weight loss pills suggestions??

Options
1234568»

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try this. Ask how many people on here have lost weight and successfully kept it off for years, while using a diet pill or aid. I will bet you, that the only thing you will probably hear is crickets.
    Now ask how many people, lost weight and successfully kept it, simply by eating at a deficit. You will get a lot of answers.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    i would like something to help me out with my diet. can anyone recommend any weight loss pills that work? i tried adios a long time ago but they didnt work. ive been looking into raspberry ketones, and detox pills, but they all have mixed reviews

there is no such thing as a majic pill that helps you lose weight. Only appetite suppressants which are not good for your heart health. You have to face it that you need food to live. You will have to change your eating habits. The best appetite suppressant I have found is exercise. Its free and good for you. Drinking your 8 cups of water each day also helps. Please dont take these pills. Most arent even approved by the FDA and are dangerous. This is why MFP is great, you can keep tweeking your daily food intake and easily track calories eaten while adding in variety to your day's meals.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,517 Member
    Options
    so i guess you guys are also against multivitamins?

Yes, if one eats a normal diet one doesn't need a multivitamin. The problem comes if someone really has a deficiency and pops a low dose multivitamin each day. The dose is likely too low to give any benefit, or the combination of other vitamins inside that pill hamper absorption. However, those vitamins might still show up in blood test results and your doctor might think you're healthy and miss the deficiency. Thus don't take multivitamins.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »
    So after two pages of facts, you are still considering wasting your money? LOL, too funny!

i dont see any "facts" with any proof here. and i havent said im still going to buy any, i have only considered them. so keep your comments to yourself

You are very rude your given people time & effort to help you all you do is get angry

Take me for a fact last year I used a supplement to dump my glycion stores from my liver to get into ketosis quicker as I was very low having just lost my baby lily at 5 months pregnant after 3 months bedrest to sepsis woke up in intensive care nearly died so to focus on anything but my grief I took these to help with a slimming shake diet lose 14lbs a month
    I hemoraghed loads 4 ambulance visits last one to recuss = 11 blood transfusions brought on by a supplement & a 500 a day diet
    There's a fact for you a real nearly life losing fact all because I was grieving & needed to be thin quick

So my lesson is CICO if it takes a year st least I'm healthy and not dabbling in things that can potentially put your health at risk

Life's way too short & be are getting annoyed as your given facts & still talking about pills then being rude ?

Life in general is hard if you want something so good & ask my children how they felt about seeing they're mum bleed almost to death as she wanted a quick weightloss it sort of wakes you up to reality & wgars important Hun :)
  • Abbie918
    Abbie918 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Not to beat a dead horse, but none of them are worth it. If they worked, do you think there would be a need for a site like MFP? Everyone would buy the magic pill and the weight would fall off. The cost of these pills, which really do nothing except maybe get you jittery from all the caffeine, is a waste of money and they may actually cause you to shell out for expensive medical treatment down the road. Taking unregulated medication isn't a great idea.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    In a nutshell, I think the bottom line is this:

If anyone is *still* looking to rely on a shortcut or something to speed up or boost their weight loss after being repeatedly informed that such a magic bullet doesn't exist, and that instead of getting real and getting down to the nitty gritty - that losing weight simply means eating less than you burn each day - then that person clearly isn't yet ready to begin actually losing that weight at this point in their life.

Which is okay, too, since their chances of success while in this mindset are pretty non-existent. :(
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    eeejer wrote: »
    jaynee7283 wrote: »
    So was it the pills or the lack of calories that enabled me to lose 40 pounds in 5 months? I'll never know.

uh, what? I am pretty sure we all know the answer to why it happened, obviously the pills played no part at all. If you had eaten maintenance and lost 40 lbs then we would have something to ponder.

Just to clarify - the study was more than that. EVERYONE was on a 1200 calorie diet during the study, but not everyone took the Contrave medication. The study was to determine if Contrave could assist with weight loss in combination with calorie restriction, versus just calorie restriction. The study showed that those on Contrave DID lose more weight during the study than those that took a placebo pill.

