question 4 ppl who understand what thick means

Options

Replies

• perfectlyimperfectturk
    Options
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    It sounds like he might be a little "thick" between the ears.

^This^

Why are you worried bout what he thinks... Girl be healthy for you.

And ^this^
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused last time I lost alot of weight my bf said I look like a skinny crack head now I gained it back n he saying I need to tone up n get thick like the girls in music videos??... How am I suppose to do that ?!?

anyways I"ll leave it to OP to decide what kind of relationship she is in but will focus on the HOW in case she some day realizes with or without him that she may want to look like that. It would require dieting to a certain level of body fat (not too low) and doing exercises that increase the muscles in the area you want them. to increase muscles one lifts heavy weights, that's all I know. Anyone else feel free to chime in with the HOW and to what extent OP can get whatever kind of body SHE wants regardless of whether BF's desires match up with hers and why.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    heart skips a beat at that one too. dat legs!

that...and the perfect rest of her body, the shells covering her breasts, the "oh, yeah, baby" look on her face, and the Mickey Mouse ears. It's a combo of sexy/kitteny/tough girl.

Like.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused last time I lost alot of weight my bf said I look like a skinny crack head now I gained it back n he saying I need to tone up n get thick like the girls in music videos??... How am I suppose to do that ?!?

dump him.
  • erulasse
    erulasse Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thick does not mean fat.

Beyonce is thick.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    would love to be thick with ideal measurements of
    38/9-29-45
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    OP, first you know to figure out how you want to look and what makes you feel good in your own skin. You can't mold your body to what he wants because he will never be satisfied.

First, you can't change genetics. I am puerto rican and I was born tall, with a lean like structure and no *kitten*. When I gain weight it goes all to my stomach and boobs. My legs and butt stay exactly the same, for the most part, so thickening up with fat is practically impossible for me. The only thing you can do with your genetics is work on tailoring it with proper eating and lifting.

If he wants to you have more fat in certain areas to take away the "crack head" look and give you a softer appearance in areas that are sexually appealing to him, well ****...that's not going to happen. You can't direct your body fat and you can't make certain areas build muscle faster.

And quite frankly, is his body up to your standards? Most likely not, so you need to have a real conversation about your body and your expectations with your body. If he can't be happy with what makes you comfortable then he isn't worth keeping around.

beautifully said by a beautiful young lady =)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Since you've already gotten tons of opinions on your relationship and self image, I'll just skip that.

The kind of build those women on the site have is genetic. You can do things to get closer to it, but unless your body is inclined to look like that, you'll never quite get there.
  • radcliff17
    radcliff17 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    dump him, that's how.
    Do it for you.

what she said...
  • DD0pe
    DD0pe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    thank you would i have to lift in large reps or heavy weights small reps?
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Step 1: Lift him up over your head.

Step 2: Throw him to the curb.

Step 3: Lock your front door.

There ya go.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Thick is a polite way of saying fat

^^^This is how I always felt too. I've been called "thick" before, although it's been a long time. The person who said it swore it was a compliment, and seemed to get mad when I told him he was basically calling me fat, lol. I get that some guys like "thick" women, but if we don't want to be "thick" then it's like you're calling us fat. In this case, though, OP, I think he wants you to get a badonkadonk! Lol. Adding muscle with heavy lifting, and most likely eating at a surplus may help get you there, but it's a long, and slow process for us women....and probably for men too. Either way though, if he can't except you for you, then he's probably not worth all the work to get the body HE desires. Heavy lifting is always a good thing for us, but you have to do it for yourself, and want to do it. It takes a lot of motivation and hard work, sweat, and possibly some tears, so doing it for someone else probably won't get you there. You have to really WANT it!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Thick means chubby or fat.

Self respect means that your body doesn't exist for the pleasure of your boyfriend.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm aware of what it means.

It means having decent amount of muscle covered up by fat.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options

Turn the tables. Tell him he needs to tone up his relationship skills or you'll find someone who adores you just the way you are.

Look the way YOU want to look. Screw the douche bag.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    ooooooohhhhh.......

MCD, this one just made me whimper a little...:love:

rihanna-hard500.jpg

gotta admit, my heart skips a beat at that one too. dat legs!

She has lost a lot of weight since that photo - she is very tiny through the waist now. Her legs are frankly her worst feature IMO. She simply does not have the body type for shapely legs.
  • QuietBloom
    Options
    OP, forget all the people here who say to dump him. I don't know how people can think they have the right to tell you to make that big of a decision from the little that you told us about ur bf. For example, my bff in the whole wide world and I are always "dissing" each other, but in a good way. It depends on how things are said sometimes and the character of the person who said it.

On another note, to answer your original question, I think thick means not skinny, not fat, just nice muscular build with just enough body fat to not have well defined muscles. It's a look I like too, but like someone else mentioned, we're not all genetically disposed to have that look. If you are, then you probably just need to work on lifting heavy weights to get the muscle part down. That's what I'm currently in the process of doing.

I won't offer any advice on what to say to your bf (although a few things come to mind) because you didn't ask for that. Good luck!

*Edited for grammar*

^this depending on the guy and the relationship it's just how you guys converse. Last time I had a fight with hubby and I said "what would you do if you were in my shoes?" and he answered "i would never be in your shoes" his usual answer meaning I have to learn to prevent problems a longstanding goal of mine and he says it to remind me, but this time he added "cause those shoes are ugly" since I'd just bought new shoes and he had kept quiet about them but i guess chose that moment to admit it, or just wanted to add a silly insult to win. IDK all I know is I found it nearly impossible to continue the argument to closure to figure out what needed to be done, due to that silly and haylarious additional "insult". we joke around here. we "play" when we fight and I cringe to think what an onlooker might think because both being from certain work backgrounds we are able to say it with such a straight face as to seem serious.

I"m looking for a pic of "thick" as that seems like the only way to get it across. it's like slender but not "athletic" but a little bit fuller without being fat.

this might be it

nikewomen.jpg it even comes with instructions. squat. and just do it.

Good illustration, but that Nike ad is a fake.http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/10-fake-ads-that-people-think-are-real-nsfw-ish

Heehee
  • DD0pe
    DD0pe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you I've should've of addressed this b4 i do not have a bad boyfriend we were talking he told me his opinion… i wanted to make a long story short and still try to put in certain facts… um I'm looking more so of what thick is a work out regimen to be thicker… i should say