question 4 ppl who understand what thick means

Options
DD0pe
DD0pe Posts: 34 Member
I'm so confused last time I lost alot of weight my bf said I look like a skinny crack head now I gained it back n he saying I need to tone up n get thick like the girls in music videos??... How am I suppose to do that ?!?

Replies

• julies90
    julies90 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    dump him, that's how.
    Do it for you.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he might be a little "thick" between the ears.
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Anyone who told me I looked like a skinny crack-head would be thrown out.
    If he wants a movie star, tell him to go find one and get a fella that loves and supports you.
  • caegem
    caegem Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Dump him, Hes obviously an idiot.
  • NadineSabbagh
    NadineSabbagh Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I always thought 'thick' was a word used to mean 'fat', so I'm as confused as you.

Personally, I would tell your boyfriend to get stuffed! Saying you look like a skinny crack head, then criticising you when you put on weight? How dare he tell you how you should look! Do what YOU want to do, look how YOU want to look, and don't change for anyone else :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    thick,,, I love thick.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Thick is a polite way of saying fat
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    if you love him have a serious talk with him and don't listen to these people that say dump him. relationships take hard work if you run away every time you will never have time to make the relationship strong. just like bodybuilding if you put the weights down just cause it gets hard and hurts you will never grow :)

Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I would really ask him what HE means. That doesn't even make sense to me. THICK? does he mean toned? In the long run you are doing this for you, so how you see yourself and feel about yourself is important. If he is not supportive of your goals, then you really need to reevaluate you relationship.
  • jinna86
    jinna86 Posts: 93
    Options
    I googled "thick women" and this site popped up: http://allthickwomen.com/

Is that what he means? From the pictures, I'd describe them as muscular but not skinny, with exaggerated womanly proportions.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I saw that site. So then, "thick" means big *kitten* and heavy, fat thighs? (No thank you. You maybe, if you want it. Not me.)
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I saw that site. So then, "thick" means big *kitten* and heavy, fat thighs? (No thank you. You maybe, if you want it. Not me.)

Hey, hey, hey! I have a big *kitten* and heavy, fat thighs!! Back off the hatin! :sad:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options

Hey, hey, hey! I have a big *kitten* and heavy, fat thighs!! Back off the hatin! :sad:

I SAID "you, if you want it." How is that hating? Lighten up, honey. Your profile picture doesn't look fat at all.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    BF sounds like a jerk. You're too good for him. Fire his dumb *kitten*. :mad:
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    :huh:

8488541.png
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Means juicy hips/thighs/bum something you would get from lifting.

If that isn't the way you want to look tell him to grow a bigger stick then you will get thicker for him ... that'll shut him up :happy:
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    In fitness terms, 'thick' means muscular builds... not skinny, not fat, but fit, firm muscles.

Any other meaning outside of that context should be considered an insult and responded to with a chair to the face.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I went to the thick girls website. So your BF wants you to look like Kim Kardashian? That's fine if you have the body structure for it and it's something YOU want.

I see a lot of people are suggesting that anyone can get that body type through lifting. I think that's only true if you have the genetic structure for it to begin with. I've been lifting heavy for years but I have a very lean body type. Even when I'm not running (only lifting) although I am "toned" and have a nice little rounded rear end, I don't think I could ever be "thick" no matter how much I worked. I don't have the body type for it.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Anyone who can not love you the way you are, fat, skinny, thick or not, doesn't have their priorities right! If you lost weight for you, which is healthier, he should have supported you!!

Just because he is telling you how you should look, doesn't mean that's what you have to or should look like. If you were 'thick' when you got together and you gained weight after that, I could understand he would be worried about your health, but looks should come second, after health.
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I dont think thick means fat at all. More about thick thighs, small waist and a butt. Not sure its totally possible without the genetics but lifting weights may help a bit. I would say that i was "thick" around a size 10-12 and am now losing it at an 8. Thats just me personally though.