question 4 ppl who understand what thick means

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    http://cdn.necole*****ie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/thick-vs-fat.jpg

this one I cannot post for fear of deletion due to cleavage but it's from the side and not over the top at all and has a wonderful image of Tyra looking puzzled? displeased? envious? thoughtful? awed? check it out.

give us a hint on the ***** starred out letters - even if we copy/paste, we won't see it with stars.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mg15igDUyB1qkfzdlo1_1280.jpg
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    She doesn't seem to feel bad about his choice of words but seems motivated to find out what he means? How do we know his ideal of "thick" isn't precisely what her body is if she relaxes a little with her workout program? How do we know she doesn't use similar language with him? IDK, i just know in my real life I know a lot of thick skinned people (pun intended) and so to me her OP reads as just regular everyday talking and a girl curious what her guy is trying to tell her. So her goes another atttempt to clarify.

Urban dictionary's explanation of "thick": http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thick+girl

similar to mine, and click around to see if anything else helps you get it OP. Happy Thicking! (ie squatting, stairs, lifting, and accepting your own unique and beautiful shape however it happens to be and end up)

I got the jist he made her feel bad only cause she said she lost weight and he said she looked like a crackhead, so she gained weight and he made comment about how she should look thick, and now trying to find out what that is exactly so she can try and attain that.

And I just shared my personal experience, because personally, it did not make me feel good that no matter what I did, my ex found something negative to say about my body. And I do think, just because he says she should look thick doesnt mean its now her duty to attain that. And I only say that because I know how it feels to be with someone who makes me feel like I have to change. Its not a fun or loving situation to be in.

Anyway, we can only make guestimations...neither of us know the dynamics of their relationship or how they talk to each other. It just struck a chord with me is all. Has nothing to do with being thick skinned...I have that. But I dont feel like I should have to suck it up and take it if the man Im with is critical and Im losing and gaining weight to make him happy and he still cant say anything positive about me.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    weightgain.jpg
  • Zumaria1
    Zumaria1 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    55052144natasharenee191364200891455.jpgby the way this one had the caption of "some of the best bodies in showbiz". I think it might be ciara but I'm not sure.

This is actually the singer Ashanti, and i agree that she has a nice figure. Growing up, the word "thick" always meant small waist, thick thighs and nice butt. The pics above are good demonstrations of it. To me, Beyonce is the epitome of "thick". If you are naturally shaped that way, maybe your BF is saying not to get too small?
  • BarefootSerenity
    Options
    HOW? GET A NEW GUY!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    She doesn't seem to feel bad about his choice of words but seems motivated to find out what he means? How do we know his ideal of "thick" isn't precisely what her body is if she relaxes a little with her workout program? How do we know she doesn't use similar language with him? IDK, i just know in my real life I know a lot of thick skinned people (pun intended) and so to me her OP reads as just regular everyday talking and a girl curious what her guy is trying to tell her. So her goes another atttempt to clarify.

Urban dictionary's explanation of "thick": http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thick+girl

similar to mine, and click around to see if anything else helps you get it OP. Happy Thicking! (ie squatting, stairs, lifting, and accepting your own unique and beautiful shape however it happens to be and end up)

I got the jist he made her feel bad only cause she said she lost weight and he said she looked like a crackhead, so she gained weight and he made comment about how she should look thick, and now trying to find out what that is exactly so she can try and attain that.

And I just shared my personal experience, because personally, it did not make me feel good that no matter what I did, my ex found something negative to say about my body. And I do think, just because he says she should look thick doesnt mean its now her duty to attain that. And I only say that because I know how it feels to be with someone who makes me feel like I have to change. Its not a fun or loving situation to be in.