Having said that, even though Contrave is now available by prescription, please note that I did NOT opt to get a prescription for it. So that should also say something. ;)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    So was it the pills or the lack of calories that enabled me to lose 40 pounds in 5 months? I'll never know.

uh, what? I am pretty sure we all know the answer to why it happened, obviously the pills played no part at all. If you had eaten maintenance and lost 40 lbs then we would have something to ponder.

Just to clarify - the study was more than that. EVERYONE was on a 1200 calorie diet during the study, but not everyone took the Contrave medication. The study was to determine if Contrave could assist with weight loss in combination with calorie restriction, versus just calorie restriction. The study showed that those on Contrave DID lose more weight during the study than those that took a placebo pill.

Having said that, even though Contrave is now available by prescription, please note that I did NOT opt to get a prescription for it. So that should also say something. ;)

Contrave doesn't create weight loss. It doesn't even claim to. It controls appetite and cravings. Therefore, while it helped you to maintain a 1200 calorie diet, it was the diet itself that caused the loss.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    auddii wrote: »
    caffeine pills work great.

A cup of coffee is likely cheaper.

5c a pill. I don't think so.

Oh boy, here we go....
    Is a cost per mg of caffeine debate brewing?
    auddii wrote: »
    caffeine pills work great.

A cup of coffee is likely cheaper.

5c a pill. I don't think so.

Oh boy, here we go....
    Is a cost per mg of caffeine debate brewing?

No. I simply said caffeine pills are an effective weight loss pill, pretty much the only one with clinical evidence (examine.com says it is the only weight loss supplement that works). Someone else said it was cheaper to drink coffee. Even if you drink the crappiest dunkin donuts plonk it is far more expensive to drink it, plus the thread is about pills, not liquids.

Oh and I like the pun, I think you may just be trying to stir up trouble though.

Awh, cmon man. Me? Trouble? Im not stirring up anything....except my afternoon cuppa joe.

Alright I think you guys have ground that discussion into the mud by now. I don't think readers want to have to filter out your comments. Obviously the OP feels like they've been roasted. Hopefully everyone's insights are however percolating around in her head.

I haven't been around much lately, but this comment... :laugh:
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    so i guess you guys are also against multivitamins?

Now that you mention it

Three new papers published in the Annals of Internal Medicine add to an accumulated body of research that has studied the health effects of routine vitamin and mineral supplements in healthy populations. The best available evidence gives us good, reliable information to conclude that multivitamins offer no meaningful health benefits to the generally healthy consumer. It’s time to bring an end to the era of indiscriminate multivitamin use.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/more-evidence-that-routine-multivitamin-use-should-be-avoided/

Then how else can I tinkle in disco?
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    what are these pills made for then?
    if nobody has anything positive to say, then dont say anything at all. i didnt come on here for an argument!

You're going to get one, on MFP people are here to work with their bodies to lose weight. As a community we are very anti quick fixes and anti supplements that do nothing. diet pills are a product of marketing to people who are gullible, desperate, and willing to try anything. You will spend money and notice very little help. The key is self control and limiting calorie intake.
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Wow, OP is rude!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    You can help your own metabolism simply by moving more...
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Your magic pill is a healthy Mediterranean style diet and exercise that you enjoy. Beyond that, seriously, your doctor can give you a pill or recommend a treatment if you need more.
  • I_amnr
    I_amnr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    wow the negativity lol..
    some of you need to be a lot more gentle

I have used them .. and I use them from time to time BUT I'm very carful about which ones I have used

do some work ? Yes (tracked expected weight loss and actual weight lose with and with out supplement)
    should it be your main focus? No (I still lose weight with out it)
    I tend to use them at the start and closer to the end of my weight loss

I still put in loads of effort.. 2000 to 1600 calories a day work out 4 times a week with high intensity
    The ones I use also help with my gym work out

• SlimSharonSlim
    SlimSharonSlim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    There are many pills but DON'T as you will just put all the weight back on when you come off the pills........simples!
  • rollerjog
    rollerjog Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    the best weight loss pill is eat in a calorie def and start moving around to burn energy it might not be the fastest way to lose weigh but if you stick with it it will work good luck
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    There are more fairies in the world than weight loss pills....