Fav salad dressing

Options
I love good blue cheese salad dressing, but the calories are making such a dent in my daily count. Love to hear what works for you.

Replies

• LittleOneLoveLife
    LittleOneLoveLife Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    OMG Blue Cheese dressing i forgot how good that is, definately one of my favourites! vinaigrette bassed salad dressings are usually a good alternative :)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Bleu cheese makes me gag.

Recently I've been into Ken's Lite Poppyseed over shredded cabbage. Really yummy and easy. It's 100 calories per 30g which I usually have half of that.

Otherwise, raspberry vinaigrette or balsalmic vinnaigrette. I like some ranch dressings and some Italian dressings, but rarely eat them as I don't feel they're worth the calories (and don't even get me started on light versions of these.)
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    x 2 for raspberry vinaigrette. I use the low fat by thousand island.
    Consider just trying it.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Mizkan ginger dressing
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse. Near the Produce. Usually around 45 calories for 2TBLS. REALLY GOOD!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Store bought I love Trader Joe's light champagne vinaigrette. We also buy marie's light blue cheese - it's the only one my daughter will eat.
  • AigreDoux
    AigreDoux Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I've got about 6 bottles in my fridge that I rotate through, but honestly I keep coming back to Hidden Valley Light Ranch. 80 calories for 30ml serving which covers 7 cups of salad for me.

OP, I did get a blue cheese yogurt dressing at Wegman's which is decent and 70 cal/2 tbsp, in the produce section. Also, skinnytaste has a recipe you can make yourself with greek yogurt and a hunk of blue cheese that's actually really good. She put the calories at 46, but when I made it I weighed the blue cheese and mine ended up being around 70 cals for 1/8th of the weight of the recipe. http://www.skinnytaste.com/low-fat-creamy-blue-cheese-dressing/
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I love OPA Greek yogurt ranch (in the produce section). It's 60 calories per 2 tablespoons. They have a few other flavors, as well. I didn't like the dill one as much. I just saw where Hidden Valley came out with a greek yogurt ranch too. I'm looking forward to trying that one.
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I second the Bolthouse! I don't even need 2 TBS most of the time and I love the ranch for salads or dipping raw veggies. I need to try some of the other kinds!
    My other favorite is Olive Garden Italian which I have found at Walmart in regular and "light", I find that goes a long ways with just a little.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese i.e. gone off mouldy cheese.... #appetising
  • unawind
    unawind Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That magical ginger orange dressing they use at sushi restaurants which seems to have no bottled counterpart.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I use a tablespoon of olive oil, balsalmic vinegar and salt and pepper. If I'm topping my salad with a more fatty meat (such as ground beef), I'll reduce or eliminate the olive oil.
  • Ree13x
    Ree13x Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Blue cheese is my fav. but if I'm counting calories i generally just go with a seasoned rice vinegar. It's slightly sweet, slightly salty, and lots of flavor for only 20 calories.
  • lalittaazouz636
    lalittaazouz636 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Olive oil and lemon juice.
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wishbone spicy caesar dressing.
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I despise store-bought dressing. I make 3-ingredient "skinny" buttermilk Ranch. It's 1/2 C light Hellman's mayo, 1 3/4 C buttermilk and one packet of Ranch mix. A lot of people think buttermilk is high-calorie (it's 99 cal/cup, but I'd never drink it! Ew!). But when you're talking 1-2 T of salad dressing, its nutrition is quite good. High in calcium and potassium too. And it tastes delicioso!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse. Near the Produce. Usually around 45 calories for 2TBLS. REALLY GOOD!

Agree with you. I like most of the Bolthouse Farms dressings!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Bolthouse's Cilantro Avocado
  • meganmoore112
    meganmoore112 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I was just going to say Bolthouse cilantro avocado and it's right above! I just tried it for the first time last week. I'm planning to get some other Bolthouse flavors. Yum!
  • kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Renees chipotle caesar and southwest ranch
    I'm looking for other options though as it is quite caloric (90cal 1tbsp)