giant. I just cannot afford the supplements, nor am I liable to remember taking them. I can't even remember multiple vitamins. I'm trained to eat food!

This app has definitely taught me to consume more quality foods by focusing on good calories! In addition, I've reduced sugar grams and sodium.

Several years ago a dietitician recommended eating some sort of bread with every meal. That seems to work! I always keep peanut butter and nuts on hand too.

I practice yoga for over a decade, which has completely reshaped my body. When in the gym, I do squats, and compound exercises that support my lean mass goal. I'd like to get to an even 160. The closest I've gotten is 158 several years ago, but then I caught the flu and lost all the weight.

Weight gain has always been a challenge for me. Although at this age people think I'm in my 30's I'm still struggling with being an ideal weight. My body reacts quickly to exercise, but keeping the weight on is tough for me.

Do I have to taper off if/when I get to 160? Should I go for 170 lbs?
  • Queen9387
    Queen9387 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    tam741 wrote: »
    I've been trying to gain lean mass for the longest. I'm over 50 and didn't think it was possible, but using this app and eating quality foods while working at a tech company that promotes nutrition (they provide free breakfast/lunch) has led to good gains.

I started at 144.1 lbs., and am now at 150. My BMI is 12%. I'm 5'11", 53, male and always thin, with a very high metabolism. My problem now is I no longer work at the tech giant. I just cannot afford the supplements, nor am I liable to remember taking them. I can't even remember multiple vitamins. I'm trained to eat food!

This app has definitely taught me to consume more quality foods by focusing on good calories! In addition, I've reduced sugar grams and sodium.

Several years ago a dietitician recommended eating some sort of bread with every meal. That seems to work! I always keep peanut butter and nuts on hand too.

I practice yoga for over a decade, which has completely reshaped my body. When in the gym, I do squats, and compound exercises that support my lean mass goal. I'd like to get to an even 160. The closest I've gotten is 158 several years ago, but then I caught the flu and lost all the weight.

Weight gain has always been a challenge for me. Although at this age people think I'm in my 30's I'm still struggling with being an ideal weight. My body reacts quickly to exercise, but keeping the weight on is tough for me.

Do I have to taper off if/when I get to 160? Should I go for 170 lbs?

Hello.
    Being as though you're so tall I would shoot for 170lbs but make 160 a mini goal then go from there. Try your best to eat every two to three hours. That's great that you always have a snack on hand! The best way to remember your multi vitamin is to keep them on your night stand along side a cup of water. They're important because they boost your appetite! Good Luck!
  • Queen9387
    Options
    s_hossein wrote: »
    I should be having 2,500 everyday, but I am inconsistent. I make sure I reach 2.000 though
    I workout 6x a week

Hi
    11lbs by July is a great goal! All that working out per week making it hard to keep your calories?
  • s_hossein
    s_hossein Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Queen9387 wrote: »
    I workout 6x a week

Hi
    11lbs by July is a great goal! All that working out per week making it hard to keep your calories?

It is but it's the only way for me to make sure my stomach doesn't get bigger.

It's the food that I struggle with because I lost motivation :(
  • Queen9387
    Options
    I workout 6x a week

Hi

It is but it's the only way for me to make sure my stomach doesn't get bigger.

It's the food that I struggle with because I lost motivation :(

Think about why you want to gain the weight and stay positive!, I'll also give you encouragement as the weeks progress. Try setting alarms on your phone for every three hours and eat! (3 large meals 3 small snacks everyday!)After a while your appetite will start picking up as well. I understand the stomach issue but six times a week is a little excessive especially since you haven't been meeting your calorie goals for each day, I would suggest three times a week focusing on your core and some squats.
  • shashan0808
    shashan0808 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ive taken apetamin ..went from 120 to 158 i just eat and drink whatever i want.. my goal is 170 and im 5'5
  • Queen9387
    Options
    Ive taken apetamin ..went from 120 to 158 i just eat and drink whatever i want.. my goal is 170 and im 5'5

Awesome! Same here eat and drink whatever I want lol just trying to hurry up and reach the goal! How many calories do you usually consume in a day?
  • ilharris786
    ilharris786 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Currently on a weight gain Journey.. I am 5'5" 112 llbs.. Looking to gain. I do. Not exercise much in fear of burning too many calories.. My goal weight is 135lbs.. Any suggestions?
  • Queen9387
    Options
    Currently on a weight gain Journey.. I am 5'5" 112 llbs.. Looking to gain. I do. Not exercise much in fear of burning too many calories.. My goal weight is 135lbs.. Any suggestions?

I would suggest consuming at least 3,000 calories a day! Eat every three hours and make sure they're large portions, always have a snack in between meals. Make sure to do some strength exercises like squats and core workouts two to three times a week (no cardio) and be sure to eat more calories than you burn!
  • ilharris786
    ilharris786 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips.. I work a lot so I'm constantly on the go and currently under a lot of stress.. Do you kno of anything I can use to help increase my appetite..
  • Queen9387
    Options
    Thanks for the tips.. I work a lot so I'm constantly on the go and currently under a lot of stress.. Do you kno of anything I can use to help increase my appetite..

Since you're always on the go be sure to keep a snack on hand at all times ex: fruit snacks.granola bars.oatmeal pies.chips etc... The natural and best way to boost your appetite is to eat a large breakfast and take a multi vitamin everyday! Breakfast basically gets things going and helps you to eat all throughout the day, over time you'll notice a big change in your appetite. I've heard of some stuff called Apetamine but I can't suggest it because I've never tried it, but it's up to you.
  • Goingbigger
    Goingbigger Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I heard about that, so I youtubed it and I saw a lot of good feedback. Besides the first 3 days it makes you sleepy but I recently just had a baby and I'm breastfeeding and I read you can't take it and breastfeed
  • emoran1223
    emoran1223 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, Queen I to am trying to gain weight I'm looking to get back to 96 or 100 I'm currently at 83 but it might go to 85 depending. I'm trying to intake 1800 calories a day maybe we can motivate each other let me know

I'm 85 I'm 25 with two kids and been this weight since I was 13. I never gain ever.. I started this journey yesterday and already feel doomed.
  • satchelmcqueen
    satchelmcqueen Posts: 5 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What is your weight gain goal? . my goal is 200.

When is your dead line? anytime as long as i dont lose definition.

What is your current weight and height? 182 / 5'4"

Any supplements? main ones are creatine, L glutamine, lots of milk and multi vitamin.

How many calories a day are you eating? trying for 3300. usually hit that and sometimes i hit 5000 if im still hungry.

• rellyrell365
    rellyrell365 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Need A little motivation new to this and hello nice to meet you y'all I'm try to gain and rip up 166 to 180 July beachfront
  • shashan0808
    shashan0808 Posts: 11 Member
    Options

Awesome! Same here eat and drink whatever I want lol just trying to hurry up and reach the goal! How many calories do you usually consume in a day?

I used to cosume 3500/4000 calories a day when i first started now i just eat eat eat i figure its enough calories since im not back to a toothpick lol and also adding ensure plus to my journey has always been a help seems i get stuck at 158 when i get there
  • Queen9387
    Options
    Need A little motivation new to this and hello nice to meet you y'all I'm try to gain and rip up 166 to 180 July beachfront

How many calories are you consuming a day?
  • rajraj123
    rajraj123 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please suggest good quality weight gain products. Thanks in advance