Help me make coffee suck less

Options

Replies

• rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    I love coffee, I have three cups at the house and when I get to the office I fire up the Keurig for another 10 oz cup. All black with no sugar. I can remember as a teen thinking "how can anyone like coffee" I also used to think that about Scotch too (they put water in when they make it). I get good beans and grind them the night before and set the pot. I press go when I get up and then take it hot to the mircowave for more heat. Maybe I killed all my taste buds by now. I have also switched to un-sweet iced tea, now that took some getting used to but have grown to like it.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    A true connoisseur of coffee will add nothing to make it taste better. Don't drink something you detest. You can drink a 0 calorie soda or you can buy caffiene tablets at the pharmacy.

But with that said, you can buy 0 calorie syrups that will make it taste different and or better. Such as "Skinny Syrup" and it really is 0 calories.
  • dmwh142
    dmwh142 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I love coffee with truvia and canned coconut milk (it is the only one without sugar). If I didn't like coffee I would do what my college age son does which is add caffeine powder from Bulk Supplements to his coke zero. That is a no calorie option and does not taste disgusting like Monster. Best of luck to you.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I can't drink it.
    On mornings when I need help waking up, I drink high caffeine tea.
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    ebrass73 wrote: »
    I'm a teacher, and I absolutely hate coffee. However, I force myself to drink it on select occasions when I just CAN'T function. I usually add a couple tablespoons of creamer to my coffee, but those calories quickly add up and make my total breakfast calories way too high.

I tried putting my unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my coffee yesterday, and it was absolutely disgusting.

Help! What can I add to my coffee to make it low-calorie AND taste halfway decent?

This is a process.. Coffee seems to be an aquired taste. Lol..

When i started drinking coffee, it was because of my job also... I started out with probably 2 oz full fat creamer, 2 tsp sugar.. Yeah lotsa cals esp if you drink it 3x a day.

So slowly i died down the sugar and switched to sweet & low...

Then i did the same with the creamer now i drink my coffee black with 2 packets of sweet & low per 12 oz coffee...

Just a suggestion
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I like the walden farms coffee creamers..0 calories...the chocole syrup and pancake syrup are ok too.dont touch the peanut butter though..nasty.
  • Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    If you're drinking coffee in the break room at the school, make sure it's a relatively fresh pot. Sometimes that stuff sits around a while and no matter what kind of coffee you start with, a few hours on a hot plate will kill it.
  • Hope4Beth
    Hope4Beth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Columbian coffee, 1 tablespoon half & half, and 2 packets of Splenda....22 calories.
  • sticky_town
    sticky_town Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Coffee + coffeemate powder
  • stone_to_gray
    stone_to_gray Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Raw honey is good in coffee :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I used to just have a shot of espresso when I needed a pick me up. Black. Just one sip and it's gone.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher, and I absolutely hate coffee. However, I force myself to drink it on select occasions when I just CAN'T function. I usually add a couple tablespoons of creamer to my coffee, but those calories quickly add up and make my total breakfast calories way too high.

I tried putting my unsweetened vanilla almond milk in my coffee yesterday, and it was absolutely disgusting.

Help! What can I add to my coffee to make it low-calorie AND taste halfway decent?

Add protein powder, instead of creamer.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    drink tea, or energy drinks, or soda

or get quality coffee. which is a preference. i love my coffee but bf hates it
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Not sure what's available in Sioux Center, but go to a good purveyor (here in NYC I go to Whole Foods or Fairway for GREAT coffee selections) or get online and find some good artisanal roasts. I addicted to WFM's 'Pleasant Morning Buzz', an Viennese dark roast. Without my morning cup I would drown in the shower. And I just take the calorie hit and use 3 Tbsp of half & half. Nothing better.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    Could it be the water you use causing the problem. My daughter refuses to drink coffee here. She uses bottled at home.
  • vitty1
    vitty1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Walden farms, zero cal French vanilla coffee creamer = problem solved.

• billglitch
    billglitch Posts: 538 Member
    Options

I drink coffee, not a lot but I do drink it and I drink it black with no sugar. I discovered that it tastes better to me when its cooled to room temp. I know it sounds weird, but you might want to try that.
  • DaveB1M2
    DaveB1M2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Honey and Cinnamon :)
  • eeejer
    eeejer Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    caffeine pills.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Half and half...the macros for 2T 39cals, 1g protein, 3g fat, 1g carbs. Stevia to sweeten.
    If you can shop at Trader Joe's they have a Columbian instant coffee granules in a jar that is quite awesome.