Useless Fact of the Day

Options

Replies

• browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    I could be single and alone, and never feel alone.

Same. But currently I am attached and have never felt so alone. I would rather just be alone.

Being alone has its great moments. I can walk around the house nekkid anytime I want. :lol:
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    The only time I've heard a customer say "The customer is always right" is when they're wrong.
  • cee134
    Options
    If you try to grow it and it dies, it's a plant. If you try to kill it and it grows, it's a weed.
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    lbs is a shortened term for the Latin word "Libra" that literally translates to scales.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    JeffreyOC wrote: »
    lbs is a shortened term for the Latin word "Libra" that literally translates to scales.

That is my sign and I have the scales tattooed on my person.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

Pretty much me currently

Same. But currently I am attached and have never felt so alone. I would rather just be alone.

Pretty much my fears
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    There are actually joints in your cranium called sutures. You also have more bones at birth that you do as an adult.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Neil Armstrong definitively proved he wasn't a werewolf.

WRONG! the visor on the suit and windows on the ship were all coated in a film that removed the wave length from the moon light that normally activated werewolves.

Neil Armstrong is a werewolf, or why else would they coat the ship and visors in moonlight dampening film!

article-fact-or-opinion.jpg

Can't argue that logic. Plus it has a fact stamp so...

The stamp makes it official
  • cee134
    Options
    Princess Leia never actually gets to 'meet' General Obi Wan Kenobi. She sees him from afar when she's escaping the Death Star as Obi-Wan is about to let Darth Vader kill him but that's it. Unless you count Obi-Wan being present for her birth in Revenge of the Sith...then she never met him.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    If you neglect to put coffee grounds in the filter you just get hot water. Don't ask me how I know. Now where's my freaking coffee?!
  • ChrisNels1
    ChrisNels1 Posts: 16,638 Member
    Options
    Just discovered (used for first time) powdered peanut butter. Awesome!!!!!!!!!
  • cee134
    Options
    A bed is just a shelf for your body when you're not using it.
  • cee134
    Options
    Pretty soon "manual" and "automatic" won't be referring to your transmission but to your whole car.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Pretty soon "manual" and "automatic" won't be referring to your transmission but to your whole car.

people seem pretty reluctant to change, people still say wind your window down even though people press a button and have for many years.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    "When you clock the human race with the stopwatch of history, it's a new record every time" - Firesign Theatre
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Fun fact: Skeuomorph is the word for design elements that once served a purpose and no longer do but it's still there like the symbol to make a call on your smartphone is an old telephone or the camera phone making the sound of a mechanical shutter

<3

• finny11122
    finny11122 Posts: 8,436 Member
    Options
    When plasma cutting steel the plasma reaches 20000 celsius
  • relynne
    relynne Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    You are 60% more likely to have sex on the first date if you like the taste of beer.