Anyway, we can only make guestimations...neither of us know the dynamics of their relationship or how they talk to each other. It just struck a chord with me is all. Has nothing to do with being thick skinned...I have that. But I dont feel like I should have to suck it up and take it if the man Im with is critical and Im losing and gaining weight to make him happy and he still cant say anything positive about me.

yeah you're right you shouldn't. i'm sorry you had to put up with that kind of nitpicky and never satisfied behaviour. I hope that's not what OP is going through. I hope it's just they talk like that and she cares for him and like most women when we are in a decent relationship she just cares to know what he finds appealing since she is going thru all these changes and actually has some level of options about where she ends up. not full control but some leeway. a certain amount of acceptance is necessary on both their parts though, you're right about that.:flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    tumblr_mbc91802Ja1r9c36po1_500.jpg

I know that no matter my state of affairs, attaining, almost there, or awesome this girl in this risque but modest outfit would hypnotize my husband and probably half a roomful of men, if not all. mostly because even though she is covered up all her thick is apparent and displayed in an eye catching way as to mesmerize.
  • prairiewalker
    prairiewalker Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    How do YOU want to look and feel?

This ^ and the rest will fall into place...keep positive support around you..dispense with negativity...for peace of mind...:flowerforyou:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    ooooooohhhhh.......

MCD, this one just made me whimper a little...:love:

rihanna-hard500.jpg

gotta admit, my heart skips a beat at that one too. dat legs!
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    To be honest. Even as brotha

Fit >>>>>than thick
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    dump him, that's how.
    Do it for you.

exactly
  • KSBeautyintheBuff
    KSBeautyintheBuff Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OP, first you know to figure out how you want to look and what makes you feel good in your own skin. You can't mold your body to what he wants because he will never be satisfied.

First, you can't change genetics. I am puerto rican and I was born tall, with a lean like structure and no *kitten*. When I gain weight it goes all to my stomach and boobs. My legs and butt stay exactly the same, for the most part, so thickening up with fat is practically impossible for me. The only thing you can do with your genetics is work on tailoring it with proper eating and lifting.

If he wants to you have more fat in certain areas to take away the "crack head" look and give you a softer appearance in areas that are sexually appealing to him, well ****...that's not going to happen. You can't direct your body fat and you can't make certain areas build muscle faster.

And quite frankly, is his body up to your standards? Most likely not, so you need to have a real conversation about your body and your expectations with your body. If he can't be happy with what makes you comfortable then he isn't worth keeping around.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I lost alot of weight my bf said I look like a skinny crack head now I gained it back n he saying I need to tone up n get thick like the girls in music videos??...

Ummm...the only time I've ever heard "thick" and "girls in music videos" in the same...er...reference.....was when Sir Mix-A-Lot was banging on about "Baby Got Back". :laugh:
  • NMJiggles
    NMJiggles Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Tell him you are a woman and are alive, not his fantasy object that he can push a button when he wants it fat then push it again when he wants you skinny~!
  • marieskee
    marieskee Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused last time I lost alot of weight my bf said I look like a skinny crack head now I gained it back n he saying I need to tone up n get thick like the girls in music videos??... How am I suppose to do that ?!?

Most of the urban video models/girls/hoes or whatever they are called these days, have large Nicki Minaj like butts and small waists, along with flat stomachs. Many of them have cosmetic procedures such as, butt implants, fat transfers to the butt, and Brazilian butt lifts. Not to mention most of their photos are photo shopped and makes them "almost perfect. The ones that are real are because that is where some people naturally store most of their fat (like Serena Williams). If you do not already have a natural shape like the "video vixens" chances of getting it from gaining or losing weight, are slim to none (you can't control where fat goes).

"Skinny like a crackhead" sounds like your bf likes meaty women. Anyway tone up for you not some "bf. Now if he were your Hubby that would be a different discussion.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    http://cdn.necole*****ie.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/thick-vs-fat.jpg

this one I cannot post for fear of deletion due to cleavage but it's from the side and not over the top at all and has a wonderful image of Tyra looking puzzled? displeased? envious? thoughtful? awed? check it out.

give us a hint on the ***** starred out letters - even if we copy/paste, we won't see it with stars.

oh sorry , it rhymes with nicole ritchie and is a female dog.
  • maundrelle
    maundrelle Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Means juicy hips/thighs/bum something you would get from lifting.

If that isn't the way you want to look tell him to grow a bigger stick then you will get thicker for him ... that'll shut him up :happy:

LOL! This! :laugh:
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    To be honest. Even as brotha

Fit >>>>>than thick

q19B9.gif
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Why are you worried bout what he thinks... Girl be healthy for you.