cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Dinosaurs must have been so weird.

woen63thhn92.png
  • cee134
    edited October 2016
    Options
    During the evacuation of Cloud City, you can see an extra running with what appears to be an ice cream maker. The extra has since been given an elaborate backstory, and the supposed ice cream maker is meant to be a database of contacts within the Rebellion.

Willrow Hood and The Running of the Hoods is an annual 'Star Wars' Celebration tradition

7soq32pj0l78.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    The Ewoks occasionally speak Tagalog, although most of their dialogue is loosely inspired by Kalmuck, a language spoken in Mongolia. One of the Ewok songs once was believed to be in Swedish — with the lyrics translating, wonderfully, as “It smells of cereal in here” — but that, sadly, was based upon people mishearing the gibberish the oversized rodents were singing.
  • 405mlgw
    405mlgw Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The Romans used urine to clean and whiten their teeth.
  • cee134
    Options
    Three of the guards on Jabba's sail barge are named Klaatu, Barada and Nikto. Those names are an homage to classic sci-fi film "The Day the Earth Stood Still."
  • cee134
    Options
    Did you know that back when google first started doing Google Translations, if you translated Clown to Japanese, then took the Japanese translation and translated back to English: Clown came out as Buffoonery Teacher. Google has since gotten better about it's translations and this doesn't work anymore.
  • gojaqs
    gojaqs Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    MFP deleted my aquatic exercise post - that's a useless fact. :#
  • cee134
    Options
    You can say "Shaka when the walls fell" to explain failure. Its from the Tamarian language in Star Trek Next Generation. And you can say my favorite, "Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra" when you need somebody to cooperate with you.

h3khkuqe5zzc.png
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    gojaqs wrote: »
    MFP deleted my aquatic exercise post - that's a useless fact. :#

Sorry!! ..Why on earth would they? ..
  • LPHillery
    LPHillery Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The string of symbols used to represent profanity (!@#$%) is called a grawlix.

No !@#$% . I never knew that

• cee134
    Options
    All Fridays are now Force Fridays!

3p2eb37gu6nu.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    Wedge Antilles is the only other character to be in all 3 movies; wears only one costume; and is the only character to help destroy both Death Stars. Side note: The actor is uncle to Ewan McGregor.

7cvdckl8i379.jpg
  • cee134
    Options
    Billy Mumy - known best as Will Robinson from 1960's Lost In Space TV Series also was in a band called Barnes and Barnes. Their most famous hit is the song "Fish Heads".
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a useless fact but:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-4hPEYMJX2AYI2MY9GVfBTm1wBmW0YN4QBWRe_iFu_75XYKC8bw
  • cee134
    Options
    s2apwz7pj5t9.jpg
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options