• ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Thoughts on this old saying?!

What about blind people?
  • Justpeachy02
    Justpeachy02 Posts: 11,817 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have an issue with a specific person in your life? Maybe you should discuss it with him.
    Oh no! Not at all. Just a discussion my girlfriends and I were having.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    Sounds like you have an issue with a specific person in your life? Maybe you should discuss it with him.

Do you touch your girlfriends?
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    This just got weird.

Ummm yes it did
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options

Men enjoy looking at women and women enjoy looking at men. I don't see the issue so long as no one is slack jawed or weird about it.
  • ncboiler89
    Options

Men enjoy looking at women and women enjoy looking at men. I don't see the issue so long as no one is slack jawed or weird about it.

Slack jawed or weird? Which one would 'hiding in the bushes' fall under?
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    This has always been mine and my husbands thoughts as well. A girlfriend of mine was just denying she looks at other men. Myself and other girlfriends were like " yeah right " I think it's just human nature to notice an appealing person. No harm no foul!
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options
    This has always been mine and my husbands thoughts as well. A girlfriend of mine was just denying she looks at other men. Myself and other girlfriends were like " yeah right " I think it's just human nature to notice an appealing person. No harm no foul!

Sounds like my wife and me. Is your girlfriend in a new relationship?
  • Justpeachy02
    Options

No been married almost 20 years. My girlfriends and I included her in a group text where we were looking at a photo of a certain male whom we all think is great looking and she told us to grow up! Haha alrighty then. Mind you we are all late 30's-40's just having a little fun.
  • sunnybeaches105
    Options

No been married almost 20 years. My girlfriends and I included her in a group text where we were looking at a photo of a certain male whom we all think is great looking and she told us to grow up! Haha alrighty then. Mind you we are all late 30's-40's just having a little fun.

Some people are more uncomfortable than others I suppose
  • Justpeachy02
    Options

Some people are more uncomfortable than others I suppose

I guess. We will leave her out of the group texts. Lol
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Looking AT someone is fine, looking FOR someone is not. Neither is touching. I think it's unreasonable to not look at other people. Beauty on all levels should be appreciated.
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    Looking AT someone is fine, looking FOR someone is not. Neither is touching. I think it's unreasonable to not look at other people. Beauty on all levels should be appreciated.

Agree
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about food.
  • ncboiler89
    Options
    I thought this was going to be about food.

Pervert
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Show us on the doll where the bad person touched you.
  • Staceym2112
    Staceym2112 Posts: 892 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I think this depends on the situation

Children at a store with glass objects and a sign that says you break it, you buy it.... DON'T TOUCH

Anything that I spent money on and you have no respect for- DON'T TOUCH

My significant other- DON'T TOUCH

Flowers in my garden or on a tree outside my house- as long as you don't take them all and cut them at the right angle you can touch

My dog- as long as you don't hurt her or try to steal her, you can touch.

My toothbrush, toothpaste, shower accessories, or clothes- DON'T TOUCH

In a relationship though as it applies to other people. I think it's okay to look or say you have crushes on celebrities but not to touch definitely. I feel it's more respectful to only look when not with your s/o though. I don't want to be sitting across from him at a meal while he's looking at every female that walks past us.
  • tony56pr
    tony56pr Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Jealousy comes from insecurity, I'm secure and it does not make me jealous, I tease her about it in fact (just like she teases me in return). However I have been in a relationship were I was not secure and it did make me jealous when my ex-wife commented about another man. It has to do with how secure one is (I'm also 10 years older, perhaps that makes more security)
  • Justpeachy02
    Options
    I think this depends on the situation

Children at a store with glass objects and a sign that says you break it, you buy it.... DON'T TOUCH

Anything that I spent money on and you have no respect for- DON'T TOUCH

My significant other- DON'T TOUCH

Flowers in my garden or on a tree outside my house- as long as you don't take them all and cut them at the right angle you can touch

My dog- as long as you don't hurt her or try to steal her, you can touch.

My toothbrush, toothpaste, shower accessories, or clothes- DON'T TOUCH

In a relationship though as it applies to other people. I think it's okay to look or say you have crushes on celebrities but not to touch definitely. I feel it's more respectful to only look when not with your s/o though. I don't want to be sitting across from him at a meal while he's looking at every female that walks past us.

Yes!