Help me make coffee suck less

Options

Replies

• sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Drink Diet Coke or Coke Zero, etc.? Why would you drink something that you find disgusting?
  • JanetMMcC
    JanetMMcC Posts: 410 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Try skim milk and a spritz of chocolate milk flavoring. That'll add sweetener as well as chocolate flavor. Me, my standard morning cuppa has 1/3 cup dry skim milk, for one of my daily calcium servings, and sweetener. You can't just dump the skim all in at once, but add it in a bit slowly.
  • gretaowalker
    gretaowalker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Put a dash of baking soda in your coffee and it makes the acidity go away that may help
  • DoreenaV1975
    DoreenaV1975 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    ktekc wrote: »
    I like the walden farms coffee creamers..0 calories...the chocole syrup and pancake syrup are ok too.dont touch the peanut butter though..nasty.

YUP - I agree the PB is NASTY !!!!!!!
    But I also don't like the creamers...though they are no where near as bad.
    I want to try the syrup but after not liking the other 2 items, I'm afraid to waste my money!
  • ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Vanilla almond milk 1 tbsp pumpkin puree and a little pumpkin spice.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If you drink it purely for the caffeine, why not just have something you hate less like maybe diet red bull or caffeinated crystal light?
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Bite the bullet and dress the vile stuff up with some heavy (unsweetened) whipping cream, liquid sucralose or stevia (lower carbs that the powdered forms) and whatever high-quality, concentrated flavoring you like. (Vanilla is usually my choice.)

The HWC gives it a nice mouthfeel that can almost create the impression that you're enjoying a treat, not force-feeding a necessity.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I didn't start drinking coffee until I was in my late thirties. Now, I look forward to my ritual of grinding coffee beans and putting up the coffee every night to automatically brew. Carefully measured CoffeeMate and a little Splenda do fine for me. I don't consume many other processed foods, so I'm okay with it. but if I felt like I needed a hit of caffeine to function, I think I would take a hard look at my life and work out how to get more sleep. No one should have to drink coffee to function.
  • MLMarkow
    MLMarkow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Try tea if you hate coffee. Almost as much caffeine and less acid.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I take a couple excedrin :) Has caffeine in it and pain reliever since I am usually sore a little anyway. Two of those is good as soda. I also use powdered caffeine in another drink or straight caffeine pills.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    I love the smell of coffee, but the taste? Not so much. However, I LOVE espresso. Yes, there's a big difference. Regular coffee tastes like hot brown water to me. The rich, full flavor of espresso is much more satisfying and you need less of it for a good caffeine boost.
  • bradcfairchild
    bradcfairchild Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Be thankful you hate it. Some people are so hooked on it they can't stop, even if they wanted to. Just saying. It's another way of looking at it. Some people love it but can't drink it. You have a good problem.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been making Peet's French roast using a French press, and it reminds me of hot cocoa with cream and stevia.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    LORIMCX wrote: »
    Drink Tea

This is what I do. Coffee nauseates me, even just the smell of it. The actual taste leaves me nauseated for several hours. Absolutely not worth it.
  • Lovey50
    Lovey50 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good strong English breakfast tea, like PG Tips, with a splash of milk is very hearty
  • RalfLott
    Options
    fit4itall wrote: »
    Add 1 pack of Stevia. It's a 0 calorie natural sweetener. The brand I use is called Truvia...you can get it from Target.

Just a quick note on the powdered stuff - most of it, especially the stuff in small packets, also has fillers like Maltodextrin and Dextrose. If you're not diabetic and don't use much (like in coffee), it's not a big deal.

But if you're carb-sensitive and use powdered Stevia, Splenda, Equal, in larger amounts (for baking), you might see some effect.

The liquid, squirtable versions of Stevia (green bottle) and Sucralose (yellow bottle) don't have those fillers.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    BekahC1980 wrote: »
    Try liquid coffee flavors . Torani and DaVinci are good they have sugar free options as well

Good call! I'd forgotten about DaVinci.

Amazon has quite a few reviews of most flavors. I got a blast of the DaVinci sugar-free a few years ago at a coffee shop that had run out of SF vanilla, and it was pretty tasty!
  • Dstrand1
    Dstrand1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Try 4Cs energy Rush in water - can get iced tea or fruit flavor. I lost my taste bud for coffee and this is a good no calorie way to get caffeine without the super strong rush of monster or 5- hour...
  • GeeWillickers
    GeeWillickers Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    beyond
    ebrass73 wrote: »
    I'm a teacher, and I absolutely hate coffee. However, I force myself to drink it on select occasions when I just CAN'T function.

Why force yourself to drink or take anything? I'm a hardcore coffee drinker who at one time drank at least 24 cups a day and can function with or with out it. It makes no sense to force ourselves to do anything we don't have to and any immediate result wears off. It's like me saying I hate meth and crack but on select occasions when I just can't function I fire up the crack pipe and go an a bender that would make Rob Ford sit up and go "yah mon".
  • Prettygirls101
    Prettygirls101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just drink cappuccino its 40 cal